Growing With Led Lights

• Thread starter Izarah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Yea that's what I want it for. The 600 galaxy for flower. I get some cob panels too. Hear good things. Right now I have a 450 meihzi with dual switches and a 300 higrow with dual switches. I love em for veg. After 5 weeks my plants have triple and quadrupled in size! Love it. Peave out bro. Ill let ya know when the cob is purchased aha. In in love with the meihzi 900 too for some reason. They destroy in veg
Show it off with me then my LED brother. This is where I learn new things and magic happens. I practicaly keep my logs here and this is one of the most popular threads on this site:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/event-horizans-playland.82884/page-421#post-2007172

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Don't buy anything else then a real led, that will Really made a difference

A timber, a pacific, whatever as long as it's not from amazon n has a 3yr+ warranty

gwheels

gwheels

I have a mars reflector 48 and just got a timber framework vero 200.
Quality of build isnt even close.
Dimmable light is the shit.
I love the vero. And the 315 cmh.

wizardy

wizardy

im curious. If I buy a 300 watt LED light is one enough for 1 plant in a 4x4x8 grow tent? I read that a 300 watt light is actually only 150 watts for the plant or something like that so I'm just curious if I need more then 1 per plant tent.
I just think you should depend on your plants' growth stage.

King Julien

King Julien

I've always wanted to go LED but they scare me. Not the price point or the way they work. Simply how hit and miss a lot of them are. Had a friend that bought a couple brands years ago and tried growing with both. Was both funny and sad. All that time and labor just to get 4 super stretchy plants that yielded a half an ounce amongst them.

That was years ago though. I know there's good stuff out there on the market I'm just afraid to drop some serious cash and have it be a waste of time and money. But by god it would be great to have some heat reduction in the summer.

MW7945

MW7945

I've always wanted to go LED but they scare me. Not the price point or the way they work. Simply how hit and miss a lot of them are. Had a friend that bought a couple brands years ago and tried growing with both. Was both funny and sad. All that time and labor just to get 4 super stretchy plants that yielded a half an ounce amongst them.

That was years ago though. I know there's good stuff out there on the market I'm just afraid to drop some serious cash and have it be a waste of time and money. But by god it would be great to have some heat reduction in the summer.

CXB3590, Vero 29, CLU048

Leew421

Leew421

If you're interested in led technology and want lights that are ready to go plug and play. Look up Flouence Bioengineering Spydrx plus. I run 2 of these lights in flower and a non plus in veg with 2 t5 4x8 bulbs fixtures. These lights are flawless. I can run 2 grams a watt for 16 plants and I can hit 1.2-1.5 grams a watt on 12 plants.

20170927 114811
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Use one of the three led n a cmh.

You can't go wrong. Both of the best new lighting technology

I want a cmh but don't think I have the space for it. Think it will be a timber 200/300 vero plus a T5

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

This is what a cheap 300w galaxyhydro LED can do with one, single badly-grown plant (my fault of course). The buds are premature but not bad in color of pistils and trich content. This plant was grown throughout its veg life using only CFLs and then further flowered using exclusively the galaxyhydro. The veg/clone box you see there works as my cfl photography studio :)

20170821 061051
20170926 192942
20170926 205925
20170926 225856
Last edited:
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

CXB3590, Vero 29, CLU048
[QUOTE="King Julien, post: 2007632, member: 87446]

Tried to quite both of your posts with mine. Didn't quite work

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

This is what a cheap 300w galaxyhydro LED can do with one, single badly-grown plant (my fault of course). The buds are premature but not bad in color of pistils and trich content. This plant was grown throughout its veg life using only CFLs and then further flowered using exclusively the galaxyhydro.

Yes, 1 galaxy 300 is good for 1 plant.

All day.

But not much more at all. I have one

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Yes, 1 galaxy 300 is good for 1 plant.

All day.

But not much more at all. I have one
Using the scrog method, I'm able to direct most all of the light to a 36"×20" square surface area for use on multiple plants. So I have that going for me :)

Last edited:
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

This is what a cheap 300w galaxyhydro LED can do with one, single badly-grown plant (my fault of course). The buds are premature but not bad in color of pistils and trich content. This plant was grown throughout its veg life using only CFLs and then further flowered using exclusively the galaxyhydro. The veg/clone box you see there works as my cfl photography studio :)
I want to further add that the temperature for that plant was too hot most of the time, what with the cfls and the hot season here. Hence the fluffy looking popcorn buds and giant buds alike :(. The density is lacking here and I think it's a temperature-related problem. Not the light.

Last edited:
Top Bottom