Growing indoor and worried about humidity.

• Thread starter TheCatman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheCatman

I've posted in the problem section about some white stuff I have seen on one of my week or plants that hasn't been developing. Today I noticed something White on one of my healthier plants. I'm worried it's mold or mildew. It was suggested to spray with 99% alcohol? If it is mold or mildew does anybody have any other ideas or better ways also I wonder if your supposed to spray the whole plant? That doesn't seem like it could be good for it. Here's some pictures from both plants. The darker leaves with the bigger patch of white is the weaker one and the lighter Green Leaf is the healthier one that just had it appear today. It was recommended to me to stay with the humidity is high as possible. I've only managed to reach into the seventies if I'm lucky and use boiling pots of water outside the tent. They usually stays in the 60% humidity range or high 50s. Usually stays about 75 to 79 degrees.

Growing indoor and worried about humidity
Growing indoor and worried about humidity 2
Growing indoor and worried about humidity 3
Growing indoor and worried about humidity 4
Growing indoor and worried about humidity 5
Growing indoor and worried about humidity 6
Growing indoor and worried about humidity 7
Growing indoor and worried about humidity 8
NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Doesn't really look like mold or mildew. The first one looks like a drip of something that's dried on a leaf. The second looks like a bit of debris that has landed. Wouldn't be too concerned unless you see it spread rapidly, or the plants exhibit other symptoms.

T

TheCatman

Humidifiers all put out a small amount of calcium dust unless youre using straight pure distilled water. Dont worry about it.
I am using distilled water. Is that a problem? For watering my plants I got some well water from my parents. Is showing a ph of 7 something right now that's what I wanted with this morning. I have not calibrated the meter yet I just got it last night. Yesterday I intensified the light and it doesn't seem like any of them actually grew as to where they were growing about an inch at least a day. But how the tips of the top leaves turned light cannot be caused by too much light? Or what could be the cause for the tips of the leaves to turn a very light color I've also got another post about some strange holes in the leaves on a plant.

T

TheCatman

I am using distilled water. Is that a problem? For watering my plants I got some well water from my parents. Is showing a ph of 7 something right now that's what I wanted with this morning. I have not calibrated the meter yet I just got it last night. Yesterday I intensified the light and it doesn't seem like any of them actually grew as to where they were growing about an inch at least a day. But how the tips of the top leaves turned light cannot be caused by too much light? Or what could be the cause for the tips of the leaves to turn a very light color I've also got another post about some strange holes in the leaves on a plant.
I also noticed that leaf that I'm touching with my two fingers turned itself around this morning when I turn the light back up

We_Toke_Chronic

We_Toke_Chronic

Spraying your plants with an alcohol mixture is ok don’t be worried just don’t use 100% use the 70% or 50%..

8 cups water
1 cup 70% rubbing alcohol (don’t use in flower and if you do avoid spraying the buds directly)
1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide

That should do the trick..you can also add in DR WOODS Tea Tree oil and Peppermint 1/4 cup of each…un scented hand soap could work too it will help control pest populations too ☮️

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Your plants look fine, you will know if something bad is afoot. They are weeds, they aren't orchids, they can take some abuse. Don't worry about babying them, just keep it simple and consistent, you will learn how they grow and what to watch out for. Your plants will tell you what they want.

Latest posts

Top Bottom