Growing with LEDs for 2 years or more?

• Thread starter BrandonBlack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I'm not sure if people do care. I'd like to figure that out.
I think LBI's GL series is awesome because they designed everything down to the dies that are under each lense. They dont buy lights that are specific nm off the shelf. They dial in their nm, while thinking about how light mixes. They are able to use 8 LED's to replace 100s of cheap or technologicly impaired LEDs. The light cannot over heat. LBI understands thermal management. The guts of the light are well protected where as most companies do nothing to protect the inside of their fixture. I got the oppertunity of seeing side by side tests with HPS and other leading LED systems. I like how they disgned their reflector to gather all wasted light and redirect it into the cannopy. And I"m stoked to be growing with LEDs in general. I love the fack that I don't have to worry about my rooms being too hot or leaves burning up. ANd so much more.
TEll us what is the "so much more" part!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
You're right. I guess working for a company that went ahead and tore apart several different companies LEDs is a plus for me and only to the the people that work here.
Yet you still don't divulge much...

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

TEll us what is the "so much more" part!

I'll write more when I have time. I wish I could go on forever, but I have to get some work done today :p If only I could spend all day answering emails.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I'll write more when I have time. I wish I could go on forever, but I have to get some work done today :p If only I could spend all day answering emails.
Why even bother to write anything more when you are restricted to what you can tell us?Kind of an oxymoron and counterproductive for us.
All day answering emails?you never answer anything,only ask questions.

619ster

619ster

That's awesome. Thank you for your post. Have you taken any readings to see if the LEDs are less intense? Any issues with the light what so ever? Does this light replace HPS? Is there anything else you could tell me about this light?
No I haven't taken readings to be honest. The only malfunction I've had with them is that one of the drivers doesn't like to be turned off, then back on. So once it's on, I can't turn off then back on too soon or I end up with a section of my panel not working. Comes on just fine if light is left off an hour or moreand then turned on. Yes I can say that this light (specifically this model because all models after 2010 were not the same) can compete with HPS, as I have hit a gram per watt with them. The only thing I can tell you about the Spectra 2010 model is it is old and outdated, but still performing better than 80% of todays LEDs. So I'd expect there's far better choices by now. I can think of a few, and hoping I can add to that few sometime soon here because it's about time LEDs start showing what they are capable of. LED game is slackin' on its mackin' :D
Do people really care would be my next question.

You should start by saying what your company has for the answers to these questions...
You seem to really care if I'm not mistaken lol. I see you on nearly every LED manufacturers/vendors thread. Either you're ready to see a LED that REALLY works and can match or beat HPS, or you just REALLY like picking on LED manufacturers and advertisers. Not that I have any probs with it lol. Carry on, it's entertaining. Plus these LED peeps need that push to get them to expose what they're REALLY working with, and should push them to get some REAL LIFE examples of what their product can do.

The way I see it, is nobody is gonna buy into all this mumbo jumbo! Give us data! Give us the cold hard science of it! You're right Brandon Black, you don't know what we know, or what we understand about LEDs. But why is it so hard to just put the info out there? I understand that not all specs and pieces/components can be displayed as it would allow for your light to be copied or imitated. But nobody is gonna buy something that they can't even know what's going on with it or how it's supposed to better than the thousands of other crap LEDs out there. Then you don't have nothing to show us as far as real life plants grown by these (specically cannabis!). And then there's nobody in real life testing these for you guys. Sure you may have tester's of your own or have done tests of your own, but we don't know they're real. Send out a few tester lights to farmers here or wherever it is you're trying to show these off. Nobody is gonna take your "word" for it that these are the best LEDs and these should be the optimal choice for people looking to get LEDs. It'd be like a breeder coming out with seeds and simply stating that the genetics are the best in the world, and that the plants grown from these seeds will outyield any other strains, and be more potent than other strains. No info on the genetics and no test grows from real life farmers? I doubt many folks are gonna think twice about snatching a pack of those beans lol.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
lol, I def wanna see these perform as I have yet too but I hear unrealistic claims of the like of a tv salesman...And I like making them prove themselves, they always say it replaces HPS and it's minimal power and last forever and grows the best buds ever...yadda yadda

Until I see one of these folks show a room full without playing games and just giving us statistics I'll be calling light bright out when I see it!

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

I wish I could. Being that I work for an LED company, there are restrictions on what I can and can not say. It sucks, believe me.
i worked for a lighting company for years and have no idea what technology could be in an LED, a heat sink, a few wires and possibly a shitty fan that would make you sign waivers/disclaimers of no info....o_O

how are your made? where? in house? i doubt it.

I'd love to hear even some "hints" as to what you wouldnt be able to say.

still my opinion seeing them in the field, over a field, grow rooms, living rooms blah,

LEDs still need to be improved, buying them now is a waste of time and money, and with all the potentials for what could come out soon, and what companies could come in the LED market to make things TONS cheaper, its like arguing laser discs. cool for a little but not for growing... talk spectrum all day but if it doesnt add an inch of frost onto my plants i could care less....
HPS/MH is still most beneficial IMO, because you have to factor in so much more than just the lighting. cost/effectiveness/reality all come to play there. if anything i think some plasmas are the real technology to talk about if truth be told.... talk about getting real yields efficiently.

grower2

grower2

My intention was not to bash any other company in specific. I apologize if it came off that way. I am not looking for others to bash other products either. I am looking for a light that can hold glory. One that I can put to the test. One that I can gain more knowledge about. I'm into LED technology and am eager to learn new things. I do not mean to rep the company I work for. I just truly love the light I use. When people ask me how much it cost, I will tell them. I have used other companies LEDs and was not satisfied. Its like if someone realy liked nike shoes and talked about them all of the time. Ie how much they liked them. Then happen to get a job from them and still talked about how much they loved their shoes. I am currently using a light for 9 months and it was used for a year in testing before I had it. I don't offer a warranty. I believe LBI offers a 3 year warranty. I can give you an email address to someone who works directly with this light or sales if you would like. Not to broad at all. Thank you for cleaning it up and not trying to attack me as much as you have in the past. I am more than happy to answer questions for you. I am on this site to inform people about LED technologies so, that they can make an educated desiscion before buying ANY unit.

