Growing Dinafem Autos! Overfed And/or Deficiency?

• Thread starter Quite Static
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quite Static

Quite Static

Hello people this is my first post, I just switched from another forum cause this looks like a much cosier place to be around:)

First real attempt to grow although I've done tons of reading and I've been around friend's successful grows learning a few things. Nevertheless I'm still a newb...

So strains are Dinafem autoflowers: og kush, original amnesia, blue cheese (freebee) and cheese xxl (freebee) about 35 days old some are still preflower and others have advanced a bit more with the amnesias being the shortest and bushiest, the xxl being the stretchiest outwards and the og kush being the tallest. Blue cheese seems to be average height.

Soil: Canna Terra Pro plus
Light: Mh 600w later Sylvannia 600 w hps GroXpress
+125mm Cooltube (I kinda had to cause of high temps...)
Max temp around 87-88f / 31-32c
+Diamond mylar everywhere
Vent: 250 cfm VK inline fan
Nutes: Biocanna vega, Rhizotonic and seeweed extract.Later bio flores and bactobloom
Pots : 11ltr -3 gal

PH mostly at 7 with temps lately being a bit higher due to heatwave.

Still using Vega (will switch after flush to flores and bactobloom once)

Growing dinafem autos overfed andor deficiency

So my current problem now is I think I have overfed judging from the nitrogen toxicity I've managed to achieve :p
Growing dinafem autos overfed andor deficiency 2

But still the first fan leaves and a few over that are getting yellow.

Growing dinafem autos overfed andor deficiency 3

The other plant is a different kind of yellow and I was thinking maybe because of the watered soil touching the leaf or is it the same as the above?
Growing dinafem autos overfed andor deficiency 4

So basically my question to you more experienced people is :
Is that nute burn or a deficiency or both? I was thinking cal mag most of all...

Anyway I have flushed a bit although I'm doing it organically, and when I'm finished with that I'll switch to using the biocanna flores

Any help greatly appreciated folks
:)

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Always feed only once a week, if she needs water one other time through the week feed her just water. Its good to flush your soil by watering twice as much as usual and watering twice as often for one week to wash the excess salts off of the roots when you think you have overfed and also for the last two weeks before harvest. If you flush in early flower make sure to let the soil dry good after to prevent root rot.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Don't worry about it too much, I had nute burn much worse than that and the plant still did amazing. Yours actually doesn't look that bad.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
You have slight N toxicity and those lower leaves yellowing and dying off is completely normal. I wouldn't be too concerned with flushing just yet since you're organic. Kind of unnecessary. Also, you will be able to drop the rhizotonic once flower sets in, no need at that point. Looking good so far!

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I'm currently using that media. Iv had nothing but probs with lock out. My leaves looked the same as yours so I thought hmm gotta be a Def or a lock out. Long story short I chased my ass for weeks trying to run down the prob. Turns out my ph has been too high. That soil is ph 6.0. Mine were kept at 6.8. Iv dropped my oh to 6.0 now and they are really recovering now. It's my first grow so no way am I trying to advise u...just thought I'd let you know what happened with my grow in that media.

Quite Static

Quite Static

Thanks very much for the input guys. Well appreciated.

The yellowing on lower leaves has become worse but not tragic. a few fans are completely yellow-brown.

I know its normally natural to loose a few but couldn't that be too early since its only week 5?

also, do dark green leaves get lighter green when N balance is fixed after some time or do I have to watch new growth for improvement?

if I didn't have an N toxicity on upper leaves I'd swear its a N deficiency on the lower ones lol.

I got a cal/mag in case I need it but I noticed it has about 9% Nitrogen in it so I'll probably return it..

I'll try to post new pics soon
Cheers guys!

Top Bottom