Growing In The Desert

• Thread starter Joe cool
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rcubed

Rcubed

looking for advice in extreme temps
What kind of temps are you dealing with? I'm in So Cal and I'm finishing out some re-veged plants outdoors from the fall harvest right now. They've dealt with 35 to 40 degree temperature swings and a recent cold streak that has brought freezing night time temps. We've seen highs in the 80's and lows of 30. Cold temps affect the growth rate. I'm not sure how the final product will be affected because I'm going to give it another week before I chop. I haven't really dealt with the extreme heat you deal with out in AZ but you'll probably find someone here that has.
IMG 20180228 164558

Joe cool

Joe cool

July and August may be up to 115 I am currently trying auto white widow the nice part is that I started outside in Jan the first was northern lights was a male the gold leaf is 3 weeks younger and flowering both were reg seeds
Peace

Rcubed

Rcubed

July and August may be up to 115 I am currently trying auto white widow the nice part is that I started outside in Jan the first was northern lights was a male the gold leaf is 3 weeks younger and flowering both were reg seeds
Peace
Cool. I've never grown autos but I have some WW seeds I'm going to pop this spring. I bet you'll need to get your plants some sun screens when it gets up to 115. How cold does it get out there in the winter?

Joe cool

Joe cool

Cool. I've never grown autos but I have some WW seeds I'm going to pop this spring. I bet you'll need to get your plants some sun screens when it gets up to 115. How cold does it get out there in the winter?
I am picking my tomatoes winters are 70-80 40 is the lowest over 300 days sunshine so I figure why lights lol since July ang aug are insane I will start my next auto in sept the ww is newborn and should be ready by June
Peace

Rcubed

Rcubed

I am picking my tomatoes winters are 70-80 40 is the lowest over 300 days sunshine so I figure why lights lol since July ang aug are insane I will start my next auto in sept the ww is newborn and should be ready by June
Peace
You can start fems or regs in Sept. as well if you don't want to do autos. The sativas will do especially well at that time. I've never done autos, but I did supplement lighting during the night and put them out during the day to veg my plants to where I want them before I leave them out permanently to bud.

Joe cool

Joe cool

You can start fems or regs in Sept. as well if you don't want to do autos. The sativas will do especially well at that time. I've never done autos, but I did supplement lighting during the night and put them out during the day to veg my plants to where I want them before I leave them out permanently to bud.
I did that in the colder months I plan to do the gold leaf an northern lights then that does explain why my GL is flowering I have been feeding her 0 10 10 and molasses’s thanks RRR
Peace

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
put as much humidity in the air as you can... they can handle the heat but need the humidity to keep growing. i grow in very arid climates and the plants explode when i introduce humidity. when i dont.. they grow in the morning and in the evening and stall out in the high dry temps of the afternoon

ItalWinston

ItalWinston

They thrive in the Mojave desert at 3600' elevation. Regularly hits 110+ in the summer. I have well drained sandy soil and leave a constant drip going , they drink as much as they need. Key is keeping water available at all times. You can't do this in coastal areas, the roots will rot if over watered. Virtually impossible to over water in sandy desert soil. Here is a picture taken in August last year, note the Tulle netting to keep butterflies/caterpillars out.
Good luck,

IW
20170908 170904

Joe cool

Joe cool

Thanks I am on the mex border here is the latest I am flushing with water only next week I will cut off the water and put her on the dark for 48 hours thanks to all the sisters and brothers for your good advice

7BD769EA 0207 4F18 A747 9DBA13F24402
8342A31C 29DF 42D2 A35D CC7ECE2DE983
3AB3AA19 5C16 40C4 AA5A FBB733ECB1F9
99BC3D9E 26D6 4688 8658 522230F4CD11
Top Bottom