Hmm, here's a thought, this is a board for growing marijuana.

I personally love marijuana, and I love every one of the female plants I grow.

I love them so much that I share a grow log on this forum, displaying my affection for all who choose to see and I leave it up to each person to take what they want from my display.

If your true intent is similar with your light, then do the same. Share with us a detailed grow log with your light and put on display all that you love about your light for us to see.

All I see you doing is talking up a light for a company that you claim to work for, but not represent, doing so out of love for an inanimate object that gives you what exactly in return?
What do you gain from all your effort?

You are either trying to persuade people to buy the light, or you are a complete moron that doesn't know any better, like a puppy that peed on a rug and is unsure why someone is yelling at them.

BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

GL002

GL003
GL004
GL005
GL006
BrandonBlack

BrandonBlack

We have had many testers and do any of you see any of the data, pictures taken, time lapse movies? Neither do I. The testers never came through. We have had testers in both California and Oregon.

I have posted specs on other threads. I will compile data and post on every thread if needed. I'm new at all this too. I have a passion for growing. I got turned onto LEDs and now I can't stop thinking or talking about them. So much so that I got a job working for an LED company. I moved 3.5 hours away to get this job. I'm a very young adult that has very little experience or knowledge compaired to the most of you. I just so happen to get my foot in the door and have the drive to learn about the technology behind LEDs and what drives them.

The company I work for is not putting anymore money into the GL at this time. We have no ads what so ever. They don't even care to sell it outside of the town we reside in. I wish the investors would put more into this light and others like it, but they make way more money on other projects. So they put all the focus on products that make big money and put these on the shelf to collect dust.

grower2

grower2

We have had many testers and do any of you see any of the data, pictures taken, time lapse movies? Neither do I. The testers never came through. We have had testers in both California and Oregon.

I have posted specs on other threads. I will compile data and post on every thread if needed. I'm new at all this too. I have a passion for growing. I got turned onto LEDs and now I can't stop thinking or talking about them. So much so that I got a job working for an LED company. I moved 3.5 hours away to get this job. I'm a very young adult that has very little experience or knowledge compaired to the most of you. I just so happen to get my foot in the door and have the drive to learn about the technology behind LEDs and what drives them.

The company I work for is not putting anymore money into the GL at this time. We have no ads what so ever. They don't even care to sell it outside of the town we reside in. I wish the investors would put more into this light and others like it, but they make way more money on other projects. So they put all the focus on products that make big money and put these on the shelf to collect dust.

Oh, so you have the only access to the Holy Grail of LEDs???

Ha, no wonder you are incapable of carrying on an intelligent conversation. You are a child, spouting off your thoughts, and chasing a dream, which real business men decided is not worth pursuing. Good luck with all that.

Please keep your product promotion to a single thread, you should probably talk to an admin about getting a sponsored vendor page in the LED section.

lurrabq

lurrabq

My intention was not to bash any other company in specific. I apologize if it came off that way. I am not looking for others to bash other products either. I am looking for a light that can hold glory. One that I can put to the test. One that I can gain more knowledge about. I'm into LED technology and am eager to learn new things. I do not mean to rep the company I work for. I just truly love the light I use. When people ask me how much it cost, I will tell them. I have used other companies LEDs and was not satisfied. Its like if someone realy liked nike shoes and talked about them all of the time. Ie how much they liked them. Then happen to get a job from them and still talked about how much they loved their shoes. I am currently using a light for 9 months and it was used for a year in testing before I had it. I don't offer a warranty. I believe LBI offers a 3 year warranty. I can give you an email address to someone who works directly with this light or sales if you would like. Not to broad at all. Thank you for cleaning it up and not trying to attack me as much as you have in the past. I am more than happy to answer questions for you. I am on this site to inform people about LED technologies so, that they can make an educated desiscion before buying ANY unit.
One of the items I look for as far as the lifespan goes is if its tested to L70 or L80 using 3 or 4 McAdams elipses, and 50K or 60K hoirs. If you know LED,s you should know what I mean.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

@keiksweat did someone call my name lol
lol, I def wanna see these perform as I have yet too but I hear unrealistic claims of the like of a tv salesman...And I like making them prove themselves, they always say it replaces HPS and it's minimal power and last forever and grows the best buds ever...yadda yadda

Until I see one of these folks show a room full without playing games and just giving us statistics I'll be calling light bright out when I see it!
Here ya go pics just taken minutes ago and Happy Thanksgiving

4x4 tent 756watts Cree CXB3590 only 6 plants

SAM 1215

SAM 1216

My lights kick the dog shit out of HPS all day lol and this is my 4x8 running only 744watts which I'm going to turn up to 1820watts next week

SAM 1213
SAM 1214
Top Bottom