Growing and Renting

• Thread starter virgil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

virgil

fractal, you are cracking me up too. i love your no nonsense attitude. when the revolution comes, I definitely want you in my army.

the next worst thing after prison is working. I've had too many horrible jobs to count.

purpleberry

purpleberry

I have this problem right now, getting kicked out in 60 days, I think I may have a place lined up where the landlord doesnt care about medical grows, of course i wont tell him, but I dont have to worry at all.
There lots of ways to hide your grow. If your plants are short get some boxes and tape them up, Rent a uhaul and load the back up, or get a RV/small trailer and do it in that, ect. Just be ready to clean up with 24 hour notice.
Put a alarm on the house so the landlord dont think about sneakin in, Put a lock on the room.
Meet the landlord before you rent and judge them, I alomost rented a house because the manager was hella cool, The owner showed up when i was looking a second time, and he was a asshole big time, I could tell he would flip his lid and he didnt like me. lol
Dont rent a really house, they are more likly to want to come see how it looks. If it needs a little work when you move in they will be affraid to come look, they might have to start fixing stuff. lol

D

DrDanko

Virgil: Was gonna give you advice on my previous adventures, but it sounds like you're specifically looking at a house or condo, and not an apartment, correct? I remember watching a documentary on Arcata, CA(name of show escapes me, but Meredith Viera, of all people, did the voice-over. How funny!). Anyway, they had all these landlords complaining about how growers have completely wrecked their homes. Water damage, mold, flooring damaged and walls with holes cut in them to feed wiring and exhaust. I could go on, but you get the idea. My advice...treat it like it's your own. Take the extra precautions if you aren't 100% sure(like float valves on reservoirs. Flooding sucks!). Meeting the landlord is a must. I had a house that I thought was perfect, had everything I needed and then some. And then I met the landload. In a manner of seconds I knew this WAS NOT the house for me. You just have to use your instincts. And I guess the other question I have is...how big are you looking to go? I would suggest keeping it reasonable. I saw you mention you've had shitty jobs in past, so I'm guessing growing is your new job. Growing and not working sounds like the dream most of us here chase, but having at least a part-time job is highly recommended. Helps keep the IRS at bay, makes you look more legitimate. I used to bartend on the side, worked out well. So if you're gonna go big, don't go over-board. Good luck and be safe. DrD.

fractal

fractal

i was in arcata doing my thing when the shit hit the fan, the fans fell over and started a fire and next thing you know 'damage to grow houses' was front page news. This was around october 2007.

The bastard's name was CODY NEHRING. He is the one that stupidly caused a fire in a rented house, near a stack of 20 Cases of butane. It was pretty bad and for some reason this incident caused everything to become completely fucked overnight.

I swear this is the truth, that bastard still has not been dealt with.

B

_BIG_YIELDS_

b carefull theres alots scams out there now they said on the news there gettn 7 fake rentals a week just in sacramento, i never go threw rental companys because they all have a once a year inspection, that means you have 2 grow around there inspection, also if there inspection is in febuary and you move in and set up in december your screwed, i rent from private partys i change all the locks put up beware of dog signs and i pay all bill and rent on time, if they ask 2 come over i make up a good reason why they cant!!!!!

hubcap

hubcap

most people go out and buy metal doors and do NOTHING to the frame around it.
;)

doesnt matter if the door is titanium. if the frame, also, isnt reinforced, its a waste of time and money.

in other words...

unless you can also beef up the frame, its a waste of time.

-cap

nuttso

nuttso

hi,

first of all good thread virgil.

I used to collect alot of info about this. Don't think it might help you, because this kind of things roll a bit different here in eu, but i can still give you some good advices. Infact the most important thing to do is paying your bills on time. Before u rent something make sure that there's nothing left to be finished in the house. For example a new bathroom or whatever. Ask if there are any plans on fixing or installing something new. Try to avoid private landlords. Only if u wan't to buy.

hubcap

hubcap

thx hubcap... i understand perfectly what u mean. i install doors for a living.... thing i wanna know is. how would i reinforce a preexisting door

man, without ripping out the whole frame and replacing it with something more to your liking......
im clueless. you'd know more than me, 'specially since its your gig.....

first thing off the top of my dome....
reinforcer bars sticking out of the floor? and along the side of the door with the knob?
(seems to be where they hit most.)
wont strengthen the frame itself, but itll make that door a bitch to fully knock out.

;)

ive always been partial to finished porches.
makes em hafta go thru TWO doors to waste more our our tax dollar supplied resources.
and this way no one can watch what youre doing to the 'inner' door.
sure they kick in the screen and get on the porch.

THEN WHAT?

LOL

Top Bottom