Growing with living soil indoor

• Thread starter OGGemann
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
did you fill your planter 1/3 with the "just add water" soil, then just good potting soil the other 2/3? the "hot" stuff will be on the bottom, the plants "reach" for it when they are old enough to handle it

im using a just add water one, and did the 1/3 to 2/3 ratio, it seems to be working. i think im just starting veg stage (i read that when the plant has normal lobed leaves it is vegging), they all look green and happy. they are 25 days old from sprouting.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

did you fill your planter 1/3 with the "just add water" soil, then just good potting soil the other 2/3? the "hot" stuff will be on the bottom, the plants "reach" for it when they are old enough to handle it

im using a just add water one, and did the 1/3 to 2/3 ratio, it seems to be working. i think im just starting veg stage (i read that when the plant has normal lobed leaves it is vegging), they all look green and happy. they are 25 days old from sprouting.

It is vegging till it flowers🤣

HarryHood

HarryHood

I have a question Who here among us has used Mycorrhizal Fungi on their seedling ,clones or transplants in this living soil thread?
this is my first time trying it and i just mixed it into my HF soil for my next grow. blue planet root magic mycorrhizae, and their rhizo mix as well. also, sprinkled a bit of the mycorrhizae directly in the hole with the seed

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

this is my first time trying it and i just mixed it into my HF soil for my next grow. blue planet root magic mycorrhizae, and their rhizo mix as well. also, sprinkled a bit of the mycorrhizae directly in the hole with the seed
As soon as my roots pop out of my rapid rooters i sprinkle it on there and in the hole. hows that stuff you use seem to work good? Have you brewed a compost tea b4?

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

As soon as my roots pop out of my rapid rooters i sprinkle it on there and in the hole. hows that stuff you use seem to work good? Have you brewed a compost tea b4?
Just so you know mycorrhizae needs exudate signals from the roots of the plant to work in other words it needs roots to survive so if you do brew a compost tea its not necessary to waste your mycorrhizae in that and it'll be tgere as soon as your beans pop so its good you got it around your beans!

HarryHood

HarryHood

Just so you know mycorrhizae needs exudate signals from the roots of the plant to work in other words it needs roots to survive so if you do brew a compost tea its not necessary to waste your mycorrhizae in that and it'll be tgere as soon as your beans pop so its good you got it around your beans!
i've used a different brand of mycorrhizae on my bare root fruit trees a few years ago, but this will be the first time in the soil and seed hole.

i've just gotten into tea's. i use roots organic tea's and dry amendments, but did not know that i needn't put mycorrhizae into the brew so thank you very much for the information. i've basically finished my first grow of all autos and i'm very happy with what i've achieved for a rookie. i know i went light on nutes as they're autos and i didn't want to kill them. i think i've got a better understanding now and am sure i'll continuously learn with each grow. just popped my beans for the next grow into the soil 2 days ago.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

i've used a different brand of mycorrhizae on my bare root fruit trees a few years ago, but this will be the first time in the soil and seed hole.

i've just gotten into tea's. i use roots organic tea's and dry amendments, but did not know that i needn't put mycorrhizae into the brew so thank you very much for the information. i've basically finished my first grow of all autos and i'm very happy with what i've achieved for a rookie. i know i went light on nutes as they're autos and i didn't want to kill them. i think i've got a better understanding now and am sure i'll continuously learn with each grow. just popped my beans for the next grow into the soil 2 days ago.
Well in true organics you feed tge soil not the plant "Teaming with microbes" Jeff Lowenfel Great book read it if your doing organics Kisorganics.com or Amazon check it out!

Latest posts

Top Bottom