Growing my first multiple strains Tips and tricks for my little indoor garden would really be appreaciated

• Thread starter TopShelfTender
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TopShelfTender

So It's time to share my latest growing endeavor: nurturing a batch of 16 babies in their early stages of growth. I'm putting my skills to the test with a diverse mix of strains, all in the name of honing my craft and expanding my knowledge as a grower. This is my first time growing multiple strains at the same time on my garden so any suggestion on keeping them alive would be appreciated!

Jhkkjh
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I really hope you’ve another tent

If not that’s going to be a nightmare unless they are all autos even then you don’t have the room in that tent

What do plan to do the bigger ones are ready to flip and you haven’t the room with the others in there

you have far to many in one space.
There ok atm but going forward it’s going to get overcrowded

I do hope you have another tent and all that jazz above is irrelevant

N

Natep

I agree with gmix. You will play hell managing that canopy. It’s really hard to grow multiple strains. One strain will want more light than the others and will grow faster.

T

TopShelfTender

I really hope you’ve another tent

If not that’s going to be a nightmare unless they are all autos even then you don’t have the room in that tent

What do plan to do the bigger ones are ready to flip and you haven’t the room with the others in there

you have far to many in one space.
There ok atm but going forward it’s going to get overcrowded

I do hope you have another tent and all that jazz above is irrelevant
Thanks for your concern and insights. Yeah, I totally get what you're saying. Right now, I'm working with what I've got in terms of space, but I hear you loud and clear about the potential overcrowding issue down the line.

I appreciate your input, though; it's always good to have fellow growers looking out for each other!

T

TopShelfTender

I agree with gmix. You will play hell managing that canopy. It’s really hard to grow multiple strains. One strain will want more light than the others and will grow faster.
Thanks for the tips, mate!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'd also suggest investing in better (and more) pots.

I usually put the same strains in the same tent, but not always. Having them all close to the same age might be more important.

S

SamSquatch

I usually put the same strains in the same tent, but not always. Having them all close to the same age might be more important.
I grow multi strains together, that's 5 plants in a 3x3 tent. I use a Photo Bio par meter to even out the light, LST training, stools and blocks to even my canopy. Short plants in middle directly under light, tall plants in back.

H

hawkman

in a 3 by2.5 - 3/ 5 gallon and 2/ 3gallon still to many - here are a few tips: a plant needs 2.5 ft per plant also try to make/keep a even canopy for better light . sure you can grow all of them but you will have small plants (the one's that survive) Happy Cultivation

Mothman

Mothman

@Gmix poses excellent questions to consider. I’ve never had anything BUT mixed strain tents. Last grow I promised myself I’d switch to a single strain tent, but I love the variety, and it’s so hard to choose just one!

@SamSquatch has a tight 5-plant 3x3 tent—I can’t imagine. I have 4 photos in a 40”x40” tent and I’m thinking about giving away one of my 4. My plan was for 3 and even then, it’d be tight with the LST spread.

i agree with @LoveGrowingIt. Choosing multiple strains with similar growth characteristics and flower time requirements will make life way better!

With that many, you’ll probably find you have to cull (or give away) many to make them fit. Also, you’ll have very little room for LST to make much difference.

I keep several extra plant risers, boxes, etc, to help even out the changing canopy. You’ll want an assortment of stackables to keep the canopy flat (and the pots stable). And plenty of fan capacity for air movement and exhaust.

One of my favorite sayings is, “Anything worth doing is worth overdoing,” but dang, this grow shoots that logic! 😳

Check out @Captspaulding, he grows a variety of strains at various stages of development, but with a larger space, multiple levels, and multiple lights. You might get some ideas how to make this work.

Good luck, bro-tato chip!

S

SamSquatch

@Gmix poses excellent questions to consider. I’ve never had anything BUT mixed strain tents. Last grow I promised myself I’d switch to a single strain tent, but I love the variety, and it’s so hard to choose just one!

@SamSquatch has a tight 5-plant 3x3 tent—I can’t imagine. I have 4 photos in a 40”x40” tent and I’m thinking about giving away one of my 4. My plan was for 3 and even then, it’d be tight with the LST spread.

i agree with @LoveGrowingIt. Choosing multiple strains with similar growth characteristics and flower time requirements will make life way better!

With that many, you’ll probably find you have to cull (or give away) many to make them fit. Also, you’ll have very little room for LST to make much difference.

I keep several extra plant risers, boxes, etc, to help even out the changing canopy. You’ll want an assortment of stackables to keep the canopy flat (and the pots stable). And plenty of fan capacity for air movement and exhaust.

One of my favorite sayings is, “Anything worth doing is worth overdoing,” but dang, this grow shoots that logic! 😳

Check out @Captspaulding, he grows a variety of strains at various stages of development, but with a larger space, multiple levels, and multiple lights. You might get some ideas how to make this work.

Good luck, bro-tato chip!
For those plants I use 5, 7 gal grow bags, veg them 5 weeks they get 3 or 4 ft tall. My yield ranges 16 to 22 oz depending on what strains I am growing.

T

TopShelfTender

Thanks man! I'll definitely look into getting better pots to ensure my plants have enough room to thrive. (btw forgot to turn on notification to quickly see comments) you guys are legends learning a lot here!

T

TopShelfTender

Agree with everything said above, 16, man you have like 30 or more plants there 🤯
Yeah, it's a bit of a jungle in here with all these strains, 😅 you may call me a little impatient on testing out what's the best but I'm excited to see how this would turn out!

T

TopShelfTender

I grow multi strains together, that's 5 plants in a 3x3 tent. I use a Photo Bio par meter to even out the light, LST training, stools and blocks to even my canopy. Short plants in middle directly under light, tall plants in back.
Your setup sounds awesome, man! Thanks for sharing your techniques. I'll definitely consider using Photo Bio par meter and LST training to even out the canopy. 👀

T

TopShelfTender

Be careful during flower with bunched up plants that the humidity doesn’t rise to much it’s a quick way to get fungi
Thanks for the reminder, man! Taking notes here 🥸 I'll keep a close eye on humidity (make adjustments as needed) don't want any unwelcome guests crashing!

Top Bottom