Growing In The Sun

• Thread starter Eeri
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eeri

Eeri

Wow those leaves do look similar. I might just quarantine that plant somewhere else just to be safe. Now if your buddies plant had black roots also then I would say it is them. Also the last pic with the nutes is of my vortex. I may know the cause of the issue otherwise. When I first transplanted them from clone I grabbed a watering can with some rust in it. Not sure but maybe an iron overdose.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Wow those leaves do look similar. I might just quarantine that plant somewhere else just to be safe. Now if your buddies plant had black roots also then I would say it is them. Also the last pic with the nutes is of my vortex. I may know the cause of the issue otherwise. When I first transplanted them from clone I grabbed a watering can with some rust in it. Not sure but maybe an iron overdose.

I never thought to look at the roots when they pulled it but now I wish I would have. I've read female russets burrow at the base, but I don't know if that causes any root problems. Again, I didn't know these things existed two weeks ago, so I'm no expert.

I'm still unsuccessfully battling my own spider mite problem and am about to say f**k organic and dose these bitches. Before my buds get too far along.

Eeri

Eeri

Oo spider mites that sucks still might be able to remove all fan leaves , trim back sugar leaf, treat buds with organic bug killer, them grow the plant out like that. Make sure good air circulating because those buds will be working hard. I'm not an expert but I read. Peace.

Thenug y43Unw1iTW
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

FxxK the Mayweathers!
My bad,,
I got carried away...

So would you say Bugs are the worst thing ever?

Me and a few old hats were yacking about soil vrs hydro,
and I said hydro was bug free was what I liked the mosr,
Eventho its far from bug free,
but def a much easier problem with hydroton,
than soil for ME...

I tried soil weed vrs hydro weed and I couldnt tell much of a diff in taste,
but Hydro deff killed it in yield...
But im with you....
Fxxk the Mayweathers!
I mean,,
Fxxk organic!

Do what you got to do brother!

Thanks. Just ordered Azamax yesterday, will get it tomorrow. That should do it. If not, I'll tent that shit and Dr Doom it.

I don't know anything about hydro, at least no more than the obvious stuff. Will do it when I get my own property, but right now I'm on my cousin's grid and I build high end gaming/video editing/live stream PCs, so I'm already pulling mad juice. If I did it I'd have to set it up with full solar and ac converted from battery storage. Could do it, but adding solar battery power adds a lot to maintainence and my morphine is already getting pushed to it's limits just covering the little gardening I do.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thanks. Just ordered Azamax yesterday, will get it tomorrow. That should do it. If not, I'll tent that shit and Dr Doom it.

I don't know anything about hydro, at least no more than the obvious stuff. Will do it when I get my own property, but right now I'm on my cousin's grid and I build high end gaming/video editing/live stream PCs, so I'm already pulling mad juice. If I did it I'd have to set it up with full solar and ac converted from battery storage. Could do it, but adding solar battery power adds a lot to maintainence and my morphine is already getting pushed to it's limits just covering the little gardening I do.
Lol I hear you brother!

Eeri

Eeri

I have this image in my head of what the blue cookies r supposed to look like. Its turning out ok. The soil it is in is recycled vermifire top dressed with fresh vermisoil. I used ff grow big and big bloom for veg now just switched to flowers nutes. Looking good so far.

20170818 080902
20170818 080914
20170818 080155
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I have this image in my head of what the blue cookies r supposed to look like. Its turning out ok. The soil it is in is recycled vermifire top dressed with fresh vermisoil. I used ff grow big and big bloom for veg now just switched to flowers nutes. Looking good so far.

If someone doesn't know how big a half wine barrel is, it's hard to tell how impressive these plants are. The last wine barrel I used grew a 14' Acer (Japanese Maple).

Very nice

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thank you. I suppose what im wondering is what kind of weight ill get.

I'm with you on that. I don't know if I'm going to pull 10 or 30 off mine. 3× 7' Royal Nepal Kush, I'm figuring 3-5 each, the 3 Orange Creamsicle vary from 3' to 6'+, someone who knows told me 1-2 lbs off of the 3' runt, so that would put the big one at 6-7 lbs. Both of my strains are supposed to have extremely heavy yields.

But, I really have no idea. I might as well be guessing at how many grains in a jar of sand. Unless you've grown this strain in this spot before, I don't know if you can guesstimate.

I can't even get a guess from my cousin, he just says, "I never count my chickens". I think he's full of sh*t and is counting them in his head all the time.

Eeri

Eeri

My buddy says ill get pounds but ive seen website that say like 30 grams

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

8 to 12 ounces is my guess :)

That plant has got to be, what, 4-5'? I would have guessed more. But, again, I really have no clue. Anything I say is absolutely an uneducated guess.

I would have guessed 1 1/2 to 2 lbs each if they are fully loaded, but I'm an optimist. So don't trust my guess. I just wanted to get in on this.

Eeri

Eeri

If I get half a p off the vortex ill be more than happy.

I actually have seen a kush plant mature with a massive maine cola and all the branches were huge. This plant looks so different though I'm not sure how it will look when its done.

I think I am over watering the blue cookies. It just wont perk up. I noticed the same thing in my oregano and after a short period of no water it perked up.

Amazingly the plant with black roots is budding the fastest. Next month I will try to make tea for them all. I think it sweetens and fattens the buds. Not sure but it seems legit.

Wow 7ft is tall too. In ur pic they look super healthy and vibrant.
My vortex is getting there. I'll keep ya updated.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

If I get half a p off the vortex ill be more than happy.

I actually have seen a kush plant mature with a massive maine cola and all the branches were huge. This plant looks so different though I'm not sure how it will look when its done.

I think I am over watering the blue cookies. It just wont perk up. I noticed the same thing in my oregano and after a short period of no water it perked up.

Amazingly the plant with black roots is budding the fastest. Next month I will try to make tea for them all. I think it sweetens and fattens the buds. Not sure but it seems legit.

Wow 7ft is tall too. In ur pic they look super healthy and vibrant.
My vortex is getting there. I'll keep ya updated.

I give mine 7 gal ea every 3 days. If it's very hot or very cool I'll adjust it by a day. When they were the size of yours I was doing about 5 gal.

I test my moisture by touch. If I put my finger in the soil and the soil sticks then they have enough for at least another day. If the soil is cool but dry then I water the next morning. Cannabis hates wet soil. They like well drained cool soil. That's where my expanded clay pellets that I mixed in with the ammendments work great.

If you find you're overwatering because the sun is evaping all your surface moisture, then you might want to try a layer of expanded clay over the surface. It will hold only the moisture it needs and release it as it becomes dry. It will also keep them cool, and a cool plant is a happy plant. You'll get a lot more growth out of a plant thats not using its energy to stay cool.

Mine are under shade so my formula is a little different. You can try a moisture meter to check them. I have one. They're $6- $7 on Amazon.

Just ideas.

sun

sun

welcome Eeri , love watching some of these od grows .these plants can blow up real big in the sun

Eeri

Eeri

Thanks sun! Yea I jad to do alot of trimming just to keep the blue cookies under cntrol from being super wild prob trimmed off 1/3 of the overall plant. My vortex though. I just dont know when its supposed to start budding . I hope I don't have to chop it early.

Eeri

Eeri

I'm a littlevworried about my vortex as it is turning yellowish. Im wondering if i should just keep giving it bud nutes or maybe give it a dose of grow nutes. Unless grow nutes will hinder the budding.

Top Bottom