Growing medical marijuana for a living...

• Thread starter p3s7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.

If it was a compassion club they do the same shit here. I know plenty of ppl that brought the best bud in town and they turn everyone away. When I asked them why they said because it's up to their growers as to what they grow and have.. WHAT?? Don't you think it should be up to the ppl paying for it ?? I happen to know that they don't even know the top bud out there now !! And that is the club lol pretty bad if you ask me. OH yeah they aren't asking me lol .Which is why they lose business peace out Headband707

Where is the logic in that? You'd think it would benefit everyone involved, but I guess if they have a contract with their growers and they buy from you then that may be less that they can take from the growers.

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

Notice it's a Compassion CLUB

Where is the logic in that? You'd think it would benefit everyone involved, but I guess if they have a contract with their growers and they buy from you then that may be less that they can take from the growers.

Grown by members for members of their Club. Trying to stay as close as possible to the strictest interpretation of Cali's laws. Each member signs away their right to grow their own plants to the Club and gets to buy at club prices.

Clubs growers tag plants to a members name and they only tend them for them. Yeah right!

Or something similar.

YJ

K

kushpheen

Are those growers that transport Lbs to the dispensaries protected in some way? Last I knew Cali hadn't changed enough laws for that yet. Transportation of illegal narcotics is still on the books and even fighting it afterwards then ya gotta pass all the benchmarks (license, plant count, etc). Clearly a waste of your time and money. There are pitfalls everywhere. JMO

YJ

SB420 provides patients the ability to transport aggregate amounts consistent with needs of their collective. But your right, the legal battles still rage on.

Clubs that turn down reasonably priced top end gear don't want competition with their in-house produced strains. They want to sell that day old bread before putting out any new tastier loafs....

oldskool63

oldskool63

OK...its September and I just came across this...read from start to...well here....What the hell did you decide p37? I am interested because this format is very close to how ANY dispensary will have to be operated here in AZ...non profit state regulated.
I did purchase the course from Hempgaard University a while back that pretty much did shit for me because it was based solely on CA law and AZ's initiative hadn't been conceived yet...I have learned plenty since!
Either way I send All the Best to this guy...

U

UnitedWeStand

i know people are making good money dropping off lbs to dispensaries, any info on this ?

fractal

fractal

also, food for thought... earning 2500/ lb consistently is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY better than earning 4,000/lb and getting caught in the process. Even though its a tough pill to swallow seeing the clubs sell your 2500 pot for 9000 your freedom and peace of mind is worth more. Plus they earned that 9000 by the risk they take as well.

Hell no, I disagree completely with you and this is a piss poor attitude. 350% markup by a retail store that does NOTHING, probably run by an idiot who can't grow to save their life. . . How the hell is that fair?

THE GROWERS ARE A THORN IN THE SIDE OF DISPENSARIES. THEY CARE NOT FOR US, WE ARE SOME SORT OF PROBLEM TO THEM.

Any jackoff with money can open a club, growers with skills and strains are the ones making it all happen. Clubs are taking almost no risk at all, that pound will be gone within a week but you spent 3-5 months working on it.

S

SomeoneYouKnow

Not many ppl can supply like that unless they are set up in a pretty big place that takes a lot of electricity which is usually tracked by police and hydro companies.

Headband - Your suggestions are good - but I have to disagree wtih this one single comment.

A close friend (with a separate grow) and I have both been running close to 10K a month bills and have yet to have a knock on our doors asking why all the power usage.

In fact, I think we are some of the Hydro company's best customers. We sit in "Tier 5" all day long and get charged thru the anus for all the power we use.

It all depends on how you set it up with the POCO. Obviously we are not doing this in our garages.

Take Care and GOOD Luck!

Hope it Helps Someone,

SYK

U

UnitedWeStand

Catwoman, why do you think you had your head up your ass ?

I figure since growing is so expensive, that having a regular job is a good option, even necessary to start/maintain a solid op.

Doesn't it get stressful living a pound at a time, kind of like a paycheck at a time ?

Maybe this is me just doubting myself, but it seems extremely difficult for one to make a decent income selling to dispensaries, or am i wrong ?

thank you for sharing your experiences with us as well :)

G

gooey

yeah that...lol i think it is just like being a farmer...tough job...peac n puffs

J

jonmiilton

Ya I will save a lot of time and frustration, began to grow, so that your products to market, or directly to the people, that will help the patient most. I have not seen a pie in the sky plans to do so anything come together, or not a waste of every bodies time, energy and money, I have seen and heard many attempts so far.

