Grow tent question

• Thread starter brd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brd

brd

I am thinking about setting up a tent in my flower room to veg in. But I'm worried about light leaks. I have never seen or used a grow tent and dont want to buy one and find out it wont work.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

They leak no matter what tent u buy don't put it in your room

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
just helped set up a friends grow - he got a Secret Jardin Dark Room II - can not find any light leaks on it at all

and even if a tent did leak a bit you can hang some panda plastic between the tent and the flower area - no big deal

brd

brd

just helped set up a friends grow - he got a Secret Jardin Dark Room II - can not find any light leaks on it at all

and even if a tent did leak a bit you can hang some panda plastic between the tent and the flower area - no big deal

The reason I want to use the tent and not just build another room is to utilize the environmental controls I already have in place in the flower room. If I have to use panda film to separate the two areas I might just as well build a new room.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Trust me there all light proof for a week then a leak Will happen some weres and you prolly don't want the headache of checking every day to see if u have a leak just build a separate room or put a tent In another room. I love my tents but one inside a flower room is asking for a problem

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Trust me there all light proof for a week then a leak Will happen some weres and you prolly don't want the headache of checking every day to see if u have a leak just build a separate room or put a tent In another room. I love my tents but one inside a flower room is asking for a problem

Well said, and a great point. I love my SJ tent, but I don't think I'd assume that there are no leaks. Not worth the seeds lol:harvest:

Cheers,
Crom

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
dont really see how hanging a curtain or sheet of plastic is the same as building another room - but hey go for it

P

Pandaman

I use Grow Labs and yes, they leak a little. Bit of black duct tape and its golden. That said, I agree with the other posters... Don't put a tent in a flower room. Anything brighter than moonlight will hermie your plant. Not worth the risk imho. Maybe convert a closet...?

Peace

brd

brd

Thanks for the honesty guys. My operation is in a warehouse and I have the room to build another room. I just thought If I could put a tent in an existing room I could get away with the AC/heating, dehumidification, CO2 that I already have in place. Where as if I build a separate room is going to need its own environmental controls. But a new room it is. I dont want the worries.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

own a grow lab and had to use it for a large clone tent. I simply place a sheet of visqueen or pandafillm. That work vary well. Not only that but i use 2 sheets to cut 1 room into a veg and bloom. No door, No framing. Just tape with staples threw the visqueen does the trick for me. My girls dont mind the little bit of light. If anything they look at it like moon light......

N

NatrlHgh

ive been checking out the jardin dr 300 ii.. looks pretty lights out.. was reading this thread and noticed you gentlemen mention having a flowering room separate from your actual grow room.. is that correct? and if so please explain..

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
ive been checking out the jardin dr 300 ii.. looks pretty lights out.. was reading this thread and noticed you gentlemen mention having a flowering room separate from your actual grow room.. is that correct? and if so please explain..

I use two tents in two different rooms. I use a 4x8 tent/tray for veg, and a 5x5 for bloom. I use a different room all together for cloning as well. I like to maintain good temps for the different needs.

Cheers,
Crom

N

NatrlHgh

I use two tents in two different rooms. I use a 4x8 tent/tray for veg, and a 5x5 for bloom. I use a different room all together for cloning as well. I like to maintain good temps for the different needs.

Cheers,
Crom

i only have one room at this moment, and this is my first grow so im wondering what is the most basic setup i can run without any damage to the plant? Im going to use a 5x5 tent with 2 1000w hps+mh hoods. I originally thought that this would all i would need for the whole process as far as lighting goes. lol im obviously mistaken.. i appreciate any feedback.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Well it depends what you are doing for stock plants. For instance if you are not keeping mothers you can get clones from friends or dispensaries to start cycles. If you are trying to keep a mother so that you can provide your own clones, then you need a veg/clone/mother area and a flower area. For obvious reasons you don't want these light schedules to interrupt each other, so we use separate rooms. The other reasons are environmental. You want a different RH and Temp in veg compared to bloom. Hell depending on how you clone, if you do, you will need more RH.

Another way that you can accomplish keeping a strain without mothers is to clone your plants while vegging and start the clone process so that by the time you need that clone its ready and established. Make sense? The bottom line IMO is you need to have a game plan ahead of time. You need to know where to go next in each stage of growth. I would recommend getting a book and read it back to front then get another one and continue till you have the knowledge in your head with a reference library for special occasions.

If you have access to clones get a couple clones, not too many, and veg for like a week then flip to 12/12. This way you won't run into height restrictions from a long veg time. Get a feel for growing before trying to fill a 4x8 tray and flood with hundreds of dollars of nutes only to burn and kill a crop.

Patience young padawan..

Cheers,
Crom

N

NatrlHgh

will do.. p.s. already started building flwr box. =) definitely not in a rush to do it wrong out the gate lol so im gonna get some good books and soak up some more knowledge, thanks

N

NatrlHgh

hey cromb you mentioned that you run or ran in a jardin, is the structure sound? Looks to be a little flimsy in all the pictures i have seen.

4smokin20

yeah, my tent seems to leak a little more light with zipper use and just general wear. i really like them but have to agree that in a flower room a tent may cause problems.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Yeah I like my Jardin. I would definitely recommend them to Farmers. I hang a Mag xxxl 6" and a carbon filter with ease. The reflector is 35lbs and the filter is maybe 20 lbs(?). So it has no issue holding about 60 lbs. I put my 6" extraction fan on the roof with the suction side in a roof port then through the filter. I don't air cool my hood, as my temps are good. I believe that, in the Jardins at least, it's all about how you set up the adjustable ceiling bars to support your gear. There are some pin hole light leaks that I just put some black Gorrilla tape on and was good. I still don't trust tents for being light proof though. Hope that helps. I'll include a picture of the hood and filter.

Cheers,
Crom

IMG 1185

1st.artuning

Secret Jardin tents are by far the best when it comes to light proof over anything else. Never had any light leaks and I've one for three years...

I

IndicacannaJone

Been using a Jardin II 4x4' for a couple months now, and zero light-leakage, just to add to the testimony of other Jardin users. Greners also has them rated as the most light-proof tent out there based on a head-to-head competition against the biggest named tent-makers. This was based on their first-generation tents. I've only used the second gen, but they're supposed to be even better all around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom