Grower Jobs In Co

• Thread starter Minkus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FooDoo

Yep thats goin rate. 18. ............. two if ya lucky.

That's a shame. But running 8 lights is no different than 4 lights, my other site is 8 lights with a double barrel 32 under current and its literally no harder to manage than the 4 light ucdb16 just needs extra hands to trim. Can still make 100k a year without having to work for some jerk with an ego bigger than his checkbook

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I'm calling bs on 3600 on mi...
Eh I actually know a guy good friend in Michigan who is still getting 32 per no problem for top quality. I remind him how lucky he is...:) Get it now guys pump that shit out and save. I did the opposite blew cash no it's a fight to stay above water lol

F

FooDoo

Eh I actually know a guy good friend in Michigan who is still getting 32 per no problem for top quality. I remind him how lucky he is...:) Get it now guys pump that shit out and save. I did the opposite blew cash no it's a fight to stay above water lol

I'm calling bs

You don't have friends lololol

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I totally agree..growing and selling weed illegally from your basement will and always will pay better than working in a regulated commercial production warehouse for someone else. I can easily do $125k + with 8k hanging in flower and not have to report to anybody or have any other responsibilities other than my own on my own time frame. Couple hours a day, at my own house, tax free money, trimming at my leisure, hanging out with my chick and my dogs, etc.. its impossible to beat..but your breaking the law, not paying taxes, and running the risk of going to jail for a long time and for some the rewards out way the risk and I'm not knocking anybody that does that at all...

But again that's not what we are talking about here. This was thread about coming out and getting a job in a commercial production warehouse facility not coming out and trying to get maximum cash reward for maximum risk and exposure. I can talk for weeks on that path as well. Sorry if I come off smug, but I have almost a decade now in the commercial production side of the regulated weed game and I've earned my jaded smug attitude. I've seen hundreds of cats come and go with all sorts of skills or lack there of. Alot of people try to carry over the at solo home illegal income potential to a tax paying regulated warehouse job and it just doesn't work that way. Hands down, if you want to get the most income from your growing efforts it is better to stay on the at home illegal "grey market" side of the game. A warehouse gig is not for you but if you want to make a legal wage, be apart of grows and teams that run things the size and scale you can only dream about, then a job in warehouse might be the right fit..Just have to adjust you expectations on your entry level income potential and not be bitter from day one.

Stalks

Stalks

I totally agree..growing and selling weed illegally from your basement will and always will pay better than working in a regulated commercial production warehouse for someone else. I can easily do $125k + with 8k hanging in flower and not have to report to anybody or have any other responsibilities other than my own on my own time frame. Couple hours a day, at my own house, tax free money, trimming at my leisure, hanging out with my chick and my dogs, etc.. its impossible to beat..but your breaking the law, not paying taxes, and running the risk of going to jail for a long time and for some the rewards out way the risk and I'm not knocking anybody that does that at all...

But again that's not what we are talking about here. This was thread about coming out and getting a job in a commercial production warehouse facility not coming out and trying to get maximum cash reward for maximum risk and exposure. I can talk for weeks on that path as well. Sorry if I come off smug, but I have almost a decade now in the commercial production side of the regulated weed game and I've earned my jaded smug attitude. I've seen hundreds of cats come and go with all sorts of skills or lack there of. Alot of people try to carry over the at solo home illegal income potential to a tax paying regulated warehouse job and it just doesn't work that way. Hands down, if you want to get the most income from your growing efforts it is better to stay on the at home illegal "grey market" side of the game. A warehouse gig is not for you but if you want to make a legal wage, be apart of grows and teams that run things the size and scale you can only dream about, then a job in warehouse might be the right fit..Just have to adjust you expectations on your entry level income potential and not be bitter from day one.
Sounds spot the fuck on

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I was talking about caregivers and dispensaries but thanks for the 500 word essay on why you think its ok to be a prick. You've earned it buddy

You are are contributing to derailing this thread. Please stop. The above reply was completely unnecessary and antagonistic. Go back and read the first post and if you don't have anything else constructive to add stay out of the thread.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Hey TK how are these businesses dealing with federal taxes and the fact that you technically are not allowed to write off any expenses like a normal business would? My guess is they aren't declaring all the cash but I may be wrong.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
208e does screw everyone on most deductions but there are still a few games you can play between the grow op and the dispensary as far as some cost of goods but for the most part you are paying taxes on your gross income. With all the state required tracking software plus the checks and balances in place its really really hard to tweak the sales/income numbers and not open yourself up to getting slammed by the regulatory guys and possibly loose your license. I do know some cats playing games with wholesale invoice amounts and doing some real shady shit but it's worth it for anybody in my group of folks

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

My people just got through a 280e audit. The smart ones aren't playing games, even with 280e people are making a good margin. Largest I've heard was 30%. From people doing it right, almost no debt, paying taxes and not dicking around with 280e games. I think most people are below 20%. And plenty don't have their heads above water with all the debt they took on. Short sighted folks, everyone's trying to get bought out by Philip Morris or some shit. Good luck...

