growbox idea

• Thread starter lostandhopeless
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lostandhopeless

so i am semi limited on space and my best choice would probably be a growbox. here is what i can up with, its 4' by 5' and 6' tall. planning to but some heavy duty wheels on the bottom to make it movable. the 1 1/2 will probably have two level, one thats 3' for vegging plants and one thats just 1' for clones and only have 3 flowering plants in the larger area. any suggestions or ideas to add to it?
http://img150.invalid.com/img150/6738/minion.png

L

lostandhopeless

anybody think this would be a wise investment? it should work well considering i will put it in the large flowering area thats 4' by 3.5' any suggestions?

R

Rural_GrowOp

Should work just fine as long as you have decent air flow. What types of lights are you planning on running for veg and flower? Heat would probably be the only issue you would have but theres plenty of ways around that.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You'll need to make the base strong as shit, 5 foot is a pretty good span for plywood on rollers, you may need to put a set of rollers or two in the middle so it doesn't sag and screw up over time. Remember that it is a warm moist enviroment with the wieght of the pots sittin on top, so iot's goin to give a little no matter what.

I would run a 4ft. T5 with 4 bulbs on your veg side, you might even could get away with a two bulb setup.

I would run a 600w in the flower side and an air-cooled hood is probably the best way to go, batwings make it hard to capture the heat from the bulb and get it out of the space. I would run 4 plants in 3 gallon pots or 4 individual Waterfarms.

Air circulation and exhaust are critical so get a 400+cfm fan kickin to pull the heat out. I would get a small circulation fan in the veg, clone, and flower area.

12" for the clone section is goin to be tight, keep in mind the the light you mount in there will eat up a few inches of your verticle hieght as well as your pots, so 12" becomes 6" real quick and your screwed.

Check Woody's thread on the same, he did an excellent job puttin his together, it will answer alot of your questions

Tex

L

lostandhopeless

i think im growing to go with a 400 watt hps/mh air cooled hood and instead of 1' for the clones i can give them 1.5-2' which will leave 4-4.5' for the vegs. how much of a difference would a 600 watt hood make? because this is my first time growing and im not looking at getting the perfect setup........ yet, and i guess i will take ur word that i can run 4 flowering plants in there texas kid.

Top Bottom