Growing Tobacco

• Thread starter CHILKaT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CHILKaT

So I've started growing tobacco indoors and have just moved them out to a greenhouse. The plants are looking great. Was wondering if anyone else grows, and if so, I could use some tips on curing. I don't want to do anything fancy, was hoping I could just air dry and jar cure...would make my life much simpler.

7rayos

I grow some tobacco outdoors. Leaves are huge, allow them to grow and pull out any flowers (been told it gets smoother taste), then leave it to mature a bit more until you see some yellowing, (some people allow it longer to mature in the same plant) then hang it upside down leaf by leaf like hanging clothes, in a dark, cool, dry and ventilated area until just before the leaf tips crumble, the plant should be manageable, almost elastic but easily breakable. Ready to smoke. Jar it after this.
If you put them next to mj plants, white fly will go to the tobacco rather than the mj. Same happens with mint.

C

CHILKaT

I grow some tobacco outdoors. Leaves are huge, allow them to grow and pull out any flowers (been told it gets smoother taste), then leave it to mature a bit more until you see some yellowing, (some people allow it longer to mature in the same plant) then hang it upside down leaf by leaf like hanging clothes, in a dark, cool, dry and ventilated area until just before the leaf tips crumble, the plant should be manageable, almost elastic but easily breakable. Ready to smoke. Jar it after this.
If you put them next to mj plants, white fly will go to the tobacco rather than the mj. Same happens with mint.

Thanks 7rayos. Hope to avoid white fly altogether though. I might also try some with a water cure to see if I like that. Should make a light smooth smoke and leach out nicotine which is okay with me. I smoke for the pleasure of smoking, not the nicotine, so I already cut my pouch tobacco with 30% water cured mj leaf.

Top Bottom