Growing 4 Auto Strains

• Thread starter Afghi420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Afghi420

Afghi420

Hey there people. I just set up a grow in a 8x8 grow tent. Im using 2 600 watt HPS Eye hortilux's. Using 3 gallon pots with a soilless mix, added perlite, couple handfuls of sheep shit, cup of worm castings composted and a cup or so of dolomite lime. Im currently growing about 6 Pandora's, 5 Snowstorm, 1 Critical Jack and 1 Auto AK. They are all just starting to put out some decent buds now. I am using only Earth Juice grow and bloom original formulas. I might get some kind of myco fungi product and maybe add some superthrive soon. So far the plants are staying green and healthy though, this is why i used Earth Juice, used it in the past with nothing but healthy plants, so i figured i would give it another try. Only problem i am currently having is my newer growth seems to be very very narrow. Will start putting up some pics.

Reactions: SaH
Afghi420

Afghi420

The Critical Jack is from Dinafem. It is the biggest plant over all the others. It is stretched a little, but should still give me a decent yield, the plant is probably close to 3 feet tall, not too bad for an auto. The snowstorm is suppose to be the auto version of the classic california orange bud, from what i jhear the orange bud was awesome, hope this snowstorm has held on to alot of the orange bud traits.

sox

sox

the orange bud is awesome, my old neighbor has the cut.
He did a few Xs with it as well.

Personaly i stay away from the Autos, but thats sweeeet that you get good results!

Afghi420

Afghi420

the orange bud is awesome, my old neighbor has the cut.
He did a few Xs with it as well.

Personaly i stay away from the Autos, but thats sweeeet that you get good results!

Well to be honest, i think i will use this grow to be my final judge on auto's. I've tried 4 or 5 so far, nothing i have seen has impressed me at all yet, but after growing 4 seperate strains this time i will probably settle on an opinion. After this grow though i will be going photoperiod, thinking of going with Sensi Skunk. I would prefer to find a strain i love and stick with it for a couple years maybe. Get to know one strain very well, eventually i could play around with different nutes, and growing mediums and stuff like that, once i know the strain and what it normally does quite well it would be nice to try different things, see what works and what doesn't. I think i would definitely like to go organic eventually, im big on smell's and tastes, so..

Afghi420

Afghi420

Ok, lets see if i can get a few pics up here. These things grow noticeably bigger every 2 days.
DSCN0604
DSCN0572

DSCN0564
DSCN0564

occluded

occluded

They look good dude. I like how ample the room in your grow area is too.

Afghi420

Afghi420

Well i gave them all a nice shot of bat guano 2 days ago, along with some super thrive, and while i was at it i figured another shot of worm castings couldn't hurt, anyway nothing bag reported after giving them all of this stuff. I have tried just giving them straight water for the past 3 waterings to try and see if the tips would green up a bit, they did seem to get a little healthier looking after a few straight waterings.. I have enough worm castings and sheep shit in my medium i think to still give them enough of what they need.. Im really starting to like these earth worm castings, seem to work very nicely. A few of my Pandora's are a little slower then the other strains, but they are coming along nice now. Looks like i may have 2 pheno's of the pandora.. some are still only about 50-55 centimeters tall, and a few that were 50 just recently jumped from 50 to 75 centimeters in just a few short days. The snowstorms are all around 55-60 centimeters and the Ak is around 55. The critical Jack is exactly 3 feet tall now and full of buds.. They are just starting to pack on some crystal and stickyness now. It's going to be sooo nice to have some free buds to smoke again, going to save me lots of money. I pray som e of these strains end up being something special.

Afghi420

Afghi420

I turned the lights out for a few minutes to try and get some better pictures, the buds are really starting to pile up on some of these plants, i think atleast some of them are going to have a pretty nice sized cola. The crystal production is starting now and some nice stickyness as well. They are starting to produce indevidual aroma's too. I can't wait to sample each one of these strains.

DSCN0625
DSCN0627
DSCN0635

Afghi420

Afghi420

Well i started to flush my snowstorm, Ak and Critical Jack yesterday. The hairs are changing rather quickly now, and i checked with a scope and have a fair amount of cloudy trichs, hopefully i can get atleast a week in for a flush, ive been using fairly mild nutes anyhow so hopefully the smoke will be smooth, i will push the flush as far as i can, try to get a good 10 days in if i can. Im nicely surprised by how some of these strains have turned out. Looks like i have 2 pheno's of the snowstorm, one being a bit slower then the other, similar smerll though i believe. The 2 snowstorms that are farther ahead are smelling amazing, and just a mass of stickyness and resin. The AK seems to be sensitive or something, had a lot of crispy leaves on the plant, regardless the buds have formed beautifully, seem to have a fruity kind of smell and also loaded with resin. The Critical Jack has very dense nuggets, spread out quite a bit on the plant, but the buds are big and very hard. Im not getting any smell at all from the CJ right now, see what happens once it's bagged up i guess, hope the high is good atleast. The Pandora seem slower, only about 5 % of the hairs have turned color and still doesnt have much for resin production. The plant's are loadin g up quite nicely though, looks like 2 different pheno's of the pandora as well, one being shorted, maybe 60 cm, the other's being maybe 90 cm or so and loaded with bud. No real smell off the Pandora's yet either. Will do a final report once they are bagged up, see what the smoke is like, smells and yield. Im quite excited about trying this snowstorm,she is smelling sweet and sticky as hell.

