Growing with Gaia Green - Shaded's Method

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gorillachaz

Hey @codemapost any questions you have ask in here, that way anyone can search and hopefully find this thread.

If I was you I would go get a bale of promix and mix gaia green all purpose at the Rate it lists for container gardens. You can also mix in some power bloom into your base soil as well. Just don't go over the recommended amount between the two.so if it says like 90 ml per gallon or whatever I would do 60 ml 444 and 30 ml 284 or some other combination to get to your total (just an example dont know the rate off hand).
Now just mix it up and let it sit while you finish this grow, making sure it stays moist and turn it once or twice during this time.
Now when your crop is done your soil will be well cooked and ready to use😄

You can veg in this soil, then when going to flower you might need top top dress like was saying in your thread. It's all dependent on size of plant compared to size of pot and how long its been in said pot. If you transfer to a nice new pot a week or so before flower you should be good for a couple weeks without top dressing.

P.s if you want your soil to buffer your water ad in dolomite lime and/or oyster shell flour into your base soil mix.

Hey @PrimoClonesCanada! I'm from the United States and can't access Gaia Green Living Soil. I've been trying to create a similar "pre-amended" soil mix and currently use a blend of 40% HP ProMix Mycorrhiza, 30% FoxFarm Happy Frog, 20% earthworm castings, and 444 (3 tbsp/gal). (Im planning on getting rid of the Happy Frog. )

I'm wondering if I could also add 284 from the start and then use it as a top-dress during pre and mid flowering, while continuing to use soil that contains both every time I pot up from the start. Or if I should add a medley of ingredients instead for example buying "Down To Earth" or similar amazon brands Alfalfa, Humic acid, Kelp, Oyster shell ect... (anything on the Gaia Green living soil bag ingredients).

What's your take on this approach?

Last edited:
Top Bottom