Grow4's First UC Run -12XL 8 gallon 7600k

• Thread starter GrowforGold
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Panacea

I would relocate your chiller OUTSIDE. It'll help big with heat.....Just my opinion. looks great. good luck with the grow...

B

BigJack

Wow gorgeous setup there, roots looking nice and healthy, everything is so organized!

G

GrowforGold

mix higher strength to your top off rez, and continue to top it off with higher ppm solution. lets see some pics.

Thanks for the help, I just mixed my nutes in the top off rez again and made them higher.

I would relocate your chiller OUTSIDE. It'll help big with heat.....Just my opinion. looks great. good luck with the grow...

My chiller barely runs so thats not causing heat problems, the problem was the way I had my hood and ducting lined up. Everything is running smooth now.

Wow gorgeous setup there, roots looking nice and healthy, everything is so organized!

Thanks for the shout out, roots are growing like crazy!

Today is day 14 of the flip and they are looking pretty good, the PPMs have been low so I raised them in my top off rez, hope that does the trick. These ladies want to eat but I dont want to push them too much. I wanna get the PPMs at 500 in the system. They are about a foot and half over the screen right now, the temps have been perfect since I repositioned the hoods. The Roots are growing like crazy. When I went into the room today I noticed the flow looked a little week so I cleaned the filter and found roots growing into the damn thing. Is this normal or should I try to trim some of the roots? Other then that I am going to raise the big bud a little bit seeing as I'm starting week 3. Theres a pic of how I repositioned the hoods in the line up.

Check out some pics;

Veg5 3

Veg5 5

Veg5 4

Veg5 1

Veg5 8

Veg5 6

Veg5 7

Veg5 2

Heres a shot of the roots, they are filling the 8 gallon bucket
Veg5 9

And here's the piece I pulled off the filter
Veg5 10

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Very nice work brah! You got them girls looking sexy... :makeup

C

crossouttheiis

Damn your grow is looking awesome girls are looking lovely

hiboy

hiboy

About your heat issues,Not sure what time your running your lights at in flower, I run mine from 6pm to 6am when its the coolest ... really keeps it cool compared to noon times on. Just a thought
hiboy
wanted to say good job for your first run fo sho

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

You might consider staggering your lamps so as only to run half of them but in an offset pattern (not flip flop)....this will reduce your heat load in the room and make for a more comfortable environment for your plants to bloom in.

this wouldn't be an option for most but you arguably have 2X the light that is appropriate for that 12XL 8 gallon system.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Great job bro, I'm limping along behind you but coming along. I need some air for my room also and I am not sure what I will do. The cheapest is a window air, than spot air and then there is a chiller. Here's the rub chillers are 50% more efficient than air conditioners but the chiller is more and you will need a rad and fan. From what I have read 13000 BTU + 1 Ton, You need 12000 BTU to manage 4 1000w in a warm climate 90's.

10000 btu air conditioner = 300$

10000 btu spot air = 500$

1 hp Chiller and fan/rad = 1300$ more advantages for the chiller but cost? Will save money on hydro won't need to run as much.

R

RMCG

Great job bro, I'm limping along behind you but coming along. I need some air for my room also and I am not sure what I will do. The cheapest is a window air, than spot air and then there is a chiller. Here's the rub chillers are 50% more efficient than air conditioners but the chiller is more and you will need a rad and fan. From what I have read 13000 BTU + 1 Ton, You need 12000 BTU to manage 4 1000w in a warm climate 90's.

1 hp Chiller and fan/rad = 1300$ more advantages for the chiller but cost? Will save money on hydro won't need to run as much.

I disagree that they are 50% 'more efficient'. And that does not mean you can undersize your chiller.

The statement is that water is 23x more efficient at pulling heat from the air vs air/air, but if you need 3T of cooling, you need 3T of cooling.

BTU = BTU.

You need to 'exchange' heat and your chiller needs to keep up by shedding that heat outside, just like A/C.

I would opt for 4k btu per 1k lighting, maybe even 5k/per for 90* ambient temps.

