Growing New Og Strain, Very Lanky, How To Train It? Help

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

so im running abunch of ogs this round, and the high octane og seems to be growing very lanky, and i would like to scrog it, or atleasst get it to have alot of tops, whats the best way to do it? is it better to top the plants, or to completly cut off the top shoot, or do i top every branch? do i do the topping when the plants are short? i dont want to top it when its too short or the side branching will get taller than the main branch/shoot.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

I drill holes in The sides. Of the buckets then make a loop with a zip tie. Buy some twine and loop it around a branch and pull it down as far as it will go. I'll post a pic when I get home of a Wi-Fi I have like that. I start this early then scrog.

The Terps

The Terps

I lollipop most of the time I hate topping as it seem to stunt my varietys a few extra days than if I lollipop I think I pinch the main stalk and pinch it then I bend it over as to not break the stem. It's almost like tying it down which I think is as good or better, but it is easier, unless your already set up for the tie down. You can also "lollipop" any branch at almost any length over 3"

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

I lollipop most of the time I hate topping as it seem to stunt my varietys a few extra days than if I lollipop I think I pinch the main stalk and pinch it then I bend it over as to not break the stem. It's almost like tying it down which I think is as good or better, but it is easier, unless your already set up for the tie down. You can also "lollipop" any branch at almost any length over 3"

Sounds like super cropping to me man. Lollipop is when you trim the lower brances off.

The Terps

The Terps

YA that's why I said I think lol who comes up with theses silly technique names

Top Bottom