420circuit

420circuit

For the OP, good advice is to get a trade skill as a fall back because it will likely be what pays your rent. Then, after you can afford to travel to look for a job, check out CO or WA, maybe a low wage position at a commercial grow is what will make you happy. I have seen quite a few people come to CO the last few years to make their fortune in cannabis and most are gone, but a few have stayed in the biz, making low wages but getting by. TK really covered the state of the industry well, i think the shine comes off the rose when you look closer. Working in the cannabis industry is just a job. I tip my hat the the people who open a canna-business, talk about entering the dragon, as soon as you put your name on those docs, you are a target for a bunch of overpaid government asshats who work to trip you up. Success is the best revenge. Good luck kid, get a skill, save some money and go for it!

Minkus

Minkus

For the OP, good advice is to get a trade skill as a fall back because it will likely be what pays your rent. Then, after you can afford to travel to look for a job, check out CO or WA, maybe a low wage position at a commercial grow is what will make you happy. I have seen quite a few people come to CO the last few years to make their fortune in cannabis and most are gone, but a few have stayed in the biz, making low wages but getting by. TK really covered the state of the industry well, i think the shine comes off the rose when you look closer. Working in the cannabis industry is just a job. I tip my hat the the people who open a canna-business, talk about entering the dragon, as soon as you put your name on those docs, you are a target for a bunch of overpaid government asshats who work to trip you up. Success is the best revenge. Good luck kid, get a skill, save some money and go for it!

Thanks man.

Making it in the industry is my goal here. In the Northeast it looks like there's a lot more opportunity as things gear up, and so the opportunities I've got here are what I juxtapose to what I'm trying to research in CO. I've seen enough guys from CO come out here and design -terrible- HVAC systems that are already giving them a ton of trouble and ruining harvests because their architects and engineers didn't design for the climate. There's guys who suck up to CO growers here, definitely, and having it on your resume can be a boost, but right now I might have a potential gig with a boss who sees through all the bullshit and just wants smart, quick-to-learn cats who can pick up anything and he can rely on.

Who knows what the future holds, but my plan is to try my hardest to make a living. Not get rich, certainly, but "making it" for me is making a living where I can support myself. I love growing, so if it wasn't cannabis it'd be lilies or tomatoes. But something about this plant and how it can help people and how people enjoy it makes me excited, and worth even low-paying warehouse work.

Potato Pipe

Potato Pipe

Production grows are looking for guys that can turn the crank, do exactly as they are told, not piss and moan how they are the best grower and would change this and that, show up to work on time, work all day, be extremely clean, not be high, not want smoke breaks every hour. Personally in my spots, if you smoke cigs your not even considered, dreads are deal breaker as well, if your late twice your out, and I usually want to see at least 2 years of commercial production grow experience, basement growing doesn't really count for anything. Production AG is a different animal all together
...I feel like being clean cut has been a bigger hindrance for me applying to do almost anything at all in the biz.

No beard: "Are you a cop?"
Beard: "Are you a firefighter?"

lololol

click80

click80

Remember that $15 and hour is over $30k a year...so sometimes I'm not really sure what alot of folks expect..I know college grads that can't find a job in their field making $30k a year and end up waiting tables, working construction, delivering pizza, or working in a grow op. etc...$30k a year to basically trim a plant and keep things clean, really..sounds like a dream to me..people should adjust their expectations to reflect the reality of what your actually getting paid to do...can someone actually rationalize to me why that is a slave wage or unreasonable? is it because you think someone at the top is getting rich or something? trust me the guy at the top with millions at risk hasn't even recouped his money and is fighting like hell to make the whole thing work out and keep churning just to keep his kids fed and his wife off his back.

The guys that are making the big bucks growing spend more time than you can imagine sitting in meetings with spreadsheets, in front of computers, justifying expenses to investors and owners, tweaking production flow and controls to maximize output and quality with greater efficiency and consistency. And one of the biggest issues jeopardizing all your efforts is getting people just to show up on time to work, show up every day, do their job, and not be getting high in the parking lot, snagging nugs while trimming, acting on there own behind your back because they know better or read something in high times, bitching about how they should be running the show and how they are the best grower ever and how if they where in charge they would change the game. I hear it every day from just about everyone who walks through the door.

Much respect Muir!! your a warrior in the game and you earned it my friend

Best comprehensive and realistic description Of owning and operating the dispensary but I have ever heard. Many people, even dispensary owners, cannot describe the system and the stress load.

Top Bottom