grower looking for help

• Thread starter irish red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

irish red

hello i am new to the site and have a question for u.i am about to buy a 150w DUAL SPEC RED and BLUE CFL GROW LIGHT KIT to grow 2 auto-flowering plants under. would like to know is this all the light/spectrum i would need. its just a small grow just for me

P

Purely Medical

Ive done grows where ive used around 150watts and had good succes. The only thing i can add to that is... The more you put in the more you will get out. Its as simple as that. As your girls grow keep adding lights i understand its not cheap, but they will reward you if you do.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

for people on a tight budget i always recommend looking into shop lights. you can get a 400 mh high bay light that you can rewire with a standard computer cord usually on craigslist for around $50. that's the best $50 you will ever spend in your room IMO. the 400 does not throw a lot of heat so running it in a 4 x 4 mother tent i've had no heat issues. i use one for my moms i have for a long time and I'm picking up another as a veg light soon.

i know it's not what ya asked but if you didn't know about this opportunity i figured id share this info. a 400w mh will do much more for you then 150w of cfl lights and not that much more expensive. hell i picked one of for $30 one time. here is an example

i have ran them with that hood and even taken that hood off and added a horizontal hood to them. there is only two wires so it's not hard to wire it up just make sure you secure the connections good and your set.

now that i found this ad i may pick up a 1k one instead lol.

420king-MASSES

i got this at home depot for 15 buks its a 300watt cfl i use for veg but you could use it for flowering if need be
natural_medicines_067.jpg

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

damn 420 that's a big ass cfl! i've never really got into those but i know they work well. between grow houses once i put a few over my aero cloner/ veg system and they worked well. i'm gonna grab another high bay light for now but in the future i'll upgrade it to a badboy 12 bulb for veg. much cheaper to run and they create great node spacing i'm told by very reliable sources.

420king-MASSES

ya maan thats my back up veg light inormally use t5s and ott lights but i figure why pay 30 buks for a 150cfl at hydro store when i can hit the depot
natural_medicines_0012.jpg

I

irish red

thanks for the info. i all so have a 400w sodium kit but thought it would be to hot a price to run most of the day. so i figered i would use 150wcfl blue for veg then the red for flowering and hit them with the 400w for maybe 2hours a day?.my grow space is 1.1m hight and 1.m with.Q:do i need to drop down to a 150w sodium couse of heat. will i tost them with the 400w? thanks alot for the feed back

M

mdTHC420

i got this at home depot for 15 buks its a 300watt cfl i use for veg but you could use it for flowering if need be
natural_medicines_067.jpg

im callin BS on that, i rigged a clone light with 2 55 (110 watts total) watt cfl i got off line cus no hydro store or home depot store carried the ones i needed. mine were about 5-6 inches long not including the base so either you have the best ever made or its much much much smaller than 300. even the 100+ watt ones the some hydro stores carry are huge, much larger than that one.

i would say that that's a 300 watt (if that) equivalant cfl, that is it throws as much as a 300 watt incandesent but only uses a fraction of that to power itself. go off the actual wattage of the bulb and not the incadesent equivalant, its entirely misleading

M

mdTHC420

also 8 bulb t5s are about equivalent to a 400 watt mh. how does one tiny bulb equate to 5-6 t5 light tubes?

Top Bottom