Growing out doors. Need help

• Thread starter Jf78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jf78

Jf78

By looking at these pictures. How far off are they from being harvested? First time growing. Also should I be worried that the leaves are yellowing this late in the year?
Growing out doors need help 4
Growing out doors need help 3
Growing out doors need help 2
Growing out doors need help

mancorn

mancorn

The yellowing is normal, but not the white spot discoloration in your first picture. Take a close up clear picture of these areas. Might just be a nutrient deficiency, bug pee, or spray residue. Or could be powdered mildew.

FarmerTwon

FarmerTwon

From your photos, looks like you got some PM (Powdery Mildew). Buds look good though, Buds draw out the nutrients from fan leaves for fuel so that's normal.

Krispy420

Krispy420

What do I do about the PM?
Hi, you can spray/spot treat them with a mixture of milk and water or hydrogen peroxide and water. both of these have worked for me. It will not get rid of it completely but will keep it at bay and keep it from spreading until harvest. Some people use baking soda/soap in conjunction with those as well. Try to treat them early morning or at night so you don't burn the plants. A more fool proof way of knowing when to harvest is buying a jeweler's loupe and examining the trichomes. When the trichome heads are a mixture of cloudy and amber is a good time to pull them, if you can still see alot of clear heads it's too early. Plant looks good though, nice job.

Jf78

Jf78

Hi, you can spray/spot treat them with a mixture of milk and water or hydrogen peroxide and water. both of these have worked for me. It will not get rid of it completely but will keep it at bay and keep it from spreading until harvest. Some people use baking soda/soap in conjunction with those as well. Try to treat them early morning or at night so you don't burn the plants. A more fool proof way of knowing when to harvest is buying a jeweler's loupe and examining the trichomes. When the trichome heads are a mixture of cloudy and amber is a good time to pull them, if you can still see alot of clear heads it's too early. Plant looks good though, nice job.

Jf78

Jf78

Is one better then the other? Do I spray the entire plant? Also I have people telling me that I need to give them nitrogen. Should I this late in the year.? Thanks for all your help!

Krispy420

Krispy420

Hi, I'd recommend doing water/peroxide first then follow up with some milk and water if needed. you do not need to spray the whole plant just get as many leaves as you can and try to stay away from the flowers. I bring out a little dish scrubber with me (it looks like a tooth brush but it's bigger and I physically wipe the spores off with that in the bad spots. You could probably feed it one more time before you flush but personally I wouldn't worry about it and just water it the rest of the season but that's totally your call. I try to give them at least a week or two with no food let them eat what they got and don't mind the color change.

Jf78

Jf78

Hi, I'd recommend doing water/peroxide first then follow up with some milk and water if needed. you do not need to spray the whole plant just get as many leaves as you can and try to stay away from the flowers. I bring out a little dish scrubber with me (it looks like a tooth brush but it's bigger and I physically wipe the spores off with that in the bad spots. You could probably feed it one more time before you flush but personally I wouldn't worry about it and just water it the rest of the season but that's totally your call. I try to give them at least a week or two with no food let them eat what they got and don't mind the color change.
Thanks. Worked like a charm. I’m ready to harvest. I was going to do it today but we got unexpected rain over night and it’s still drizzling. Can I still harvest and put them in my drying tent with wet plants?

Krispy420

Krispy420

Nice man, glad it worked 4 u. You can hang wet plants but keep an eye on your RH you don't want it too much above 60% or your inviting mold. You can always fan them off for a hour or two before you hang them. The rain got me, was hoping to let a couple of my girls go another couple weeks but this week is all rain and clouds, not worth the risk. Good first grow, enjoy your harvest and be proud.

Jf78

Jf78

Nice man, glad it worked 4 u. You can hang wet plants but keep an eye on your RH you don't want it too much above 60% or your inviting mold. You can always fan them off for a hour or two before you hang them. The rain got me, was hoping to let a couple of my girls go another couple weeks but this week is all rain and clouds, not worth the risk. Good first grow, enjoy your harvest and be proud.
Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it! Been drying since Sunday between 55%and 60% RF. This is what they look like. It’s hard when you haven’t done this before.
157F2849 EA86 45DC BC13 8EFE3AC96EEB

Jf78

Jf78

I harvested all but one plant. For some reason I forgot I had another one. This is what it looks like today. To far gone to harvest?
CD928F95 086E 4537 ACB0 993C76657832

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Looks like the vast amount of trichomes are gone. Unless you need more I would not bother other than using it for possible edibles.

Jf78

Jf78

I put my buds in jars last night. The RH is 65%. I burped them this morning and again now. I have them in the garage where is kind of humid. What should I do? I can put them back in the basement with a dehumidifier on

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I put my buds in jars last night. The RH is 65%. I burped them this morning and again now. I have them in the garage where is kind of humid. What should I do? I can put them back in the basement with a dehumidifier on
your not bad just open them up a couple times a time..

Rooke

Rooke

Looks like the vast amount of trichomes are gone. Unless you need more I would not bother other than using it for possible edibles.
Heya farmer just took a look at the top of the bud and I can see lots of trichomes. The pistoles are gone though. I’m a tad buzzed so a bit confused with what you see. Perhaps some rot?? Help me out please☮️

Top Bottom