Growing in San Diego County

• Thread starter Mr.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.

Before I set up my 50 plant system I just wanted to make sure that as long as I have about 9 medical marijuana patients, that also live in San Diego county, fill out a piece of paper stating me as their caregiver then as far as state legality goes I am then totally legal, yes or no? So a state cop could come in and count 50 plants and then look at the paperwork with the 9 different people stating me as their caregiver, and I am good right?

I wish I lived within the city limits so I wouldn't need so many patients to sign me as their caregiver, but I live just outside the city limits.

R

Rolln J

nope totally wrong - you cant just grow weed to be considered a "caregiver" according to a recent ruling by the CA supreme court - you have to actually help those other 8 people by: cooking, cleaning, shopping, taking them to drs appointments etc.

you dont wanna fuck around in SD that DA is a BITCH!

D

doco

I would say that even though you may be within your rights, San Diego is a dangerous place for growing, period. There is a thread here that already asked this question:

Heres a case from last year: http://la.indymedia.org/news/2009/02/224931.php

In short, a recent supreme court decision ruled that caregiving services consisted of more than just supplying marijuana.

Your call - best regards

R

Rolln J

wow doco thats a fucked up and very sad story! that judge should lose his credentials...

M

Mr.

Well damn, I guess I will just have to provide the 8 people with more services. Since I'm a personal trainer maybe I could give them a monthly fitness assessment, exercise programs, and sell them high quality dietary supplements from a company that I make commissions from. Maybe this will account more for the caregiver role.

OR, I may have to grow only 6 to 12 plants per location and just grow big trees. Moving out of San Diego is not an option for at least another year so I will just have to have faith that good will prevail, and that a 4 or 5 light set up per house doesn't draw attention with the utilities or FLIR.

If anybody here has experience growing big trees indoors, especially for similar reasons as to why I am considering it, please let me know so I can ask you some questions about it.

M

Michael_Eaton

The only guarantee you can get right now is to have all of your "patients" register with the "CA Department of Public Health Services" and to have them designate you as their "primary caregiver"...

To do this you will have to physically go to SD County's DPHS office with each of your patients...

It costs $150 EACH and you should have your "personal trainer" argument ready to go.

A "CA DPHS Registered Primary Caregiver" must provide for his/her patients housing, health, OR safety on a regular/consistent basis... Thats the requirement you have to meet - Your patients should have a legit reason for their "recommendation" as well...

This is the ONLY way to GUARANTEE that you are protected.

The CA DPHS will issue you a "Primary Caregiver" ID card for each of your patients and you should have these readily available in your garden.

Don't be scared to join the database!!! No one can look you up, we all get issued ID numbers - Your name isn't even on the card!!! WE NEED MORE OF YOU!

M

Michael_Eaton

AND IF YOU REGISTER NOT EVEN THAT BITCH D.A. CAN TOUCH YOU!!!

-Good Luck Bro!

M

Mr.

Wonderful information guys. Can't wait to become a caregiver for that many people. All the people that I had in mind I am now scratching, and I will find people with chronic illnesses and preferably elderly people to become a caregiver for, since it obviously looks better and I would feel better about helping them out anyways.

R

Rolln J

there are still counties here that refuse to issue medical marijuana ID cards, mine included. where I live they were still trying to prosecute up until about a year ago when they lost a big case...

true grit

true grit

Interesting to see how the San Diego County area pans out. Before moving to Colorado to try and help as a caregiver, I had considered moving to San Diego area for the same thing. Sadly the market and economy worry me investing what little I have right now. Still wanna end up out that way in few years....would love to be caregiver who has a place to surf daily! Good to hear there are some good people fighting for patients out there, as I have always heard its tough S.D. Co....

sky high

sky high

got a buddy out that way...

He's had no problems in SD County....but Riverside Co...now that's another story. BEWARE. He had a nug on him, his pipe...and his paperwork for SD county when he got pulled over in RS County and was subsequently charged with posssesion. Cop told him they didn't recognize such cards/blahblahblah.

We're lucky here bro. it's all STATEWIDE with no iindividual bastions if idiocy in the mix like in CA where one county says NO and the next county over says 'be groovy, my son...we ordain that you can grow 99 plants and possess 3 pounds". Um....WTF???

seems sketchy, at best.....

s h

M

Michael_Eaton

Any refusal for a CA DPHS ID card can be appealed... I've never known anyone who had to do this but I'm sure that you can work your way up the food chain pretty easily...

As long as you are a legitimate patient/ caregiver...

B

BiggerTom

I would say that even though you may be within your rights, San Diego is a dangerous place for growing, period. There is a thread here that already asked this question:

Heres a case from last year: http://la.indymedia.org/news/2009/02/224931.php

In short, a recent supreme court decision ruled that caregiving services consisted of more than just supplying marijuana.

Your call - best regards
Here's one that I have gone rounds with our LEOs...what about the other way around. We all have our maladies and our recs, I am the most severely disabled, and can stay home and produce a small quantity of MMJ. So what if they take ME to my Dr's appts and help ME with my bills, and in return I can provide THEM with a share of the MMJ I am able to produce.
I think I am on to something...you should be able to be the one CARED for. I just need to figure out some paperwork which ties up the back end in a filing of non-profit status. So I am enrolling at my local Cal State University in the Master of Public Administration program to specialize in non-profit administration. Perfhaps I will write up a protocol for non-profit MMJ dispensaires to operate (as opposed to the protocol of a non profit's right to exist which is drawn up by legal professionals. I'll get this crap figured out before I get my feet wet in the gig.
Personally, I believe that MMJ should be produced, procured, protected, recorded and distrubuted at Comunity Colleges. I am working on a piece that addresses my idea. Please pray that they don't try to cart me off to the nuthouse.:mad0233:

true grit

true grit

got a buddy out that way...

He's had no problems in SD County....but Riverside Co...now that's another story. BEWARE. He had a nug on him, his pipe...and his paperwork for SD county when he got pulled over in RS County and was subsequently charged with posssesion. Cop told him they didn't recognize such cards/blahblahblah.

We're lucky here bro. it's all STATEWIDE with no iindividual bastions if idiocy in the mix like in CA where one county says NO and the next county over says 'be groovy, my son...we ordain that you can grow 99 plants and possess 3 pounds". Um....WTF???

seems sketchy, at best.....

s h

Yeah definitely sketchy at best. One thing that did make a difference was the Cali Sup. Court decision that noted that SD CO. did not have the right the withdraw and keep Californians from a statewide right. This should have set precedent for all other counties statewide, problem is that most do not have the capability to fight legally in a court room. Its a tough, expensive battle to show and prove precedent, and sadly most of us in this economy lose out simply because of lack of means to fight. Another way the man can hold us down!!

It shocked me to talk to fam in SD and them being super modern cali folk, not have a clue about med cards or dispensaries....kinda put it in perspective.

Latest posts

Top Bottom