Growing Virgin

• Thread starter Buckeye01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buckeye01

Buckeye01

Just ordered seeds from Seedman
I have a long history with growing damn near anything.
Currently have 35-40 Bonsai, most pre bonsai. 10-12 Japanese Maples, (maybe more, don't tell the significant!!😎) so I'm pretty well versed with pot cultivation.
Already set up with an indoor light/heat mat area for spring vegetable/flower propagation. Plenty of humidity trays and covers. I've cultivated a lot from seed.
Soil recommendations appreciated. I'm assuming a good loose soil mix for pots? Some perlite, pine bark?
I have plenty of developed outside beds that are great for cultivation in full sun.
I have multiple choices for fertilizer regiments. Organic and chemical. Same for pest control. Preferences?
Sorry, I tend to overthink stuff!🤣

Oh by the way. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!🥳

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'm not a fan of pre loaded soils. I like this medium. It's hydro you will need ph and E.C meters.
And be very careful.

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Already set up with an indoor light/heat mat area for spring vegetable/flower propagation. Plenty of humidity trays and covers. I've cultivated a lot from seed.
Soil recommendations appreciated. I'm assuming a good loose soil mix for pots? Some perlite, pine bark?
I have plenty of developed outside beds that are great for cultivation in full sun.
I have multiple choices for fertilizer regiments. Organic and chemical. Same for pest control. Preferences?
Sorry, I tend to overthink stuff!🤣
So, you're planning to grow outside?
Yes, porous soil mix for pots. Perlite, for sure. IDK about pine bark, but these plants like slightly acidic soil, at about pH=6.0.
They like full sun.
Organic or chemical is the grower's choice. Same for pest control.
I don't think you're overthinking your grow. For outside growers, now is the time for planning. There are many ways to grow these plants.

Buckeye01

Buckeye01

So sow the seeds now? 6a zone. Soil won't be above 55F until May. Pots come out around Memorial Day. I don't have inside space 'til then.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I missed the outdoor part. Figured you where setting up indoors. This is my last grow.
Check it out.

Top Bottom