Growing with LEDs for 2 years or more?

• Thread starter BrandonBlack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Has anyone had a LED system that has lasted longer than 2 years with nothing going out or becoming noticably dimmer? I'd like to hear what people have to say. I do not believe there is a light that has that potential other than Light Beam's GL(which is not proven). Please someone prove me wrong! :)

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Yes. I do not believe there is a grow light out there that can last 2 years or more without anything failing or becoming weaker. I think that the GL700 has the potential. I have my reasons why I think that. I can not share those reasons. I am very curious and would like someone to prove me wrong in my thoughts.

grower2

grower2

Yes. I do not believe there is a grow light out there that can last 2 years or more without anything failing or becoming weaker. I think that the GL700 has the potential. I have my reasons why I think that. I can not share those reasons. I am very curious and would like someone to prove me wrong in my thoughts.

Why don't you first prove that your light is capable of doing such a feat? Then ask if any other companies light can as well. You should be more concerned with showing us what your product can accomplish instead of what others can not.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

That will take 2 years. Which that doesn't even matter, because my question is, is there a light out there. Meaning one that has been used for 2 years. I don't have to prove anything. I am allowed to voice my opinion and I am allowed to ask questions. I have personally used and tested other LED fixtures and they have not done well or nearly as well. Is that my opinoin? Particially. Ours didn't fail and grew plants start to finish where others failed and did not.

grower2

grower2

You are a company representative, and your intention here with this question is to bash other companies products, without offering anything of substance on your own light.

It's a win-win question for you. No one can disprove your opinion of your light being reliable for another two years, and you seek negative comments on other companies.

Do you know your light doesn't crap out after 6 months use? How long has your light been tested?
What kind of warranty do you offer?

Or are these questions to broad for you to understand, as you claimed some of my questions were earlier?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Has anyone had a LED system that has lasted longer than 2 years with nothing going out or becoming noticably dimmer? I'd like to hear what people have to say. I do not believe there is a light that has that potential other than Light Beam's GL(which is not proven). Please someone prove me wrong! :)
sounds like you have a lot of research to get going on man...lol

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

LEDS are not the path to nirvana,I have my reasons why i think this but i cannot share those reasons with you...

619ster

619ster

I've had my Grow LED Hydro Spectra's since 2010. There ya go!

And if ya don't believe me, I can point you to my logs from back in 2010, and can't show you they're still working just fine in my current setup.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

I've had my Grow LED Hydro Spectra's since 2010. There ya go!

And if ya don't believe me, I can point you to my logs from back in 2010, and can't show you they're still working just fine in my current setup.
That's awesome. Thank you for your post. Have you taken any readings to see if the LEDs are less intense? Any issues with the light what so ever? Does this light replace HPS? Is there anything else you could tell me about this light?

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

You are a company representative, and your intention here with this question is to bash other companies products, without offering anything of substance on your own light.

It's a win-win question for you. No one can disprove your opinion of your light being reliable for another two years, and you seek negative comments on other companies.

Do you know your light doesn't crap out after 6 months use? How long has your light been tested?
What kind of warranty do you offer?

Or are these questions to broad for you to understand, as you claimed some of my questions were earlier?