A 1HP (~12kbtu) chiller will run all the time trying to cool 4k of lights and won't be up to snuff if you want to cool your res, etc.

Benefits of a chiller include double duty cooling for your res(s), no need for an HVAC guy, etc. but if its running all the time, its going to cost the same as an A/C (if not more!) if you go head to head against a new high efficiency (18+SEER) minisplit.

G

GrowforGold

Very nice work brah! You got them girls looking sexy... :makeup

Thanks Shady, I'm pretty pumped up its the waiting game now.

Damn your grow is looking awesome girls are looking lovely

Its crazy how much they took off since the flip.

About your heat issues,Not sure what time your running your lights at in flower, I run mine from 6pm to 6am when its the coolest ... really keeps it cool compared to noon times on. Just a thought
hiboy
wanted to say good job for your first run fo sho

The lights run during the night when it's the coolest, Temps are in control ever since I repositioned the hoods.

You might consider staggering your lamps so as only to run half of them but in an offset pattern (not flip flop)....this will reduce your heat load in the room and make for a more comfortable environment for your plants to bloom in.

this wouldn't be an option for most but you arguably have 2X the light that is appropriate for that 12XL 8 gallon system.

Thanks UCMENOW, if I run into anymore trouble in a few weeks this is exactly what I will do, you read my mind. But I'm working on getting the air pump out of the room so I can run Co2 this will allow me to run at higher temps. Its an easy project I just need to stop procrastinating it will be worth it in the end.

Your cheapest way out is a window unit if you can get one setup in your room, I bought one portable on craigslist for half price and the second one I got was a Sunleaves from my hydro store but that ran me $550. My chiller is only a 1/4 hp and it barely runs, only on and off the last couple hours of the cycle that was $550 too. Dealing with heat is a pain in the ass when this run is over I am going to invest in a 3.5 ton that way I wont ever have to buy another one and heat will never be in my future. Thanks for stopping by again Woods.

Hey man looking great keep up the good work

Thanks for the kind words Sourkush.

Remember I said I had one plant that was smaller then the rest? Well I figured out why, the small plant is actually a Grape Krush, it's not a bad thing but the skunk look so much bigger and bushier. The third pic down in my update is the grape.

Big V

Big V

Beautiful room GrowForGold. You would cool your lights way more efficient if you had each light pulling cool air into it rather than trying to cool it by pulling the hot air from the first few lights over the rest of the lights. You can't cool hot lights with hot air so by the time the air goes across the first 2 lights its cooling efficiency is cut in half at least and you are still emitting the majority if your lights heat into the room. You could spend a few bucks rerouting your cool air inlets on your hoods and probably save hundreds on your power bill and give the a/c a break. just my .02 cents

G

GrowforGold

So just finishing up the 4th week and the buds are looking nice, tomorrow will be 28 days. The PPMs are around 6-700, i just eliminated the big bud and I will start the over drive next week.

Flower5th 3

Flower5th 2

Flower5th 4

Flower5th

Flower5th 5

Flower5th 1

Flower5th 7

hiboy

hiboy

Holy sea cucumberitis bat man... look at those serpents. Those arent cucumbers robin they are jolly green giant dicks.
and just starting the fifth
nice work
hiboy

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Consider some heavy defoliation to improve flower development IMO

K

kushedout

looking krazy. def, some defoliation, those things are just starting.
:pimp:

R

Randyb

Looks awesome, did you have any issues with using the hydroton and sucking up any small rocks with the pump. Can you take a pic of your light -hood layout as it's hard to tell how you have them placed over the pots. I have your same setup, we talked yesterday but I still have a few things to get for the chiller and maybe another light or two. Is your trellis 2x4's 16 footers chopped down a bit?
Your giving me hope for a better 2nd time around run after ditching the H&G line and all the extra add on's.
I may try to force those square cages over the buckets seeing there empty of plants for another 2 weeks or so. Many thanks. Keep the photo's coming.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Just found your thread and read through it. Nice run so far! Great work man !

I'm subbed

Top Bottom