Growin' at 10,000 Feet I got Questions!!!!

• Thread starter Cheeseus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cheeseus

Just moved here from the West Coast, got a couple of questions i would like help answered. I been setting up my new room here but cant seem to be able to seal any room in the house so that i can run CO2. What affect is there if i just run my room with just straight negative pressure room. I am able to run lots of air flow if need be. Is it still worth it or should i be looking for a spot that i can seal and run CO2 or does it really matter at this altitude? If this altitude does matter what should i expect, loose buds, low yield ect?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I grew at 9200ft for awhile and its business as usual, you should check your ambiant co2 levels first to see if it is worth the expense and hassle.

Humidity, humidity, humidity is your biggest issue, it is dry as shit out here and especially up in the hills, 10-15% relative humidity is not uncommon out here.

Tex

C

Cheeseus

Hey Tex thanks for the 411. That changes the whole ball game. So let the games begin? I can handle the humidifying thing. Back to Hydro?

G

gettogro

Im at 10,050 ft. I run sealed rooms and have been doing well with low plant counts and trees.

2_5_lb.jpg

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I grew on tables and in 15 gal soil pots, both with killer results...ya still are goin to need a dedicated humidifier in the mix......I covered one of my dirt floors with coco and would wet the floors in my veg area to keep it up a little.

Tex

C

Cheeseus

So if i run my exhaust on one side and the humidifiers on the other i can just run it 24/7 and I should be all good?

C

Cheeseus

If it was really necessarily i was maybe going to buy a tent and run co2 but i prefer to grow trees! But with the whole plant count thing it seems rough!

M

mikado

once the snow comes the humidity goes up into the 40s here at 9400ft. Just make sure you get a generator for when the power goes out..we vent our lights to the top story of the house where we live and didnt need to burn wood or turn on a heater all winter.

Welcome to CO! ITS GREAT OUT HERE!

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Its nice growing up there, longer winter season, low humidity, less bugs can breed as well up there, free CO2 and air condition most of the year, too!

C

Cheeseus

Can you guys recommend a Humidifier? Never used one before.

PS....Thanks for the HELP!:pimp:

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Can you guys recommend a Humidifier? Never used one before.

PS....Thanks for the HELP!:pimp:

I've been growing at over 9,000 ft for years, there are some "ISSUES" but no problems a creative person can't solve.

I used Swamp Coolers for a long time, the portables they sell at Home Depot, with the wheels, hooked to a 55 gal drum as a gravity feed.....

but recently I switched to these, they are small, and easily put "out of the way" those swamp coolers take up way to much space..... these things freaking jam out the humidity, they'll fill a room with fog, so you need a humidistat to control it..... I am using a Sentinel EVC-2.

Humidifier

Enviro Control w/ Humidistat (and a bunch of other things!)

You will have to pre-order that at a grow store, be sure to ask for a discount.....

C

Cheeseus

I've been growing at over 9,000 ft for years, there are some "ISSUES" but no problems a creative person can't solve.

I used Swamp Coolers for a long time, the portables they sell at Home Depot, with the wheels, hooked to a 55 gal drum as a gravity feed.....

but recently I switched to these, they are small, and easily put "out of the way" those swamp coolers take up way to much space..... these things freaking jam out the humidity, they'll fill a room with fog, so you need a humidistat to control it..... I am using a Sentinel EVC-2.

Humidifier

Enviro Control w/ Humidistat (and a bunch of other things!)

You will have to pre-order that at a grow store, be sure to ask for a discount.....

WOW thats the amount i used to try to take out of the AIR. Good looking out. Who needs a Dehumutifier i got plenty!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I've got one of these in every room, all are setup with the internal bladders removed and a float valve on them that feeds off my r/o reservoirs to keep a constant water level in the unit.

Got a few swamp coolers this size as well in a few rooms

Tex

Eaed1c52 a3cc 4295 8c8b 27437dc24888 300
6c372eec dbfd 49e3 bee6 6ca399755c57 300
D

DoobyScoo

once the snow comes the humidity goes up into the 40s here at 9400ft.

????
Spalin yerself nuckka!

That is mathematically impossible!

It ain't the snow.
Maybe your waterheater or furnace, but not the "Champagne".

I am not going to get into a dissertation about 'crystal cell structure'.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Even if it were 40% thats way to low....

Tex

M

mikado

for growing trees...yes WAY to low but its better than the goddamn 20% im dealing with now! lol :sign0065:

all i know is when its wet with snow outside its 40-50..from november thru march. Maybe its the 10k of lights melting snow off my roof?? Dont know, never thought about it really. Its just what is...

M

mikado

and dont buy that POS $89 one at homedepot...even when you put the goddamn meter on the top of it the bastard still only reads 50%...

D

DoobyScoo

f
all i know is when its wet with snow outside its 40-50..from november thru march.

Does anyone else find this post about our weather funny?

It ain't fucking Florida!

Pure Gold:
Growin' at 10,000 Feet... 09-26-2011 07:45 AM mikado if you believe the bible ive got a bridge ill sell ya! lmfao...idiot

Latest posts

Top Bottom