Grow tent temperature for LED

• Thread starter meerkat67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

meerkat67

I have just switched over to LEDs. Just wondering, do you want the tent a little warmer with them over HPS etc? I was running 23-25 with HPS but have heard with LEDs you should have it warmer?

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
75-80f with led.
The biggest problem with led is there two intense and you should always dial them down from 100% to 75-80% witchever settings your light uses mines at 75% but some drop from 100% to 80%

Another thing about led is they burn the plants easily and that 18” away you have with hids might be higher
Mines at the top of my tent about 30” away

M

meerkat67

75-80f with led.
The biggest problem with led is there two intense and you should always dial them down from 100% to 75-80% witchever settings your light uses mines at 75% but some drop from 100% to 80%

Another thing about led is they burn the plants easily and that 18” away you have with hids might be higher
Mines at the top of my tent about 30” away
This would all depend on the watts of the said LEDs though hey? I’ve just switched out my 600w hps’s for 6x 220w LEDs in 2mx2m tent.. I have them fairly close for the fact they are low wattage, reason I have so many is to cover the hard to match size of the 2m tent..

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Not really unless you pick a household led
You would expect so but I’ve seen low watt led burn just as much as high watt led

I had two 200w leds burn my plants when I first switched

M

meerkat67

Not really unless you pick a household led
You would expect so but I’ve seen low watt led burn just as much as high watt led

I had two 200w leds burn my plants when I first switched
Awesome I’ll keep an eye on things. Have been told that chasing VDP is more important that temp, obviously they’ll end up hand in had to an extent but thinking of getting a

Pulse One Smart Environmental Monitor?​

Think this unit looks pretty good for everything.

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Wish i could access some pics and journals i made in the past withQB led . I did a grow in a warehouse heat was not all turned on .
Temps were steady in the 60f . Plants did not care one bit just a lot of purple . i stull pulled the same yield and dense buds with high thc.
Temps in any grow except co2 injected rooms 60f to 80f best bud . Hotter then the bud will start to get slightly looser not all the time .
I have flowered with 2700 ppm of co2 !! in the 95f high heat with hps lamps i still got rock hard nugs and big yields but had to water twice as much

Grower1974

Grower1974

All my grows perform pretty great as long as tent temps are betwen 62-80°F

I have plants everywhere in the grow room too. Most are seeing 900-1050ppfd at the tops with the LED bars within 4-8” above. Never get burning. LST’s always stay under 80°

Top Bottom