growing parents of your strain

• Thread starter Satica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Satica

Hi everybody

What i mean is that sometimes you grow a strain and from that strain you find yourself more interested in one or two parents individually and then decide to grow them separately.

For example : I started with White Russian(white widow x AK 47) then she got me interested in White widow and AK 47individually.

or Diesel Ryder ( NYCD x Lowryder) had such a good aroma that I went for NYCD alone ( and it was fantastic but too stinky in flowering ).

have you had the same experince with other strains like me?

S

Skunkenstein

I totally hear what your saying..I find myself needing to grow out the Originals more than the Hybrids. I can't fully appreciate the cross when I don't know what the Parents were like, if that makes any sense.In reality I've made more hybrids than anything else..But I really feel the need to grow out some of the classics to understand what made them so great to begin with.I'm running Doc Atomics Northern Lights alongside my old standbyes..I'm very Impressed to say the Least! There is definately some good Genes in the seeds I sprouted..They are not Homogenous, but all have the look, and are very solid and robust.Every part of the plant is Heavy duty! Huge stems,branches,Leafs..You can tell their Gearing-up for something Big..So many strains..So Little Time !!

R

radical farmer

I hear ya. Thats why I always like to know what the lineage of the hybrid that I'm growing out is, and then do more research on the parents. It just makes you appriaciate the hybrid even more when you've grown out/smoked the parent strains.

M

MJPassion

Hellz yes I've had these same feelings...

Ive got a Querkle plant and I've also got a Purple urkel cut and the Space Queen beans. Though I dont expect the Space Queens to be anything like the original because they ARE F2s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom