Growing 2 Strains Side By Side Okay?

• Thread starter TheGardener_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheGardener_

I have 4 plants in a GT205 Nft System, 2 are NYP Diesel & the other 2 are Raspberry Cough. I was wondering whether it is ok for these 2 strains to be sat together next to eachother without the root system doing any damage? Also when it comes to flowering will there be any difficulties with the buds being different strains, will it affect taste or smell?

:fighting0003:

E

E.T.

as long as the two can play nicely, you'll be fine.
lots of peeps grow multiple strains at the same time...only issues are flowering times, stretch, food strength, etc.
if you're new at the game, stick to one or two varieties that are similar in growth and finish time. get to know the plants that you grow...
KEEP IT SIMPLE and good luck

T

TheGardener_

Thanks! They are in a nft system so the roots are all exposed to eachother, will that be ok?

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

I think you'll be fine, the biggest challenges imo are height/stretch/nutes. I just flipped the switch on a 707 Kush w/ 5 Odyssey OG's in a 4x4 tray scrogged this round, and I'm still not confident my scrog can tame the 707's growth. Her stem size is 3 times bigger than the rest of the plants with the same amount of veg time. She don't want to play nice, she already took up like 1/4-1/3 my trellis. She wants everything for herself lol

Root rot/slime would be worse in your situation with the roots, but slime/root rot are bad in general in any recirculating hydro cause you can lose multiple plants.

T

TheGardener_

How do I upload pics of my grow so u can help me more??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom