Grower Jobs In Co

• Thread starter Minkus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nazarbattu

nazarbattu

Industry in America is a temporary illusion, especially an industry with potential. Worker Bees keep complaining and your DREAM JOBS will bee sent over seas and guess what goes with it, @ll the middle class jobs in management too. @texaskid , out of curiosity, how much will it take for you to send all of your warehouses over seas?, perhaps when the pee-on indespensable worker bees ask for full medical or perhaps when one gets his or her worker peers organized to demand an unfathomable raise?
Naz

P.s much respect TEX, your a thcfarmer Mogul member, so I hope you don't feel offended by my peon question($)

ubi

ubi

Basically housekeeping? I dont know of any housekeeper who grows A+ quaility. Also, Spotting problems before they happen, feeding, and daily maintenance is housekeeping. Come on. I'll keep living in that dream world. Self sustained and on my own.
Really? Fedex. They post all earnings reports. Also a profit loss statement. And yes there margins are only 7%. But there books are already open. its a publicly traded company.

As did you illustrate my point, as well.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Industry in America is a temporary illusion, especially an industry with potential. Worker Bees keep complaining and your DREAM JOBS will bee sent over seas and guess what goes with it, @ll the middle class jobs in management too. @texaskid , out of curiosity, how much will it take for you to send all of your warehouses over seas?, perhaps when the pee-on indespensable worker bees ask for full medical or perhaps when one gets his or her worker peers organized to demand an unfathomable raise?
Naz

P.s much respect TEX, your a thcfarmer Mogul member, so I hope you don't feel offended by my peon question($)
I hate to nit-pick, but there are always more 'pee-on undespensable worker bees' who won't ask for full medical benefits. Too many details to get into here, and I don't want to hijack the thread, but I don't think your statement is accurate.

I just wrote and deleted two paragraphs explaining health insurance in Colorado and how it affects businesses, but everyone is already required to carry health insurance. If you are talking about group benefits then you need to distinguish between the individual, small group and large group sectors, as each has it's own specific rules and regulations.

Are you inferring that low-wage earners in this industry are going to unionize? Your last sentence is confusing.

Z

Zolorp

I think what a lot of people on this thread forget to realize is that federal income tax on the business does not allow for ANY deductions. Legally, the grow operator must pay their employees, withhold federal income, FICA, and Medicare Taxes, pay the employer's half of the FICA and Medicare taxes, then is not allowed to write off any of that or any other operting expense such as rent, electrical, water, sewage and anything else you'd care to name as an operating expense because at the federal level Cannabis is still considered a Schedule 1 drug and under section 280E of the Internal Revenue Code no operating expense tied to the operation is deductible.

Don't blame the employers for lower wages in growing operations, blame the feds who refuse to allow legitimate deductions because they can't get their act straight on this harmless plant at the federal level.

S

SoiledMyself

Thanks for the responses , I'm currently bleeding horribly and trust me no one cares, land check, well water check, investors with money check, currently waiting on a response from a county commissioner as to the grey area that is the property I have regarding the counties very strict cultivation license regulations. In the meantime I have applied for a few jobs to help pay the bills while in license limbo, dishwashing and a liquor store counter position will be my summer activities :) Reading Hunter Thompson makes me feel more sane as no one is as crazy as that fucker

Minkus

Minkus

Basically housekeeping? I dont know of any housekeeper who grows A+ quaility. Also, Spotting problems before they happen, feeding, and daily maintenance is housekeeping. Come on. I'll keep living in that dream world. Self sustained and on my own.
Really? Fedex. They post all earnings reports. Also a profit loss statement. And yes there margins are only 7%. But there books are already open. its a publicly traded company.

As did you illustrate my point, as well.

Question: Do you manage/operate a commercial grow of thousands of square feet?

I'm only asking since most people seem to make a lot of comments on what it's like, but haven't ever set foot in one or realized all the issues that are a part of it.

ubi

ubi

yes. For lil over two years total between the two different op's. both were over 100k flowering each.
But i have moved on.
i wanted to spend time with my family instead of working all the time. and commuting.
im used to working hard. Spent 10years before that doing being a stagehand setting up huge producitons. So i know how to work hard and fast.
Now i've started my own farm/ranch.
Doing much better, mentally and fiscally.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Don't get me wrong, there are people in my ops that make real good money but we are talking about entry level here. If you are being hired into a warehouse grow you are being hired to listen, follow standard operating procedures, and clean..so yes, housekeeping..I know it stings to hear bet that the reality of the entry level position. Same with trimmers, your being hired to sit in one spot 8 hours a day and trim a plant as fast and at the highest level of quality for presentation to the customer base. I'm not hiring you to come in and change anything, bring cuts from home, re-invent any of our processes, listen to you rant about how you get 2+lbs a light in your basement of the best weed you have ever seen in your life, and how your the best grower that has ever put his hands in dirt. That is where the major disconnect comes between what you hired for and job your paid and what you think your doing and how much you should be paid. You will never convince me that someone that sits in a chair and trims all day with no other responsibility, no other job requirement what so ever is worth $35k-$40k a year, sorry, not going to happen..I run warehouses with 3 people per 10,000 sq.ft. and trust me those guys get paid well but alot of these places just keep adding people on top of people to get even the basic jobs done..I know a 40,000 sq.ft. spot right by one of mine that have 46 people working in there, hell if you paid them all like you want, that would almost $2million a year just in payroll..sorry but that formula just doesn't work on a 40,000 sq.ft. spot..your rapidly going out of business.