Reactions: SaH
neverbreak

neverbreak

cool bro, sounds good.

curious why you went with autos?

neverbreak

Afghi420

Afghi420

Well i have cut down all of these plants, and after a short period of depression i will now do my final post. Everyone of these plants ended up with seeds. I got away with 3 plants that hadn't yet seeded as they were taken a little earlier, they were finished though, having a large percentage of milky trichs.. The 3 i saved were the Ak, the Critical Jack and one of my Snowstorms. First off, the Ak.. while it did seem to have a problem keeping leaves on it, it still finished with a fairly strong fruity kind of smell. The high is quite enjoyable, since my leaves were fucked up i know the buds didnt fill out nearly as much as they could have, and im sure the potentcy isnt as good as it can be, yet with that said, i still get a very nice high and one thing i really like is it actually lasts for awhile. After 2 hours i still had no need to smoke anymore and still had a strong high happening, something i very much appreciate in a strain, as having a high tolerance to pot in general i find with a lot of strains after an hour im just not high anymore. Moving on to the Critical Jack, this plant grew the tallest, about 3 feet. Had the thickest orange hairs i have ever seen, thick as a pencil lead and distinctive orange colors. Had problems with leaves on this plant as well, the buds aren't all that special, very mild smell and taste, sort of a mild taste of oranges.. Not very impressed, but once again with the problems i had this this plants im sure it isnt near as good as it probably can be. Now the snowstorm... I had such high hopes for this plant, as it had some amazing smells happening. Two distinct pheno's. One being shorter and more of a dense central cola, with a christmas tree look and super hard nuggs.. The smell on the shorter pheno was candy sweet with an odd funk in the backround, almost an afghi or skunk kind of funk you can sort of smell in the backround. The other pheno grew taller with lopts of branches, had one plants almost reach 3 feet. The smell on this pheno was amazing, it had the funk for sure. Each plants varied slightly in the funk, the tallest plant had the funk so deep it almost smelled of keroseen.. The one snowstorm i saved with no seeds was the shorter pheno, although i did keep one seeded plant, the tallest funkiest smelling one, had the odd seed in the bud but i had to keep some anyway, even though i hate having seeds in my buds.. The rest of the plants i chooped and gave to someone to make hash with, and split whatever we get from it. The un-seeded short pheno of snowstorm i have had jarred up for a couple weeks now and it smells very nice in the jar, the buds are very crystal coated and hard as rocks. The Ak also smells very nice in the jar, and for being fucked up somewhat it still gave off some pretty powerful daytime smoke that lasts for a couple hours atleast. The Pandora were still a little ways away from being finished, but were full of seeds already so i just chopped em. Looked to have 2 pheno's as well, one of them being some of the most redhair covered weed ive ever seen in my life. pretty cool looking stuff, sadly i never got to smoke any, maybe ill try some of the stuff i gave to my friend to make hash with, it should be all dried now and some of it was almost finished, so maybe ill grab a couple of those buds just to try it... Anyway, i have read that auto's are quite sensative, so im guessing some of the minor stresses i may have given my plants caused them to hermi.. Anyway, i grabbed 4 clones from a friend, 2 lemon skunk and 2 black domina, i stuck them outside on my patio about a week ago, ive seen the lemon skunk grown twice now and it is a fairly pleasant high thats long lasting with a very nice and strong lemon smell, and the domina, well ive heard good things about it and am dying to finally see it grown.. Anyways i would say my final judgement on auto's is that i will probably not be growing them again for awhile... I will say that the snowstorm and Ak were both worth growing if you have a good setup with zero stresses... Anyways, i might start a new diary with me new outside grow i got going now, just started taking some pics to document the growth of the new stuff... btw.. i put 3 auto's outdoors a couple months ago, they were sicklu stunted things i didnt want to bother using in my room.. 2 of them didnt go into bud as they were left in small cups way too long, one of them did go into bud, but put out some mutated looking bud that doesnt even look like marijuana, yet it has crystals on it and smells like pot.. ;) One thing i notice though, these 3 plants have been outdoors for 2 months now, i havenmt watered them once or done a thing to take care of them, yet as far as health goes, they are doing fine. Leaves are lush green and plants are doing fine, all i did was dig small holes, throw a little of my indoor medium into the holes with my usual mix and thats it, just left them alone and they are still green and healthy. Something to be said for the great outdoors...

Top Bottom