S

ScrOGer

Hello.... You can draw a salary as a collective director of a NFP company. Same goes for helpers, if you have them. The collective cannot profit. get an accountant and pay taxes. If you have profits on paper, then you need to donate to charities or directly to the members of the collective.

Collective Director/Representitive can easily draw a 75k annual salary, without any red flags.

T

thchuy

It just depends if your trying to stay illegal and get market price for your meds or go legal and give up an opportunity cost.

Really interesting point here. However, if you want to include everything to figure out your opportunity cost, you have to include the fact that going market price and staying illegal can land you in prison. And that will significantly make a dent in your earning capacity, not to mention your quality of life.

Its kind of like investing in bonds. If you go with a high risk, high yield bond, you *might* make some dough in the near term, but you could lose it all. Stay safe, imo.

D

Don007206

Although everything Tex says is right IMHO the whole thing needs to change with prices that the dispenaries are getting for bud that isn't worth it. In Canada it's $10.00 a gram for shit and in the USA it's $70.00 an 1/8 these prices are too high ,again IMHO.Asking for $100.00 an hour!! is that all lol.. This is why pot is soo expensive ppl see money and can't resist it not thinking of the poor sick ppl that need it. Thats my 2 cents peace out Headband707
This is not baking cake you need to have risk reward

monkeymun

monkeymun

Interesting idea, but wouldn't have a chance of working where I live.

The only way to make money from growing here is to sell it illegally. It definitely makes you could money, but it comes with great risks.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I was thinking about this subject for a while now and I seemed to have found a solution to all the problems associated with the industry and prosecution cases.

I've been growing for nearly 7 years now and wish so to do it for a living. Growing for a living is no where near the same as selling marijuana for a living.

I want to set up a LLC, I will be self employed under this LLC. Just for argument sake, lets say I name this company, Farmers for Medical Marijuana (FMMJ). Then I will form a collective/co-op. This collective/co-op will be formed as a non-profit organization. The collective/co-op will then hire me to grow their patients medicine. Everything that I produce (smokable flowers) will be given to the collective for free at no charge for the marijuana itself.

As a grower employed under FMMJ, I will be asking an hourly wage of say $100 an hour. At the end of harvest, FMMJ will calculate how many hours I worked and calculate all out of pocket expenses assumed by the grower (ALL RECEIPTS MUST BE AVAILABLE. If the receipt for materials is not kept then the grower cannot get reimbursed for it) to keep the garden healthy and safe. After calculating the total expense assumed by FMMJ to create the medicine, FMMJ will bill the collective for this exact amount. FMMJ will then issue payment to the grower/me for the service. The collective will then distribute the medicine they got for free amongst its patients but charge accordingly for the expenses assumed to create the medicine.

This way everything will be documented and because the grower is an employee for a company and will be getting paid income, the grower will need to pay income tax. FMMJ will not own any of the medicine and therefore cannot and will not charge for the medicine. Only for the resources and expenses directly related to making the medicine.

The problem with this is that collectives/co-ops won't be purchasing their medicine at prices related to units and this could be a problem for the market because different strains go for different prices and is usually based on weight. Under this way the collective/co-op will be paying generally a set amount for their medicine regardless of strain or quantity. So for example with all expenses and wages added up say it comes out to 12,000 and the grower is only able to produce 1.5lbs then that is how much the medicine will cost. On the other hand if costs were 12,000 and I produced 5lbs then that will still be how much the medicine will be. But under this method it would be the most legal because the grower is no longer growing marijuana and selling it to collectives for massive profits and undocumented. I'd be more than satisfied making 12,000 a month (4hrs a day x 30 days x $100/hr.) regardless if I produced 5lbs or 10lbs. It will be a job and it will be taxed, documented, and compliant.

It's kind of like say you have a house with a front lawn you need to take care of. You hire a company to do your landscaping, the employees of the company will work on your landscaping. The company pays the employees and bills the homeowner.

The reason I am going to set up an LLC for FMMJ is because FMMJ is not going to be a collective, it does not have patients and it does not sell anything. Its like me having my own landscaping/gardening business.

I hope all of this makes sense and any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Everything under the sun's already been done, and if you think youre getting $100/hr youve been spending TOO much time in the sun. Id go back to the drawing board on this one..and lose the greed.

Top Bottom