Growing Outdoors In The Sierra Nevada's

• Thread starter BearFlagBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearFlagBuds

BearFlagBuds

I've lived in the California Central Valley all my life and always loved going to the mountains, and I've been thinking about trying to move there and continue to grow outdoors.

The areas/towns I've been looking into have been in Amador county in towns as high as 3,000 feet like Pioneer. Also looked at places in Calaveras county as well and even Sonora since they are closer to my current job. I've been looking at places with an acre to 5 acres so not huge but a little bit of land and most with a neighbor or two but with equally as much land or more. My ideal set up would be 100 plants in dep hoops to keep them shorter and provide some privacy/protection.

Any thoughts or advice on growing outdoors in those areas or other good areas in the Sierra Nevada's? Is the climate good for growing outdoors? Thanks in advance for your replies!

BudBogart

BudBogart

I grow right at 3000 feet in the sierras. We are able to do just fine even with a couple of end of the season storms. Codes and enforcement vary from county to county. Some are not as friendly as others. Be sure to check.

Top Bottom