Growing techniques Auto vs. Photos

• Thread starter GalaxysEdge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Hi all,

Working towards getting my first grow under my belt. I have two photo period plants that are currently in flower. So far so good.

I'm looking ahead to try my hand at autoflowers, just for the sake of trying something new and I enjoy the challenge.

I am curious, before I go surfing the internet, can anyone breakdown the differences in growing autos vs photos?

Specifically i am more looking for like growing techniques that may be different between the two. (E.g. water autos more? Don't lst autos? Only top autos once? Don't defoliate autos?..I making all this up BTW just for examples sake)

Thank you!

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hi all,

Working towards getting my first grow under my belt. I have two photo period plants that are currently in flower. So far so good.

I'm looking ahead to try my hand at autoflowers, just for the sake of trying something new and I enjoy the challenge.

I am curious, before I go surfing the internet, can anyone breakdown the differences in growing autos vs photos?

Specifically i am more looking for like growing techniques that may be different between the two. (E.g. water autos more? Don't lst autos? Only top autos once? Don't defoliate autos?..I making all this up BTW just for examples sake)

Thank you!
The advantage with autos is they are smaller which makes them attractive to growing in small indoor spaces. Outdoors you can get a couple grows in over the season. But that’s about where it stops. If you have the space indoors and are not lookin for multiple harvests per season outdoors stick with photos. Indoors an auto and a photo don’t have much difference in time to grow to finish.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

Some say don’t top but some growers can get away with it. There are so many personal views it’s hard to get a consensus. Just ask about lights/nutrients/IPM ect. and you’ll get the gambit, who's right and who's wrong? I say experiment and learn from them.

Top Bottom