Growing in an oven next week.

• Thread starter AZsunfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

You’re using Big Bud why? That plant is nowhere near time for that. Read the instructions on the bottle.
Cuz I dunno wtf I’m doing brutha, lol. I thought you start it around the 2nd week of flowering and then let up a few weeks before harvest? My genetics on this plant are weird tho. It didn’t start flowering until week 7 and I’m going into week 10 and these buds are slow from the heat shock I assume or it’s just a slow growing auto? I used FFOF and honestly regret buying any nutes from AN. It was doing fine before I started using any of it and it just got over fed with even the quarter recommended dose. I should’ve just waiting till I saw some deficiencies and used the jacks 321 method. I’m keeping this all in a grow journal and learning a ton as I go. I dig the criticism tho, most people are too sensitive to get called out when they do dumb shit like use big bud too soon ;)

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Cuz I dunno wtf I’m doing brutha, lol. I thought you start it around the 2nd week of flowering and then let up a few weeks before harvest? My genetics on this plant are weird tho. It didn’t start flowering until week 7 and I’m going into week 10 and these buds are slow from the heat shock I assume or it’s just a slow growing auto? I used FFOF and honestly regret buying any nutes from AN. It was doing fine before I started using any of it and it just got over fed with even the quarter recommended dose. I should’ve just waiting till I saw some deficiencies and used the jacks 321 method. I’m keeping this all in a grow journal and learning a ton as I go. I dig the criticism tho, most people are too sensitive to get called out when they do dumb shit like use big bud too soon ;)
Just wondering. I’m from El Paso. Strongly recommend a misting setup. Your humidity is the problem and not the heat. They can take the heat. Trust me.

Ponky

Ponky

Just wondering. I’m from El Paso. Strongly recommend a misting setup. Your humidity is the problem and not the heat. They can take the heat. Trust me.
In canada. We are about to hit 110 degrees. Lost a few plants. Going veg only for 2 months now. Crazy. You guys got it rough in summer.

Shlep

Shlep

If the sun ever becomes scorching, just use a screen off your home window. It will cut down quite a bit of sunlight. Might not look like it, but, get a meter and you'll see. Also, use more than one. It's not expensive, obviously, and screen do work. ;) I'm having to use one in my room because my plants grew too tall and I don't want them to burn... don't have a dimmer, so, just rigged up SS screen, and viola.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

If the sun ever becomes scorching, just use a screen off your home window. It will cut down quite a bit of sunlight. Might not look like it, but, get a meter and you'll see. Also, use more than one. It's not expensive, obviously, and screen do work. ;) I'm having to use one in my room because my plants grew too tall and I don't want them to burn... don't have a dimmer, so, just rigged up SS screen, and viola.
Yeah I got 40% shade cloth off Amazon. It cuts the light but the heat is unrelenting

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Everyone says to not get the leaves wet? We have wicked hard water and when you have a mister going it just leaves mineral deposits on everything like crazy. I think that would be bad for the leaves no? I could go with a prefilter but that’s just more shit to buy if you know what I mean.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
My brother has five or six going in bags in Riverside in his backyard. He has the bags on four wheelers or piano dollies, whatever you want to call them. And he rolls them around to wherever he needs or wants them to be. Plus it gets them off the ground. They are pretty cheap at Harbor freight.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It’s terrifying and NOBODY down here is paying attention to lake mead. If the damn looses power wtf are people going to do? Keep watering your shitty lawns at your golf courses and Scottsdale McMansions. Time to fire up the desal plant in southern AZ and get ready to pay triple for your water and watch everything go up$$$$$$.
I have a design for an athmosphere water collector. If you have a yard, you can get a free 10 gallons a day (about) to feed your plants.
Let me know if you would like a copy.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Everyone says to not get the leaves wet? We have wicked hard water and when you have a mister going it just leaves mineral deposits on everything like crazy. I think that would be bad for the leaves no? I could go with a prefilter but that’s just more shit to buy if you know what I mean.
Do a string filter on your water, just to remove excess particulates.
If the sun hits the water drops on the plant, they will burn. The water is just like a magnifying glass.

Shlep

Shlep

One more thing, which might help out. If there is anything around your area that collects heat, anything, wood, metal, etc., move it. On the ground think about putting something white that will reflect light back to your plant, but, will also keep the ground from collecting and radiating heat.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

In the tropics, the area around the plant is covered with loose straw to stop the sun from drying out the soil so quickly.
It helps your root zone stay cooler and the water doesn't evaporate so quickly.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

D
Don’t sweat the small shit. Monsoon will take care of any deposits. The humidity is the big deal. And mulch as several suggested is great. And get a shade cloth and get it up over it so it covers it in the hottest part of the day.

JIWINNER 65%-75% Black Sunblock Shade Cloth Taped Edge Grommets Garden Flower Plant,Greenhouse, Barn Kennel (6'x9')
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F9GBJ3L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_T1CKYE7A3D4YMT209Z4K

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think I would cover my soil with a layer of sand. Do you think you can find any down there? Most people down there also refer to it as a yard.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Maybe. It’s 109 as we speak, so everything gets extremely hot down there! LOL. I suppose he could take the temperature of his surface soil and do the same thing in his yard, and see which is cooler. Just a thought.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You guys ever hear of a shade pattern?
It's when you have a patchwork of various colored panels above the plants in a checkerboard pattern to provide shade.
They used to use transparent red and blue panels to intensify the colors for the plants, but we now know that it's unnecessary.
But the checkerboard shade keeps plants cool enough to survive 110 and higher as long as they have water.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Awesome info, honestly I didn’t take humidity very serious at all and now it’s a problem. I’m going to zip ties my string mister to the shade and get some straw for the plant. The whole are is mulched as is but I keep the plant in a fabric pot that set into a slightly larger hole to keep the pot from drying so quickly. I think I’ll set up the mister to a timer to come on in timed intervals during the day and I’ll see how that works. Hopefully our southern moisture will get me thru to end of July before it’s a big deal. Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it when people share their secrets to help the community. And downtown Phoenix has shitty clay ground, zero sand and zero organic matter, it’s awful shit and nothing grows.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Awesome info, honestly I didn’t take humidity very serious at all and now it’s a problem. I’m going to zip ties my string mister to the shade and get some straw for the plant. The whole are is mulched as is but I keep the plant in a fabric pot that set into a slightly larger hole to keep the pot from drying so quickly. I think I’ll set up the mister to a timer to come on in timed intervals during the day and I’ll see how that works. Hopefully our southern moisture will get me thru to end of July before it’s a big deal. Thanks for all the advice, I appreciate it when people share their secrets to help the community. And downtown Phoenix has shitty clay ground, zero sand and zero organic matter, it’s awful shit and nothing grows.
If the humidity is really bad, then you need some sort of breeze through the plant to prevent mold.
Make sure your shade doesn't block air flow.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Monsoon is starting today, fuck yes! 30% humidity for the next month or so. My lone plant is back to being happy and only a few weeks from harvest. So if you are an AZ grower and you want to do autos outdoors get your seeds germ’d late May and let Mother Nature do the rest. Or possible stagger to account for annual fluctuations of crazy heat waves. I did reach back out to mr smilyfaceseeds who grows in Coachella Valley where it’s much hotter and he doesn’t worry about humidity on his outdoor photos, he says it’s all about the strain and the roots for his business and that’s how he makes his living. However his premium shit is all done indoors in fully automated tents tho so I can’t speak to the difference in quality and yield but I’m sure it’s substantial. I may post one more time with final product but I think this post is done boys. Thanks for all the help, I’m having a blast.

Top Bottom