Growing At High Temperatures

• Thread starter jayson76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jayson76

I have a problem at my residence with having enough amperage. So, I rock half of my bloom at night and half at day. Also, I don't have any a/c just yet. I'm keeping my room between 90-100 F with wind circulation and co2. Anyone else dealing with the same issues and having to grow at high temperatures? What helps? What hurts?

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

If you absolutely have to grow in those conditions and cannot get an A/C unit in there.... then I would at the Very Least try and keep water temps down to 70* f ....otherwise you'll have problems in the root zone.

90-100* f is way too high my man...... try and at least get it down to 85* f and they'll be ok

J

jayson76

If you absolutely have to grow in those conditions and cannot get an A/C unit in there.... then I would at the Very Least try and keep water temps down to 70* f ....otherwise you'll have problems in the root zone.

90-100* f is way too high my man...... try and at least get it down to 85* f and they'll be ok
It's kind of funny cuz my Dad says back in the early 90's they weren't using a/c either. They were rocking 95f all day. Lots of clean up between crops though. He said they utilized air circulation and co2 to fend off the mold etc.

THCdurk

THCdurk

I have high temp and the problem I encounter the most is airy buds my yield be gettin fucked up cause of it. Get more fans and leave the tent open or door get fresh air in there. Or your ginna see airy buds and burnt tops. Still have bud, but not as much bro. My temp be like 75-90 rn cause I haven't put the ac in

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

If you're financially unable to make improvements to lower your temp than try increasing your rh to something that coincides with your average canopy temp according to a vpd chart. Just be careful running high (>60% rh) late in flower because ime without ample air circulation you're asking for trouble.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Good luck, my 1st sealed co2 run was an epic fluffy bud fail. About 3 lbs of garbage utterly shit weed. 75.00 oz all day. Even with co2, you need to have temps in check. Imo, your setup, I wouldn't bother growing until.my out get your enviroment in check. Why waste time, money, and alot of aggravation come harvest time.

william76

william76

There's a product called vitalink chill, that helps the plants thrive in hot temps (30 c and over),was used in greenhouses in hot countries,if u can't adjust ur temps this is the next best thing,I use it and it's good!there's another similar product that does the same but can't remember the name.76

4bbl formby

i cant find that vitalink chill. can anyone tell me where i can get that? i live in Alabama and we have terribly hot summers. my indoor grow is to hot even with my 5,000 btu A/C . i supplement with lots of CO2 but its still to hot. im currently getting ready to put in an inline exhaust fan to get my grow room temps down. if anyone can tell me where to get that vitalink stuff i would appreciate it. thanks

Misshroom

Misshroom

i cant find that vitalink chill. can anyone tell me where i can get that? i live in Alabama and we have terribly hot summers. my indoor grow is to hot even with my 5,000 btu A/C . i supplement with lots of CO2 but its still to hot. im currently getting ready to put in an inline exhaust fan to get my grow room temps down. if anyone can tell me where to get that vitalink stuff i would appreciate it. thanks

I just search for vitalink chill in google and found it. No problem finding it:)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is do some research on strains and use strains that have origins from areas in the world that have similar conditions. Not sure if you are in a dry heat or a place with high humidity. You can try talk to breeders that have worked lines that are heat tolerant if you know any reputable breeders you can converse with.

keiksweat

keiksweat

There's a product called vitalink chill, that helps the plants thrive in hot temps (30 c and over),was used in greenhouses in hot countries,if u can't adjust ur temps this is the next best thing,I use it and it's good!there's another similar product that does the same but can't remember the name.76
liquid ice,by esopincs.think that's the company.liquid in a bag,bottle thing.good stuff,my temps at this month is 85-90'...quite regular.more oscillating fans,under canopy fan helped me.also,cut pot covers out of panda film.bounce that light up away from root zone.hope this helps,even late..

Top Bottom