Growin' at 10,000 Feet I got Questions!!!!

• Thread starter Cheeseus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mikado

40-50% humidity, not degrees. Remember we were talking about humidity?

sounds like youre too stoned to be on the computer! lol

M

mikado

There ya go dookiescoo.....more snow on the ground, more humidity. Not my water heater, its 3 stories down in the crawl space. Dont have a furnace...

"That is mathematically impossible" that snow melting causes a increase in RH? lmfao...you dont need to "get into a dissertation about 'crystal cell structure'" just need some common sense...the kind Jebus gave ya! lol

M

maestro

^^^ GeT UM! :mad0233: lmao potheads is getting meaner maybe its some global warmin shit n we're all gonna go fruit fucking loops when the last polar bear croaks. Hmmn my medz still seem to be workin for me just fine. I only hear the nice voices usually. Just to be safe I'm uping my dosage for preventions sake immediately. Meet all at noon behind the gym see who can piss furthest. Respect n rejoyce at how different n opinionated all us stoned monkies be. Get along lil doggies!

Yippie Ki Yi Yo! :banana1sv6:

M

maestro

Seriously though, inside,my nfts are so active n drains fall far more than once n I blow the fuck out my reservoirs with a lil'compresser.....even exhausting almost 24/7 into my sewage vents via lil 2" minicans I never got skinny leaf/low humidity issues I live in the dirty dirty dusty dry Colorado too not like you Breckie rich boy mofos! Plus shit its super dry outside in i blow up fucking monsters every year...dryer the easier I say wtf happens here huh.....shit? ckeck out humidity in say Afghanistan or hindukush region in india.........damn dry.....ever wonder why ya fightin mold? lol fine for sats but indis like it dry imo.......those humidity meters all lie kids throw them out watch your plants n get ya an old school barometric guage.....

D

DoobyScoo

There ya go dookiescoo.....more snow on the ground, more humidity. Not my water heater, its 3 stories down in the crawl space. Dont have a furnace...

"That is mathematically impossible" that snow melting causes a increase in RH? lmfao...you dont need to "get into a dissertation about 'crystal cell structure'" just need some common sense...the kind Jebus gave ya! lol

So why are you having humidity problems in an "arid" environment,
Donkey?

Snow melting doesn't cause the change in RH to your grow room! Leakage does!

It is a rare day in Colorado when the RH hits above 40.

:!:/
(that is me giving you the finger Fucktard!)

D

DoobyScoo

This is HighLarryAus!

Growin' at 10,000 Feet... 09-26-2011 07:45 AM mikado if you believe the bible ive got a bridge ill sell ya! lmfao...idiot

That's gotta be one helluva bridge you're selling!

D

DoobyScoo

FTW why does it snow not rain in winter in Colorado???

Does RH have anything to do with that?

Hint: Temp is not the answer.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Yes, come February and the following SPRING season, at least down on the plains, the outdoor RH% will rise as the snow melts, this is obvious. 40-50% RH is still relatively low, considering that Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and the ENTIRE east coast and Great Lakes area usually hang around 60-90% RH. But up in the mountains, its gets pretty fucking cold, and when it is below freezing, it is impossible for humidity to remain in the air, it all gets stuck to shit. The same is even true in the dead of winter in Michigan or somewhere that IS actually humid. Up at 10,000 feet, the snow isn't really melting until May-June, and even then, all that water is flowing downhill AWAY from you, and there is so much fucking wind, that it blows away any slight build up of humidity. You may be confused, but Colorado is split in half....plains and mountains, with plenty of microclimates in between. Read a book or something....

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I would just do whatever to get your rooms up in the upper 60's as far as humidity goes wheather its snowin, rainin, or a friggin tornado who cares.

Outside relative humidity has alot to do with your growroom especially if you bring in outside air for cooling and air turnover reasons, sealed rooms maybe but intake/outake rooms it is a big factor.

Tex

C

Cheeseus

I would just do whatever to get your rooms up in the upper 60's as far as humidity goes wheather its snowin, rainin, or a friggin tornado who cares.

Outside relative humidity has alot to do with your growroom especially if you bring in outside air for cooling and air turnover reasons, sealed rooms maybe but intake/outake rooms it is a big factor.

Tex

I hear ya Tex, i just got some bad info at the shop about the co2 issue. Yesterday i was told the co2 level where im @ was 100ppm which freaked me out. My moniter was saying 500 , so i figured me meater just needed to be recabed after the move. Went to the shop today the owners were there checked my ppm meter against there fresh meter and all in good im my hood. ROCK ON!!! As you said. I can deal with humidity CO2 on the other hand is a different ball game!

D

DoobyScoo

But up in the mountains, its gets pretty fucking cold, and when it is below freezing, it is impossible for humidity to remain in the air, it all gets stuck to shit.

Thanx hommie!

And, TK, you nailed it!
What you are neeing is a "lung room". Or 'lung floor'.

Then you problems solved.

If you have a problem with 'humidity' in Colorado then you have a bigger problem than the ambient RH.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Lots of things to consider here.

Tex Kid is right about low humidity. Right up there is the fact that high altitude and low humidity means that temperature swings will be MUCH wilder then anything you've experienced before.

I think that to combat this, instead of blasting fresh all the time- you'll overstress your girls due to excessively dry conditions- you need to find a way to seal the room as well as you possibly can, run CO2 (the ambient levels aren't any different up high than anywere else, besides next to a freeway), and run an environmental controller to keep up with temps and humidity.

On the plus side, venting the lights and pushing that air thru the rest of your house is a way to cut heating costs. Also, if you're in a rural area, you're likely to be on propane heat. This is a godsend, because propane burns clean to CO2 and water vapor, exactly what you want to add to a growroom! Use a CO (carbom monoxide) monitor if you do this in a house where you sleep, but vent your furnace outlet into your grow to pump up CO2 levels. DO NOT do this with gasoline, diesel or natural gas, or you'll wake up dead!

Another bonus about high altitude growing is low temperatures. My clients in the Nederaldn area only had a few 80+ degree days to contend with all summer.

And then there's the scenery... Yeah, the mountains too, but all the rasta/dreadlocked/natural high hotties who show up to help you trim your buds? Tasty!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The other big problem I had was power...power goes off all the time up the hills, major pain in the ass....

Water as well, my water came off of a small mountian reservoir and alot of the times it would just be empty, no water at all, I would ask my neighbors and they would say pray for rain....gotta be flexible up about 8000ft.

Tex

Top Bottom