• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Screenshot 20200108 134437 Chrome
Screenshot 20200108 134514 Chrome

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

how many of those do you think I’d need to heat a 4x4x6? The natural temps in the room the tent is in at night are between 45-55 degrees. And it doesn’t heat up much during the day right now either. So without a heat source it would be about that in the tent as well.

thinking about it..those lamps would be used as more of a direct heat source rather than a space heat..? So the lamps would be closer to the plants keeping them warm up close rather than the whole room?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

how many of those do you think I’d need to heat a 4x4x6? The natural temps in the room the tent is in at night are between 45-55 degrees. And it doesn’t heat up much during the day right now either. So without a heat source it would be about that in the tent as well.
If it gets that cold you might want to get higher wattage bulbs. but you'll also need a higher wattage base

Two 75 watters (total 150w) raise my temperature in a 5×5' between 4 and 6 degrees in a room that gets as low as 66°, which is adequate for my environment, hope that helps?

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

If it gets that cold you might want to get higher wattage bulbs. but you'll also need a higher wattage base

Two 75 watters (total 150w) raise my temperature in a 5×5' between 4 and 6 degrees in a room that gets as low as 66°, which is adequate for my environment, hope that helps?

oh yeah I appreciate it a lot! I really like the idea incorporating these into my garden and will have some on the way soon as I can. Thank you.

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

alright more changes yesterday.
I got a 6” fan in the small tent, I had it off for a few days just to save a bit of energy...buuuut my humidifier was creating a little pool of water on the floor and one of the plants was sponging up that water! It wasn’t ph’d and the pot got way heavier than it’s gotten from me doing the watering. So I put the fan in to help dry her out. She looks okay this morning but for sure still heavy 😑
I also transplanted the two remaining auto flowers i have into smaller containers. Instead of being in the 3gal smart pots I put one in the same container as the other three plants and put the other in a small solo cup.
when I took them out of their pots I was really careful and was looking out for the tap root not to harm it...but wait..what tap root?? These autos are over a week old..I stopped counting so exact just because they aren’t doing anything! But yeah a good amount over a week old and neither had a taproot over an inch long. In fact I didn’t see any roots from either one when transplanting. Idk what’s going on with them. I heard the first week or two for autos is slow paced but this is like...no paced.. anyways, they are in smaller containers and I hope that helps the grow a little better

3A22BD19 CE50 481A A79A DAA2B085F7F8

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

something most definitely is going on with these ladies.
ive looked at a lot of cannabis leaf diagnosis sheets and read up on deficiencies and burns..
so what I’m thinking is this:
-put autoflowers in the tent and lowered the light too quickly..pretty much just dropped them from like..24 inches to 12-14? This created some light burns on some leaves.
- I thought maybe it was deficiencies, since I amended my coco”lightly”.
- In general the vpd was fluctuating the past week.
- I wasnt using correct pH, I was getting my water to 6-6.2 pH. but the pen isn’t correct. (I got a new one). but maybe this was causing an uptake issue and I may have too much nitrogen and maybe boron or cal/mag deficiencies?
- I began watering a little more 300-400 ml based on the plants size and growth rate, up until this time. But with all these other things going on it seems like they aren’t drinking as much so now appear to be a bit over watered! 🤯

**so I appear to be working with some light damaged over watered Nute burned deficient plants? **

the new growth is coming in but a bit bronz-ish? And a little narrow and edgy looking And twisted, or contorted... Slightly droopy.
the next set of leaves down have some burnt tips, while having a dark green color to rest of the leaf. Also slightly droopy looking. They haven’t really been flat propped up leaves for a few days.
same story for the older fan leaves but there Is more yellowing into the leaf, between the veins. And the droopiest of all.
only some tips are starting to get to that crispy fried point.

last Night i up potted from whatever size they were in..idk like 1/4-1/2 gal pots to 2.25gal pots. They were all ready enough to go to the next size and I think giving them the space and the “cooler“ coco ( I didn’t amend with anything, just straight coco) will give them a chance to restart a little? I’ll feed them again once I see they need food because I know right now they are full! So for me this was a way of getting everything where I know what’s going on a bit more, I know they are fed, I know they will be a little more dry now going into the new coco, I know they have space to grow. Just trying to eliminate variables and gain control over this situation.

also through the divine grace of the ganja goddess, I got everything back in my 4x4 Tent in a more managed temperature space, I got some non light emitting heat lamps coming today just to give a little heat boost through these colder months. And this morning all the plants look a bit more perky. We’re on the up and up growmies, always growin never slowin.
here’s some pics of the plants in their darkest toughest moments. Would love to get some feedback on this.
one love.
peace.

