Grow Tent

• Thread starter Junkbarman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junkbarman

Junkbarman

Banned
I just picked up a GrowBright Grow Tent, the "Mother Keep". It's a 51"x22"x4' tent that is perfect for some starters and like the name says for mothers.

It has 2 - 4" vent port and 4 - 6" vent port, as well as 3 vents at the bottom, that close with velcro. The frame was fairly easy to put together and I found the bottom fit nicely in place afterwards.

Overall I'm very pleased with this tent.

I do have one concern with it, it has a few light leaks. The stitching seems to be very solid, but in some parts it seems that it had to "stretch" to get over the frame and some stitching has left light holes..very small but still there.

Also, it seems that the velcro need to be put back "just" in place for it to seal up properly, and the zippers all have flaps that cover them up.

Anyone use this tent? or what did you do to solve a stitching light leak? Short of throwing a black tarp or panda film over the whole thing...

jagle

jagle

black ducktape might be easier to cover then sections that are leaking then covering the whole tent again in panda plastic.

sorry never used those tents, cant help ya

ExoticGenetix

ExoticGenetix

Tight Ass Farmer
I know what you mean about the light leaks. I have quite a few different typres of tents and they all do it, damn things. I ttry to just keep the lights off in the room the tent is located during their lights off photo period. My 2 cents!:pimp:

Junkbarman

Junkbarman

Banned
I thought of the duct tape thing, good idea for sure. I guess I just didn't want my tent looking like a taped together POS..but it seems to be the best suggestion so far.

@ExoticGenetix - I'm more worried about the light leaking into my flowering area. The rooms are connected and I haven't sealed off the flowering room because of heat and airflow concerns, it's just not in the cards at the moment.

I was just able to get a fan and filter to take care of odor, but haven't been able to get some sort of intake at the moment. Everything is still a work in progress, although things are looking good so far, just these to-do-list projects..

ExotixGenetix, what brand of tents do you use? Also, what is the largest tent you have used or are currently are using?

Latest posts

Top Bottom