Growing Veggies in hydro?

• Thread starter MI_MMMP_420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MI_MMMP_420

How would I start? What veggies can I grow in hydro? I am thinking of idea of having a indoor farm. I am thinking of just build a grow room no different for pot but I can grow every kind in hydro so what else could i do?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I've done beans, tomatos, peppers, every herb there is, lettuce, cabbage.... root crops like carrots, beets, potatos, etc..not sure how those would do or how to pull it off..

ttystikk

ttystikk

Just because peole use hydroponic equipment to grow ganja doesn't mean A. Cannabis ISN'T a vegetable, or B. That everything learned from growing weed isn't directly transferable to growing food crops.

I was growing hydroponically in high school- in a greenhouse. We ran tomatoes, pole beans, lettuce, spinach and much more, and sold what the private high school didn't use. We used sand beds for the leaf crops and top drop irrigation in containers for the tomatoes.

Come on, people! It's gardening, not rocket science!

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
imo growing veggies indoors is a waste of space, do it outside unless of course you're growing in the winter. I usually play it safe and plant well after last frost, but I catch up to all of the soil growers in a week or two. you can do root crops as well. I plant everything in 4 foot diameter kiddie pools. Try to plant similar feeding plants together. In hot years, I mix hydroton with rw croutons, otherwise I have to constantly water the hydroton. Here's last year in second pic, cucumbers, cantaloupe, and 7 types of heirloom tomatoes, mostly my fav sungold varieties. If you want the easy way, global buckets, geo pots, wicking pots are a super easy, those in the first pic are different versions of wicking pots, I love them for greens. Not sure if people consider those hydro. Buy heirloom seeds, you'd be suprised what you're buying at the big boy shops.
DSC 3233
GH's website has some great info in the blog section.
DSC 3455

M

MI_MMMP_420

thanks for in the info im thinking of indoor farming...

J

justhydronow

You can grow almost everything, including flowering plants, several different kinds of fruits and many kinds of herbs. Give priority to veggies that taste best when fresh- picked.

Top Bottom