Growing autos. LR2, LLAK47, LRmixed

• Thread starter bonbonbondia
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bonbonbondia

This will be a diary of my current autoflowering grow.

Soil grow in "hempy-style" buckets: (1.2gallon)
2:1 soil to perlite mix with 1tsp of garden lime.
Bottom 1" is all perlite for the water reservoir.

Lights currently:
4x26w6500k (104w) + 2x42w2700k (82w) + 150whps = 336w/3sqft == 112w/sqft
I had them under 24/0 lighting for the first two weeks, but have now switched them to 20/4 and will keep this for the rest of the grow.

Currently have growing:
2 LR2 fem
1 LLAK47
2 LR mixed pack

Current status: 2 LR2 fem + 1LLAK47 are 2 weeks from seed. 2 LRmixed pack are 1 week from seed.

Notes: I got the femmed LR2 seeds because my first attempt at LR2 I bought 10 seeds and got ALL males. Talk about a waste of time and money.

I was disappointed with the LLAK47 seeds. Of the 10 I purchased only 5 germed using the standard paper towel method and only 1 of the 5 that germed were viable. The other four seemed to germ backwards or something: the root did not come out first or it was the root and the root was black tipped? Either way, the 4 with the black tipped whatever refused to grow -- they simply popped open, then did nothing.

Pics in next posts:

B

bonbonbondia

LowRider mixed pack. 1 wk from seed in only soil.
They were transplanted into the bigger buckets last night, but I haven't taken a new pic yet.

Lrmixed2
B

bonbonbondia

The first pic is the LowLife AK47,
The 2nd two are of the two LR2 fems.
All plants are 2 weeks from seed.

The larger LR2 plant has some discoloration, but I think that was because it was directly under the new HPS. I moved it to the side a bit and the green is returning.

Llak47
Lr2fema1
Lr2femb1
B

bonbonbondia

It's been 5 days since the last pics.

Pic 1: LR2 Fem "A" 2.5 weeks from seed
Pic 2: LR2 Fem "B" 2.5 weeks from seed
Pic 3: LLAK47 2.5 weeks from seed
Pic 4: LR mixed pack seeds. They were transplanted 2 days ago and are starting to take off. 1.5 weeks from seed

These things sure do grow quickly.

Lr2fema2
Lr2femb2
Llak472
LrMixed
T

Tolpan

Looks fine! Never grown autoflowering stuff in the last years. I think 15 years ago I had some Ruderalis from Sensi, but I didn't like it.

Good luck with your grow.

Tolpan

B

bonbonbondia

The LLAK47 and the 2 LR2 Fems are all showing preflowers now at just over 3 weeks from seed.

The 2 LR mixed pack plants are starting to expand, but still a bit behind the others in growth.

In order: LLAK47, LR2Fem "A", LR2Fem "B"
LRmixed pack.

The LLAK47 does not seem as eager to branch as the LR2 and the leaves are more rounded and fatter.

Hoping one of the LRmixed pack plants turns male so I can play some pollination games.

Llak47
Lr2FemA
Lr2FemB
LrMixeda
LrMixedb
B

bonbonbondia

4weeks in. I got a bit busy/sloppy and nute burned the 4-weekers a little bit. I flushed them and they are looking decent enough again. But add to it that the heat from new HPS light threw off my watering schedule a bit and they got a bit dehydrated. Alls well considering.

Both of the LRmixed pack plants have gone male. Which is good because I want to make some seeds. Now the question is, is there a way to speed them up so I can pollinate one of the females in time? It seems to me that with the shortened lifetime of the autos there is a small window of opportunity to make seeds? Just guessing as I have never pollinated an auto before. Just used auto pollen on a non-auto plant.

First pic is the 4week olds. (All females)
The LLAK47 in the middle and the 2 LR2s on the left and right.

Second pic is the 3week olds (All males)
The are from a mixed pack, so which strain is unsure, they are looking different however. The next question on pollination is which male auto to use? The taller less branchy one or the bushier one? Any suggestions? Obviously I'm going to grow them both out more before I decide. I may even use both just to ensure a good seed run.

IMG 1860
Lrmixed1
D

drfarm

Hey Bon, they look good man. Dont quit this one, Im hanging to watch the finish. Looking great so far. Are these joint doctors?

B

bonbonbondia

All of them except the AK47 which is in the middle of the 2nd to last pic. That is the "LowLife AK47" which I believe is stable auto cross of the joint doctors LR and AK47.

D

drfarm

Hey bonbon, How are they doing these 2 weeks later? Good luch and a safe happy new year

N

northernbudz

hmmm

hey cool grow dude! hmmm when it comes to gettin seeds from autos, i think its a good idea to wait until there are lots of buds of the females, that way you can get more seeds overall. one way to do this is to collect the male pollen and freeze it until the females have more buds = more seeds. i fertilized a LL auto ak in early flowering and it never grew to be more than a foot tall.

budboy299

budboy299

only problem I can think of with waiting for the buds to get bigger on the gals is that by the time they do...there isn't that much time for the seeds to ripen.
I would rather have 1/4 of the seeds but them all ripe than to have thousands of unripe seeds.
Damn plants are a bit of a contradiction!

P

phoenix

i dont know about the aklow but lr2 is an ibl,if u want to make seeds u might be best using two females and two males because the genes have been funneled down to the point they are which are fine for now but if u makes seeds a couple of generations down the line u could suffer from depression so if u use 2 exapmles of each parent or 1 female and 2 males u will have more selection and choice,not to mention health and viability for future generations.

if u hit em at 5wks old,they will be a couple of weeks into flower and then u would only need to extend the flower period by 1 week from 9 to 10.Or you could let them get a little bigger,say 3 weeks into flower but then they would be 6wks old and you would need to wait ~11wks for the beans to be ripe.

LR2 are so small that you can actually guess the amount of beans u will have if you count the pistills and divide by 2.From sparsely pollinating 3 females in 4" pots which were only bout 8 inches tall i got over 300 useable beans.

B

bonbonbondia

Hey bonbon, How are they doing these 2 weeks later? Good luch and a safe happy new year

Unfortunately, not so good. I had to go out of town and get delayed 1 day longer than I expected. I thought I had the watering thing taken care of but I failed. :fubar

I lost one of the females and the male. Dried crispy when I rushed in to check on them. :(

I think 2 of the females 1 AK47 and 1LR2 are gonna make it, I had to do a quite a trim job to get rid of the dead dried crispy leaves.

Looks Like I need to start some more. But I have an idea for a better setup for me that I am going to build first.

IMG 1922
IMG 1919
B

bonbonbondia

I never finished this grow :(
I ended up having to go back out of town for a few months for work and had to close all my grows down. Been almost 8 months since I had anything going. :( Helluva dry period and all my old stashes are gone now. But will getting started again soon enough. :)

L

Lost

Keep at it!!

New grow log soon? I really wanna see these autos go!

B

bonbonbondia

Keep at it!!
New grow log soon? I really wanna see these autos go!
Indeed. I dont' know if I'll do any autos, I'll have to check the freezer, but I think this was the last of my full-autos. I do know however have a lot of euforiaxLR2 seeds, so I'll probably give those a try.

Top Bottom