Anyways back to my original thought, people should adjust their expectations to more realistically reflect the job they are actually getting hired to do. Trust me if you are getting hired to run the show, it is a way different conversation and a completely different wage bracket and if you think that your getting hired to run the show for $12-$15 bucks an hour...your not..your just kidding yourself.

ubi

ubi

Ok, i agree, i have a been in a bad situation(s) then. The people above me, my so called COO of the comapany would come by and be wondering what to do. Because he had no idea. That is what is frustrating, working for a company that doesnt know anything about growing and looking for the Grower for all the answer's. And i agree about what i should have been responsible for should have been only housekeeping. For 15 an hour. But having to make all the feeding decisions , when to harvest what, what to grow, handling maintenance issues, vendor problems, all the computer tracking, telling the trimmers what to do, all the housekeeping with cleaning, ordering of supplies (not just grow supplies). Pretty much managing the whole show. For 15 an hour. is a joke.

muir

muir

imagine if your a motor head, work on that camaro all weekend, every weekend. Maybe have your Jap drift car. Done mods out the ass on it. Got that PanHead you built from the ground up, people love it and you've won every show you been to.

You still have no business working in the dealership. It's a different work environment.

I've grown 27 years and owned a MMC. I have no business in a commercial garden, that's why I hired a professional gardener with warehouse experience, regulatory experience and his own marketed nutrient line. My small scenario barely qualifies for the term "industry" and is in fact more of a large homegrow than what folks think of as commercial grow.

The ganja world has changed. get over it. bitch about it all you want, it aint changing back, the old days are gone. You call be as baller as youthink you are but facts are the facts. That's why I have abstained from participation in the "industry" except as an owner and it's only good fortune and positioning that allow me that participation.

muir

muir

Lol you're so smug.

In Michigan, 2 lbs per light x 4 lights is 8 lbs x 3,600 (still the going rate for top shelf) is 28,800 x 4 harvest per year is $115,200.

I'd take a basement Michigan grow over working for you or people like you any day of the week

You get it while you can. If you have any ability to be forward looking, you will see that that won't last long. When it ends, and it will end.........you'll be standing there with your dick in hand wondering what to do now.

F

FooDoo

You get it while you can. If you have any ability to be forward looking, you will see that that won't last long. When it ends, and it will end.........you'll be standing there with your dick in hand wondering what to do now.

There's also other possibilities..in California we're already voting to ban commercial growing.

Or if it goes legal on a federal level, Marlboro will crush the competition when it comes to commercial growing.

Bottom line is, I'd rather go get a burger from the small mom and pop place down the street than McDonalds, you commercial growers are no different than mcd's in that aspect

muir

muir

"you commercial growers" you have no idea about me and my scenario. I am mom and pop ganja personified in a sea of warehouses.

I live in a community that begs for $2000 a unit all day. People struggling to make their mortgage or loosing their rentals cause the owner cashed in and sold. If you were wise you'd double down and hang twice the lights you have cause shitz changing.

muir

muir

Many home grows in my area have more lights hanging than my licensed "facility" has. Read it how you want to, never the less....... I'd get busy hanging more lights if I were you cause you'll be gasping when sub 2k pricing comes to your town

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

wow this is almost as bad as the banter at practcalmachinist, almost

F

FooDoo

Many home grows in my area have more lights hanging than my licensed "facility" has. Read it how you want to, never the less....... I'd get busy hanging more lights if I were you cause you'll be gasping when sub 2k pricing comes to your town

Don't worry about me, unlike others, I.don't put all my eggs in one basket. I own two completely separate businesses on the side in two different states that have nothing to do with growing.

muir

muir

Don't worry about me, unlike others, I.don't put all my eggs in one basket. I own two completely separate businesses on the side in two different states that have nothing to do with growing.

believe me, I am not worried about you.

K

kolah

You may want to entertain the idea of becoming a CO Caregiver. Lots of threads here on the forum (and elsewhere) to give you the pros and cons.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Lol you're so smug.

In Michigan, 2 lbs per light x 4 lights is 8 lbs x 3,600 (still the going rate for top shelf) is 28,800 x 4 harvest per year is $115,200.

I'd take a basement Michigan grow over working for you or people like you any day of the week
I wish I was in the mitt! Just sold lb.s of 98 bubba and Chemdog #4 for 18 a piece. Really sucks that bubba is my easiest rooter lol.

Top Bottom