Growing Autos Outdoor This Year

• Thread starter High4TheSunrise
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
High4TheSunrise

High4TheSunrise

As the title says, I plan on growing some autos outdoors this year, cause growing indoors is not an option for me and I get a fair amount of light pollution from neighbors. Autos it is!

Here is my plan:
I'm gonna be using 5 gal mesh pots and FFOF/HF soil mix. I will also be using Dr.Earth's organics, home grown, premium gold and flower girl, once the nutes in my soil runs out. I plan on using tap water (that I let sit out or 24h uncovered) with a ph of roughly 7.5, I plan on using natural ph down crystals to get the ph closer to 6.4. However, I read that salt and calcium build up could be an issue? I also read that issues can happen with organic nutrients and the minerals in tap water causing lock out?

I don't want to stunt or kill my autos during their already short life cycle. Any advice or tips for me? Think I will be fine using my city tap water?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

As the title says, I plan on growing some autos outdoors this year, cause growing indoors is not an option for me and I get a fair amount of light pollution from neighbors. Autos it is!

Here is my plan:
I'm gonna be using 5 gal mesh pots and FFOF/HF soil mix. I will also be using Dr.Earth's organics, home grown, premium gold and flower girl, once the nutes in my soil runs out. I plan on using tap water (that I let sit out or 24h uncovered) with a ph of roughly 7.5, I plan on using natural ph down crystals to get the ph closer to 6.4. However, I read that salt and calcium build up could be an issue? I also read that issues can happen with organic nutrients and the minerals in tap water causing lock out?

I don't want to stunt or kill my autos during their already short life cycle. Any advice or tips for me? Think I will be fine using my city tap water?
No need to ph your water if using ffof or ffhf, they both have ph buffers in the soil. My ph is almost 8 and i dont touch it.
Most likely the soil you're going to use has enough nutrients to get you through veg with autos, and youll only need to add a little nitrogen for the first 3 weeks of flower, then just feed flower nutrients.

I used the dr earth homegrown 4-6-3 all the way from start to finish last summer and it worked great. Ill be using dr earth again outside this summer and im running homegrown or flower girl start to finish.

I use chlorinated tap water, i dont bubble it, let it sit, or ph it and it works just fine. When i was phing and bubbling my water i had more issues than i could keep track of.

High4TheSunrise

High4TheSunrise

No need to ph your water if using ffof or ffhf, they both have ph buffers in the soil. My ph is almost 8 and i dont touch it.
Most likely the soil you're going to use has enough nutrients to get you through veg with autos, and youll only need to add a little nitrogen for the first 3 weeks of flower, then just feed flower nutrients.

I used the dr earth homegrown 4-6-3 all the way from start to finish last summer and it worked great. Ill be using dr earth again outside this summer and im running homegrown or flower girl start to finish.

I use chlorinated tap water, i dont bubble it, let it sit, or ph it and it works just fine. When i was phing and bubbling my water i had more issues than i could keep track of.
Thank you for your reply. Super interesting.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I would plant directly in the 5 gallon pots, water very lightly the first couple times so you dont flood the seedling and kill it before it establishes a good root system.

Let them run their course for 4 to 5 weeks then topdress the homegrown 4-6-3, then at week 4ish of flower, topdress with the flower girl and water to harvest. Possibly giving another half dose topdress of flower girl at about week 7 of flower.

High4TheSunrise

High4TheSunrise

I would plant directly in the 5 gallon pots, water very lightly the first couple times so you dont flood the seedling and kill it before it establishes a good root system.

Let them run their course for 4 to 5 weeks then topdress the homegrown 4-6-3, then at week 4ish of flower, topdress with the flower girl and water to harvest. Possibly giving another half dose topdress of flower girl at about week 7 of flower.
So, when I start using homegrown 4-6-3 is that topdressing every week? Or do you mean topdress it once and then wait until roughly week 4ish to topdress Flower Girl?

I'm only growing three autos in 5 gallon mesh pots and I'm wondering if 1lb dr.earth homegrown/flower girl bags will be enough?

Latest posts

Top Bottom