Growing in canna coco really concerned with how it's going!

• Thread starter Bobthegreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bobthegreen

Bobthegreen

Fan leaves are huge and some white marks appearing on leaves, generally looking very droopy. First attempt at any grow, grew from gorilla seeds. Grateful for any help!

Growing in canna coco really concerned with how its going
Growing in canna coco really concerned with how its going 2
Growing in canna coco really concerned with how its going 3
JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

Looks over watered, let her dry out a bit. I don't see any white dots, do you have pictures of the underside of the leaf?

Bobthegreen

Bobthegreen

Okay unfortunately they are not near by, so no pics atm. It maybe just where I splashed water with nutes on just worried. When they first grew the soil was low and it caused a issue when the bottom fan leaves grew larger. I folded pots and had to trim them off as they where very unhappy, I had a feeling I was over watering them as I was trying to get some run off but pots are abit large and just coco in them. You reckon I should miss a water tommorow and keep a eye on them?

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

Yeah, but I mean u do u. As long as you can accurately adjust ph and maintain decent temps, sometimes less is more. Keep a clean grow space and let it do what it do, ya know?
Plant looks good overall.
Cheers.

NorCalCrop650

NorCalCrop650

Fan leaves are huge and some white marks appearing on leaves, generally looking very droopy. First attempt at any grow, grew from gorilla seeds. Grateful for any help!
I always tell my friends asking for advice in growing that underwatering is better than overwatering. If you feel the pot after you water, it’s gonna have some weight to it. You’ll water when the pot feels damn near weightless or if the plant shows signs of being under watered then water and it’ll bounce back within an hour (depending how long you let it dry out haha). For those white spots, do you know the humidity in the tent? And how many fans do you have in the tent?

Bobthegreen

Bobthegreen

Was curious on the size of the fan leaves, I did trim some about 9 hours before pic as was defiantly affecting air flow ect been 4 weeks since planting seeds

Bobthegreen

Bobthegreen

I always tell my friends asking for advice in growing that underwatering is better than overwatering. If you feel the pot after you water, it’s gonna have some weight to it. You’ll water when the pot feels damn near weightless or if the plant shows signs of being under watered then water and it’ll bounce back within an hour (depending how long you let it dry out haha). For those white spots, do you know the humidity in the tent? And how many fans do you have in the tent?
Of the top of my head it's sitting around 60percent and lower, 1 small 240v white clip on fan and 1 small USB powered one, 2 vents open and a extraction fan

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

That faint white spot looks to be a simple water splash from when you were feeding nutrients. The nutrient water dries up and it leaves a very light milky looking residue. Just lick your thumb and rub it that should come right off nothing wrong with the plant. Overall plant doesn't look too bad as the plant starts tp get bigger it should start putting out new healthier foliage. Good luck!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
big leaves like that on a small plant is because of too much moisture in soil and air though your in coco which can be a whole other world, but the plant has grown those leaves so big to help with transpiring so much moisture and it also looks like it’s becoming stunted and not growing out side branches..
some leaves also have a bloated look to them

Bobthegreen

Bobthegreen

So it seems there is too much watering
big leaves like that on a small plant is because of too much moisture in soil and air though your in coco which can be a whole other world, but the plant has grown those leaves so big to help with transpiring so much moisture and it also looks like it’s becoming stunted and not growing out side branches..
some leaves also have a bloated look to them
I'm guessing my biggest problem is over watering it then?

NorCalCrop650

NorCalCrop650

What would be the best step forward guys? Thanks for advice
Next step is to hold back the eagerness and let the plant do what it needs to do. Patience is the hardest part about growing cannabis Imo, but just give it time to dry out and spread your waterings out. Maybe even wait until it’s showing signs of being under watered. In my experience plants bounce back FAST from under watering like an hour or 2 vs it can take weeks even months to recover from overwatering

DanC520

DanC520

What would be the best step forward guys? Thanks for advice
I'd check in on the coco forum and coco for cannabis. It's generally very hard to overwater in coco. I'm not 100% mine would drown if I put a hose on um and just let it run. Not saying anyone above gave bad advice, but I often see people answer questions about coco as if it were traditional soil. It's not. Good luck!

SSgrower

SSgrower

Dan is right, coco is not soil, Canna coco is good coco too. I use 70% coco & 30% perlite, and feed 1 to 1 1/2 gals a day at two weeks but it depends on strain and other regional weather factors. Try to relax, it will come to you.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Next step is to hold back the eagerness and let the plant do what it needs to do. Patience is the hardest part about growing cannabis Imo, but just give it time to dry out and spread your waterings out. Maybe even wait until it’s showing signs of being under watered. In my experience plants bounce back FAST from under watering like an hour or 2 vs it can take weeks even months to recover from overwatering
+1 on that!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom