Growers choice ROI-e680

• Thread starter Ok.chz.cake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Growers choice ROI-e680? Thoughts?

• Total voters
Harvard

Harvard

Same but have 5 patients. I don't keep mothers. Clone the clones. As long as cloning regiment is dialed in it flows pretty smoothly
I’ve done it that way too. My best strain is a 10 week, and I prefer to veg only 8, the mothers let me wait two weeks. Back in the day I ran a 6 week strain and a sog set-up.

Oldman13

Oldman13

14in at highest point about 18in at lowest point, also first time using led so didn't want to tor h my crop
Yeah my apology at first glance I thought they were T5 light strips but after reading what you said I looked at them again and amazingly they don't look like T5 anymore I guess I just hit my head after all.. they just seem like they're too far for the plant everything I've read about penetration of the T5 is only about 2 feet into the canopy! I've been using T 5 is going on 8 years now and in the beginning wer pretty good size for fluorescent lighting and I really didn't care about the height of the plant and go to mine got to be anywhere from four to five feet except for ginger of course she kept trying to get to be 6 foot tall plant, the plant I called ginger is NL5H and in order try to prevent the buds on the lower portions of the plans from being too small I accommodated them list the brightest little LED lights I could get and developed a wiring system to open them up allowing more light in! Although I wasn't too worried about smaller buds too much because I just make hash out of them and through trial and error!... I wasn't sure how the wiring system was working so it was an on-and-off thing until I didn't use it enough times and due to my Harvest yield I realized I better use it all the time because it actually Works quite quite well but now I'm trying to get my plants into a 2-foot height level with side lighting due to the low penetration of the canopy with T5 fixtures Plus still use my wiring system. Anyway I know I'm blabbering on way too much now and I hope I didn't overstep into somebody else's thread if I did I apologize and my stupid smart phone is down to 10% have a nice evening

RigRoss

RigRoss

Thoughts? Complaints? Comparisons? Just curious how everyone else is doing with these first run with them day 18 a heavy swazz
The Growers Choice ROI-E680 fixtures have a known widespread issue of the drivers failing and turning on bars when they're supposed to be off. The company is well aware but hasn't sent out any notifications or recalls. This happens even with their branded digital controller. They don't care if your crop is severely damaged due to light pollution caused by their faulty drivers. They just released an "upgraded" ROI-E680S with drivers that supposedly work correctly it looks like they have less diodes though, so you'll be pushing them much harder to reach 680w. Also, they won't upgrade your old ROI-E680 fixture until you have photo or video proof of it failing. So pretty much you have to wait and catch it in action when these fixtures decide to wreck your medicine. Keep in mind they can turn on at ANY time throughout their off period. Tell your friends and family. Quality medicine is what we all strive for and this public service announcement is to continue this goal. I have many of these fixtures and feel betrayed by the company.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The Growers Choice ROI-E680 fixtures have a known widespread issue of the drivers failing and turning on bars when they're supposed to be off. The company is well aware but hasn't sent out any notifications or recalls. This happens even with their branded digital controller. They don't care if your crop is severely damaged due to light pollution caused by their faulty drivers. They just released an "upgraded" ROI-E680S with drivers that supposedly work correctly it looks like they have less diodes though, so you'll be pushing them much harder to reach 680w. Also, they won't upgrade your old ROI-E680 fixture until you have photo or video proof of it failing. So pretty much you have to wait and catch it in action when these fixtures decide to wreck your medicine. Keep in mind they can turn on at ANY time throughout their off period. Tell your friends and family. Quality medicine is what we all strive for and this public service announcement is to continue this goal. I have many of these fixtures and feel betrayed by the company.
Can you please provide links that document this issue. I've been using the E720 for better than 6 months without any issues. In fact, I like it so much that I've considered buying another one.

I don't use the grower's choice light controller. I'm using a digital timer and when its "off," no power can get to the drivers . I've heard whispers here and there of issues with the E680 but when pushed to provide facts, its usually "I know so and so who has had this issue" ... and not from someone that is actually running the light.

RigRoss

RigRoss

Can you please provide links that document this issue. I've been using the E720 for better than 6 months without any issues. In fact, I like it so much that I've considered buying another one.

I don't use the grower's choice light controller. I'm using a digital timer and when its "off," no power can get to the drivers . I've heard whispers here and there of issues with the E680 but when pushed to provide facts, its usually "I know so and so who has had this issue" ... and not from someone that is actually running the light.
I've been posting all over reddit and I've been having people comment and reach out directly that they're running into the same issue. I also have seen tests of the ROI-E420 losing about 50% of its light output after a year. I have 19 GrowersChoice fixtures, E680 and E720. I wasn't a hater until they did me dirty. Then upon further review and reaching out it's very obvious the issue. But it's also only happening to people using digital controllers, which I do because I want the sun rise and sun down feature. All in all when you run a companies complete system it should work front to back. But instead they're trying to sweep this issue under the rug and I won't let that happen.

Screenshot 20211024 103423 Reddit
RigRoss

RigRoss

Here are the results of the third party testing that were paid for by Luxx Lighting. I'm not affiliated with Luxx and I don't own any of their lights. My other fixtures besides Growers Choice are Mammoth and ChilLed

Screenshot 20211031 073718 Drive
Screenshot 20211031 073622 Drive
Screenshot 20211031 073650 Drive
Screenshot 20211031 073750 Drive
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've been posting all over reddit and I've been having people comment and reach out directly that they're running into the same issue. I also have seen tests of the ROI-E420 losing about 50% of its light output after a year. I have 19 GrowersChoice fixtures, E680 and E720. I wasn't a hater until they did me dirty. Then upon further review and reaching out it's very obvious the issue. But it's also only happening to people using digital controllers, which I do because I want the sun rise and sun down feature. All in all when you run a companies complete system it should work front to back. But instead they're trying to sweep this issue under the rug and I won't let that happen.
Yes, I've heard of this Grower's Choice controller issue. I didn't see enough of a benefit to spend $300+ more for one light. In your situation, running a large scale grow, the controller makes much more sense. I'd also want it to work flawlessly as advertised after such a large investment. However, this is an issue related directly to the controller and not the light itself.

RigRoss

RigRoss

Yes, I've heard of this Grower's Choice controller issue. I didn't see enough of a benefit to spend $300+ more for one light. In your situation, running a large scale grow, the controller makes much more sense. I'd also want it to work flawlessly as advertised after such a large investment. However, this is an issue related directly to the controller and not the light itself.
It's also happened to people that are running third party digital controllers. It's the drivers failing to turn off when they're supposed to. When I was on the phone with their reps trying to get this issue resolved they were admitting this is an issue with the first generation of 680s but insisted they need video or photo proof of it happening. Even though when I got my first one warrantied they did it without any proof. It's 100% the drivers.

Top Bottom