My intention was not to bash any other company in specific. I apologize if it came off that way. I am not looking for others to bash other products either. I am looking for a light that can hold glory. One that I can put to the test. One that I can gain more knowledge about. I'm into LED technology and am eager to learn new things. I do not mean to rep the company I work for. I just truly love the light I use. When people ask me how much it cost, I will tell them. I have used other companies LEDs and was not satisfied. Its like if someone realy liked nike shoes and talked about them all of the time. Ie how much they liked them. Then happen to get a job from them and still talked about how much they loved their shoes. I am currently using a light for 9 months and it was used for a year in testing before I had it. I don't offer a warranty. I believe LBI offers a 3 year warranty. I can give you an email address to someone who works directly with this light or sales if you would like. Not to broad at all. Thank you for cleaning it up and not trying to attack me as much as you have in the past. I am more than happy to answer questions for you. I am on this site to inform people about LED technologies so, that they can make an educated desiscion before buying ANY unit.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
My intention was not to bash any other company in specific. I apologize if it came off that way. I am not looking for others to bash other products either. I am looking for a light that can hold glory. One that I can put to the test. One that I can gain more knowledge about. I'm into LED technology and am eager to learn new things. I do not mean to rep the company I work for. I just truly love the light I use. When people ask me how much it cost, I will tell them. I have used other companies LEDs and was not satisfied. Its like if someone realy liked nike shoes and talked about them all of the time. Ie how much they liked them. Then happen to get a job from them and still talked about how much they loved their shoes. I am currently using a light for 9 months and it was used for a year in testing before I had it. I don't offer a warranty. I believe LBI offers a 3 year warranty. I can give you an email address to someone who works directly with this light or sales if you would like. Not to broad at all. Thank you for cleaning it up and not trying to attack me as much as you have in the past. I am more than happy to answer questions for you. I am on this site to inform people about LED technologies so, that they can make an educated desiscion before buying ANY unit.
It really sounds like your asking people to inform you about other LED technologies. What are you informing us about to help with an educated decision...??

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Well, I'm hoping that people will ask questions about LEDs and the technology behind them. I'm not certain on what people do or do not know. With the knowledge I have, I can tell what is a marketing scam, when looking at LED systems. It seems as if people are not catching these or have other reasons of buying lights.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Well, I'm hoping that people will ask questions about LEDs and the technology behind them. I'm not certain on what people do or do not know. With the knowledge I have, I can tell what is a marketing scam, when looking at LED systems. It seems as if people are not catching these or have other reasons of buying lights.
Interesting stance. I just don't think too many people are intrigued by light bright versus HID.

Tell me why they are so awesome and why someone wouldn't want to miss these lights??

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

Like all this talk about full spectrum, 1w, 3w, 5w, lumiens... I would like people to think about how light mixes. And when light mixes that you get new colors. Do people know what drivers or controlers are in the LED systems? Do they know if they are the right ones for that light or if the picked one off the shelf and threw it in their fixture and called it good. What do peopls know about lenses? What do they know about PAR? What do people know about NM? Are the companies building these fixtures using the right wire? What are they doing to protect the guts of the light? Do people know what dust does to a light? What do people know about wasted light?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Like all this talk about full spectrum, 1w, 3w, 5w, lumiens... I would like people to think about how light mixes. And when light mixes that you get new colors. Do people know what drivers or controlers are in the LED systems? Do they know if they are the right ones for that light or if the picked one off the shelf and threw it in their fixture and called it good. What do peopls know about lenses? What do they know about PAR? What do people know about NM? Are the companies building these fixtures using the right wire? What are they doing to protect the guts of the light? Do people know what dust does to a light? What do people know about wasted light?
Do people really care would be my next question.

You should start by saying what your company has for the answers to these questions...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty

You should start by saying what your company has for the answers to these questions...
If people put the information out there, people might know those answers as they prob come from the manufacture as I doubt a regular person would spend $2000 on a light to take apart and see if the wiring is right or the lenses are proper...lmao

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

I think LBI's GL series is awesome because they designed everything down to the dies that are under each lense. They dont buy lights that are specific nm off the shelf. They dial in their nm, while thinking about how light mixes. They are able to use 8 LED's to replace 100s of cheap or technologicly impaired LEDs. The light cannot over heat. LBI understands thermal management. The guts of the light are well protected where as most companies do nothing to protect the inside of their fixture. I got the oppertunity of seeing side by side tests with HPS and other leading LED systems. I like how they disgned their reflector to gather all wasted light and redirect it into the cannopy. And I"m stoked to be growing with LEDs in general. I love the fack that I don't have to worry about my rooms being too hot or leaves burning up. ANd so much more.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

I'm not sure if people do care. I'd like to figure that out.

LBIs brochore explains a lot of this.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

If people put the information out there, people might know those answers as they prob come from the manufacture as I doubt a regular person would spend $2000 on a light to take apart and see if the wiring is right or the lenses are proper...lmao

You're right. I guess working for a company that went ahead and tore apart several different companies LEDs is a plus for me and only to the the people that work here.

Top Bottom