Grow Tent Ventilation

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

So I calculated the cfm I would need for my 4x8 grow tent.. it came out to 408 cfm for 32 square feet. but if I plan to use 3 600s in air cooled hoods will this 408 cfm requirement need to be adjusted? they'll be running straight through the tent so no bends in the ducting.. if needs to be changed what do you think will be good?

also have a vent tech fan speed controller but never grown indoor so have no clue what this is for? will it up the cfm on the 440 fan I buy?

Last edited:
Midwestjay

Midwestjay

So I calculated the cfm I would need for my 4x8 grow tent.. it came out to 408 cfm for 32 square feet. but if I plan to use 3 600s in air cooled hoods will this 408 cfm requirement need to be adjusted? they'll be running straight through the tent so no bends in the ducting.. if needs to be changed what do you think will be good?

also have a vent tech fan speed controller but never grown indoor so have no clue what this is for? will it up the cfm on the 440 fan I buy?
That a lot of light for a 4x8 so it's gonna be hot. Your prob gonna need a dedicated inline fan for the cool tubes. And then a filtered exhaust at the top o the tent to pull the heat out.
From my personal experience it's gonna be hard to keep temps down unless you're growing in a cool spot. I would go with a 8" inline at least if you are gonna just try to run one fan. I've had trouble keeping one 600w hps cool in a 4x4 tent. Am when I went to 1k I had to run a 8" and that was a cool basement grow. Honestly 2 600w is all you need for that space. I hit .7 g per watt regularly with a 600w in half that space. Just my 2c

bankcee

bankcee

That a lot of light for a 4x8 so it's gonna be hot. Your prob gonna need a dedicated inline fan for the cool tubes. And then a filtered exhaust at the top o the tent to pull the heat out.
From my personal experience it's gonna be hard to keep temps down unless you're growing in a cool spot. I would go with a 8" inline at least if you are gonna just try to run one fan. I've had trouble keeping one 600w hps cool in a 4x4 tent. Am when I went to 1k I had to run a 8" and that was a cool basement grow. Honestly 2 600w is all you need for that space. I hit .7 g per watt regularly with a 600w in half that space. Just my 2c

so you would say 2K would be way hotter than 3 6s?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

so you would say 2K would be way hotter than 3 6s?
Not really sure on that but I would think it would be cooler. I just know when it comes to temps you need to go about 4x bigger then you think you need. Unless your growing in a cool spot like a basement or something like that. I know the wattage/lumen charts will say like 800 watt per 4x4 area but that's nit really taking into account a tent. They are taking more open spaces. I can ta quite a few people that will tell you heat is always a bigger issue then you think.

the.dude

the.dude

depends on time of year (ambient temps) but right now sitting at 24c and fans are 1/2 strength ... i have them hooked up to a grotek TV2 temp controller

can go up to 28c in summer but i do not have any AC and I have my room on the 2nd floor

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

depends on time of year (ambient temps) but right now sitting at 24c and fans are 1/2 strength ... i have them hooked up to a grotek TV2 temp controller

can go up to 28c in summer but i do not have any AC and I have my room on the 2nd floor
That's what 80-85 f?

the.dude

the.dude

i dunno man, I'm canadian, lol... use google like I do when needing stuff converted... like who uses tablespoons and shit .. whats a pint? lol... just playing. i know what it all means and I kinda like it... less scientifically correct than the metric system but it sounds cooler.

i say miles even though its km's here... miles sounds cooler. lol

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I like the metric system. Just not when I'm working on cars from the 80s, and it's a easy system other then the temp thing.

Top Bottom