grow tents

• Thread starter evu80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

do any of you guys happen to know any custom tent builders that can create one to my liking?

got a really tight spot i want to fit a tent in and my ceilings isnt high enough. Looking for a 4x8x5 tent, possibly 6ft high at the most. any tips is welcomed. thanks

S

Sasha

if you found a custom tent builder it would cost up the ass because profit is in mass production not one offs. your best bet is to build one your self with material from home depot like 1x3s and drywall or plastic rolls

dankworth

dankworth

I built a 3x4x6ft tall cabinet from 2x4s and osb board (cheap 5/8" laminate). I should have used 1x3s for framing, would have been sturdy enough with the osb boards strengthening the frame.
I had two doors on hinges. In the center of the opening I had a 2x4 upright from floor to ceiling. Then I put threaded bolts through the 2x4 from inside the cabinet, facing outwards. And then weatherstripped in the shape of 2 rectangles, so the 2 doors if pressed shut would be lightproof.
Then would shut the doors, 3 threaded bolts are still sticking out from in between the doors. Then I put a 2x4 with 3 holes drilled in it up to the bolts, slid the 2x4 onto the bolts, and then used washers and wingnuts to tighten the 2x4 against the 2 doors, squeezing them against the weatherstripping for scent and light concerns.
And had 2 rectangular holes cut in this cabinet, so I could attach lightproof boxes to attach ducting to for exhaust and intake.

I actually built this while I had a flowering area going. The cabinet had a shelf in it.
I ran the flowering room 24 hours a day.
And switched from the dark cabinet where they slept for 12 hours, to the flowering room.

It was a commitment, but it doubled my weight.
If anybody wants more weight enough to do it, it is the cheapest way I know of to double output. You just need extra medium, nutes, pay more electricity, buy the materials for the cabinet, buy tools if necessary.
Or you could just buy a tent too.
The more you build, the more cool custom stuff you get to have.
Especially if you have unusual space requirements.

I don't know how helpful any of this is, but it sure was fun to type it out.

Top Bottom