Growing In The Attic? Help?

• Thread starter Rabidsquirel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rabidsquirel

Hey you guys, I'm in my ideal home finally dog allowed? Check. Not many neighbours, check semi detached. Secluded? Check, the street is blocked for cars halfway by bollards so no traffic and it has an attic. At the moment I've 3 haze under a 600w with a view to scrogging, I'm aware of a few mistakes already it's my first time at weed, vegetables, yes weed indoors? No anyway I have also just planted 4 expensive seeds, which are up and just dropped first leaves, I'm going to veg them with cfl until I can put them on 12/12, can anyone recommend some kind of plan for the newbies to maximise yield. Space is no issue but space without light is no use I have the three grouped up together as moving them from directly under the light makes them want to reach over for the light I don't know if I'm panicking unduly

Dan789

Dan789

Welcome @Rabidsquirel, so an attic grow, with what type 600 watt light? My main concern would be with burning the house down. If you post a picture it would give the community much more to go on and to offer suggestions.
(Hint, select the upload file, select you picture and you're there).

Bannacis

Bannacis

One thing that would help max your yields is to use better lights than cfl up to flower, at beginning yes...but as they get bigger they will be able to handle more light. bigger in bigger out.

Organikz

Organikz

Root mass my friend. I focus all of my inputs into overall biomass, roots being most important. Some people only tend to what's up top. Every square millimeter of root surface area takes up x amount of nutrients. My plants are a foot tall and have the root mass to fill a 4g pot and they did and I had to up pot to 10g.

As @Bannacis said an HID from day one is ideal. This will also help promote a strong root system. I always just put seedlings in the side lighting. Once i see them start praying (reaching for the light) i know theyre ready for direct light.

G gnome

G gnome

Root mass my friend. I focus all of my inputs into overall biomass, roots being most important. Some people only tend to what's up top. Every square millimeter of root surface area takes up x amount of nutrients. My plants are a foot tall and have the root mass to fill a 4g pot and they did and I had to up pot to 10g.

As @Bannacis said an HID from day one is ideal. This will also help promote a strong root system. I always just put seedlings in the side lighting. Once i see them start praying (reaching for the light) i know theyre ready for direct light.

That might be true in no till.....
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...f-ing-small-pots-big-buds.71145/#post-1417122

My buddy @mittenmedgrow grows 2-3lb plants in #10 pots watered 3x a day

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I would also take into consideration the amount of heat that is and will continue to build in an attic grow. If in winter/snowy area, your melted roof of snow is a dead grow giveaway to others. Also, tryinf to manage thengrow heat, and heat from your home. Remember heat rises.

BudBogart

BudBogart

With increased lighting comes increased heat and in an attic that can become a serious issue very quickly. Do you have a way to ventilate?

Bannacis

Bannacis

I also believe a wider pot is better than a taller pot of same volume. were as the canopy will bush out to just slightly beyond the width of your roots. that's why you see big ass wide trees in raised beds 10 feet in diameter. rarely do the tap root go into the main ground if watered enough. Same applies to pots, fabric or air pots of a wider size would be ideal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom