azmatis

i agree with lost, theres alot of help right here in the forums
its a alot of trial and error but is really worth all of the work
trust me, some great stuff here!!
respect azmatis

B

bigAl25

update on plants as promised

Here is a photo update on the strawberry bubba kush, AK48 and bubblelicious I promised.
My timer failed and I had to obtain a new one. It was out for 8 hours before I was able to replace it and left the plants in 4 hours of light then started the 12/12 again. Will this cause permanent problems? My one strawberry bubba kush suddenley developed claw leaves on top with the buds and some fan leaves with light green discoloration. I flushed it once on Saturday assuming it was salt build up, but I am only using fox farm big bloom and tiger bloom every 4th day when watering. The other strawbubbakush does not show this issue. Should I flush again with only H2O on Monday or Tuesday? Or is it time to attempt to re introduce the H2O along with big bloom and tiger bloom. It's my largest plant of the six, and Ill be pissed if I lose it. Your thoughts are appreciated.:fixed:

Jamaica garden 2009 2010 145
Jamaica garden 2009 2010 146
Jamaica garden 2009 2010 147
Jamaica garden 2009 2010 148
Jamaica garden 2009 2010 149
Jamaica garden 2009 2010 150
Cat Jockey

Cat Jockey

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Famous last words. ;)

Ditch the Miracle Gro next go 'round. I won't even use it for house plants due to the amount of fungus gnats da shit comes with. Sounds like you are trying to do this on the cheap and without spending too much on nutes or don't have access to a grow store.

Either way, sweet. But get a new soiless mix. Get some peat, vermiculite and perlite. If the peat is not pH balanced, get some dolomite lime as well. There are a bazillion recipes for what ratios. Personal preference dictates how much peat to ver to per.

HUGE difference. Huge. You will enjoy your garden more.

Make yer own. Get a couple rubbermaids and away you go. You are into organics, so that is a pretty cheap way to go for ferts too. Make your own mix. I think you can buy bloodmeal and the like at Grow Depot.

Fungus gnats :

I hate the lil fuckers and spent some time as a fungus gnat rancher a few years ago. Yellow sticky cards in the dirt and hanging in the room work. I have heard sliced raw potatoes will draw larvae out of the soil. I have also placed bowls of water with a dark lid in it in the growroom (they like dark and think the water is soil because of the black lid and drown - I used the black lid from a folgers coffee container).

And the #1 way to deal with fungus gnats? Don't use Miracle Gro. If you mix your own, you can virtually eliminate the little bastards pretty quickly. You are screwed and will always be dealing with fungus gnats with Miracle Gro.

Top Bottom