837100E2 23E5 4A31 B519 8CD1CE3F2DC9
6BDE8148 1818 4DF9 9301 21B50F3CF7AF
A71365BC B3BC 4CFC A0F3 50D1F64F8E00
D73556EB 9AB1 400D B537 6FF278E0F6CB
9E577AA0 28C3 4409 A862 D658607AF762

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

The plants are looking better everyday, I think I have reversed whatever was going on. I got some cal/mag on the way just to have on deck, being that coco grows often experience deficiencies in that area. I’ll probably use 1/8-1/4 recommended dosage on them when it comes time.
temps have stabilized with the non light emitting ceramic reptile bulbs 👍 thank you @Beachwalker
also did some topping lower node clean up and LST past couple days.

48AABABA 622F 4AE5 9FB4 937FFD5698DB
BE828D9F D360 4876 9268 358AEEE78082
C33B5F69 1C77 4F81 A53F F384A6A825BF

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The plants are looking better everyday, I think I have reversed whatever was going on. I got some cal/mag on the way just to have on deck, being that coco grows often experience deficiencies in that area. I’ll probably use 1/8-1/4 recommended dosage on them when it comes time.
temps have stabilized with the non light emitting ceramic reptile bulbs 👍 thank you @Beachwalker
also did some topping lower node clean up and LST past couple days.

View attachment 929977View attachment 929978View attachment 929979
Hey glad it worked out for you! I kind of lost track of this thread but when I get a minute I'm going to read through and see if I can maybe spot something else that might help!?

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

Hey glad it worked out for you! I kind of lost track of this thread but when I get a minute I'm going to read through and see if I can maybe spot something else that might help!?

oh yes my friend please do, I’m here to learn!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

oh yes my friend please do, I’m here to learn!
Well I just looked and not much I can tell you since you used to work in a commercial grow, I only have a couple tents in one room so I don't know what I can add? plus I try to stay away from Coco grows (not a big fan of the coco) but I will say that I agree with deadstill that you need to recheck to see if that's mites going on or not? Any specific questions just ask & I'll stay in your thread watching, good luck!

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

Day 35/36 in veg.
planted in lightly amended coco/perlite.
amended with bio live and dr earth all purpose.
i top dressed the coco once, around day 25.
have been watering with 6.1-6.2 pH.
just began supplementing cal/mag two days ago.
watering till 10-15% runoff Since supplementing, I only watered till runoff once as a sort of “flush” a day after I up potted before cal/mag.
today I watered with 800ml each with cal/mag in 5.9 pH water...the run off was a bit smelly? First time it’s had an odor.
plants look happy, my only concern at the moment is that the new growth looks a bit dull..not as vibrant bright green as I’d like to see.
old leaves show burned tips and what I believe to be nitrogen toxicity.
but yeah... I’m wondering about runoff odor as well as these dull new leaves...???
*i have a ppm meter on the way should be here tomorrow, so..I haven’t checked ppm at all yet.*

CE5FC9F8 D665 4008 81A0 DBADFE008336

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

Also, on average my RH is 65-75% and my temps are 70-80F...these Numbers stay pretty consistent Day and night.

im Not sure how I’ll go about feeding my plants from here on out...I know I need to check ppm’s first and foremost...but my plan was to go with the dry organic fertilizers from Dr earth for the entire grow.. but things didnt Go quite as planned...now I’m wondering if I should just grab some bottled nutes...seems like it may be easier and I’d have more control over the coco vs top dressing and waiting for the slow release...
any suggestions would be dooooope. 🤙

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

Shouts out to this plant for making a nearly full recovery.
after a transplant, some low key “flushes”, a touch of cal/mag and raising the light..shes perky and the new growth is a beautiful vibrant green! So thankful.
(I edited the picture in attempt to show the truest colors)

37/38 days Veg
2152CAB3 7183 4DC5 9F42 F9D32105C6F9

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

1st runoff test was done tonight
i havent watered the plants in 40+ hours, the last watering was with 1ml of cal/mag in a gal of 5.9 pH water.
the ppm of the water tonight was 180, just 5.9 ph’d spring water.

plant #1 1.5 gal pot about 20% runoff, ppm @ 303, pH @ 7.58 🤔
plant #2 2.25 gal pot 30% runoff, ppm @ 450, pH @ 6.57
plant #3 2.25 gal pot 25% runoff, ppm @ 365, pH @ 6.36

the runoff was a pinkish color as well.
not sure what my next move is...I think I’m going to make a thread about this one.

