Growing out seeds from hermied plants

• Thread starter Amalthea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amalthea

Amalthea

I have some seeds harvested from my hermied (plant) bud. They're Auto-Flowering seeds, is it worth growing them out ? Or should them and buy new ones.

I have limited space/time so only would like to grow them if the bud will be hlf decent.

Thank you

Amalthea

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Best bet is to start over with new seeds. Sometimes your hermed plants will throw good offspring, but more than likely they'll do the same thing. If you're saving an elite strain, you may grow out every bean and keep a super close eye on them, but if you're not very experienced yet, your best bet is to get on THCBay and grab some beans. MotaRebel Genetics has inexpensive but top-notch beans if you're pinched for cash. Good luck!

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

A friend gave me about 50-100 seeds from a nice trainwreck plant that hermied during a move. Every seed i grew was either female or semi herm. ( I'd find 1-2 nut sacks on like 1 out of 4-5 plants) I always checked up on the girls so i caught the nut sacks fast and they never seeded the buds. The bud turned out just as nice as the non-herm plants. Just had to keep an eye on em. -PDX

Top Bottom