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

6ish weeks into veg.
overall health is looking good and getting better.
i feel there is a slight lag to the growth, but it could also be me just watching the plants too often...I need to go like three days without looking at them 😝 it’s hard though, I love my plants.

i did my first slurry test the other night.
pH of the coco was 7.8+
ppms were 275.
im not totally sure what this means yet, I feel like the pH is a bit high. The water I use is naturally @ 8.1+ and I use quite a bit of pH down to get it to 5.9

I see roots coming out the drainage holes on all my plants, woooot! 🙃

im pretty much down to 1 plant that I have concerns about:
D07052EE 212F 47AB 9F8D D7CF9441C139
8A86E96A 46E3 4E89 9CE5 18B16587D8F2

I just do to ow what this splotchy discolored areas are, i think it looks like sunburned skin..so maybe it’s light damage.. over the past week I have been raising the lights here and there. The light is 30+ inches above canopy now.

temps stay in the 70’s
RH stays in the 60’s

i wanted to feed my plants soon, but without giving them anymore N, it seems like there is still enough in the coco. So I’m trying to give them more potash right now? Bigger more robust growth? Quicker growth? Idk for sure, just experimenting

I got This stuff on the way:
DBF7B520 A39F 4114 9453 D58234F6087D

we shall see!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm not a Coco grow a but I think your pH is high, I don't know for sure but that might account for those splotches on those leaves? What strain is that

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

Bag seeds.. could be aaaanything 😅 even male...let’s not go there.
they look luscious though so I think they are ladies.

yeah that 7.8 slurry test makes me think there’s gotta be some type of uptake issue or metabolic something or other going on...right? Haha.
I was looking over the ferts that I originally amended with and they were:
5-4-2 - DTE bio live
4-6-5 DR Earth all purpose
2-9-6? DRE flower girl

i put in small amounts of each, esp the flower girl. I know now i should of just did a light amount of all purpose and been done with it..

so since It’s all slow release feed The plants are dealing with being over fed slowly through time..which makes the diagnosis hard to read..

I want to flush the coco real good...but now I fear killing the biology and it getting all rotten in the coco and that f’in up their roots.. just my thoughts. Any one else’s are appreciated. Thanks @Beachwalker for checkin in and offering your knowledge 👊🏼

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

Day 56 😅 quite the long veg. (I used a date to date calculator, so this is their real age)
the plants are looking happy. I’ve been driving myself a bit nutso thinking about these plants and trying to diagnose everything I see happening to them.
to keep it simple; I feel they basically have indigestion.
they got over fed way early and have been trying to metabolize the nutes in the coco but it’s been sloooow.
they‘re hungry...but not hungry 🤨
I think about what if I felt like that, what would I do?
fasting always helps encourage healing and detoxing.
liquids...
green juices..

so I haven’t been feeding them..just letting them use what’s there. I water close to every two or three days...coco hasnt dried out yet...always staying somewhat moist.
I keep having this thought to give the aloe vera. I just have this feeling that giving them aloe will help move nutes and help the plants feel juicy and want to eat more?
im going to order some aloe Vera powder soon.
in the meantime I have an aloe plant, so I cut one of the leaves and scrapped the gel into some water, blended it up with some un sulphured molasses and fed that to the Plants a couple days ago...
i think they liked it...they definitely don’t look any worse. And always looking better sooo 🤷🏼‍♂️
I’m excited for the aloe powder.

last night I top dressed each plant with 1 1/2 tsp of langbeinite 0-0-22..it also has high levels of magnesium as well as sulphur. Watered in with about 1/3 of a gallon Each.
all the plants had runoff :
ppms were between 500-800 sooo E.C would beeee 1.0-1.6?? ( definitely way higher than going in)
and pH was between 6-7+

lastly, I moved my little oscillator fan outside of the tent blowing in fresh air through one of the vent holes. Noticeably more inside pressure and air coming out the top vents. I think there is better air circulation now. Hopefully the plants dig it..
over and out earthlings
peace be unto you and yours 👽

a little bonsai LST stylin goin on
3ECABD41 12F9 485C 8AD7 F442A0549B97

D2BA8DFA 48FD 40DA 9496 182482B0930C

57E98049 BDEC 4A2A 8079 2353F55056FC

95147636 D331 4375 9562 D5736057BC3F

Frdmgrwr

Frdmgrwr

I’m pretty sure all 3 plants are female 🙏🙏🙏
been doing light de leafing and cutting some Very select lower branches.
there is only positive signs after feeding them the langbeinite.
growth rate increasing, colors are evening out on the leaves...still a ways to go until I’d consider them completely healthy but I think we’re getting there.

the healthiest plant was starting to have a noticeably taller canopy than the others. she has a beautiful structure and is handling the LST I give really well so I did some more tying down

i decided to do a foliar spray experiment on one of the plants, the one with the blotchy spots on the leaves. I did a very light mix of pH’d water (5.9), fox farm grow big, and some cal/mag supplement, mixed with a tiny bit of all purpose liquid soap. I got her in the bathroom under the skylight now drying up a little until it’s lights out time.

810A3375 1180 473B 81A7 053ECA402A45
70CBAB61 C2B2 4993 ABC1 92F724C7B05B
1C219262 C63C 4802 9B65 5885F3D5EE46
3FC98988 3E63 447F 949B 8DDC61CF1216

Top Bottom