Growing With Root Riot And Coco Pro Plus

• Thread starter BudLMA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudLMA

BudLMA

New green leaf here. Smoke too much and costs a fortune so growing 2 plants. Got seeds from sensiseeds. White skunk. Planted one seed into root riot and one straight into coco coir pro plus. I had already sorted out ph water and pre soak.put them in a warm dark room. Keeping temp 21c- 18c. Day one. Will keep everyone posted on my journey. Tips welcome. Bud out

P

PassTheJ

As a rule of thumb, your first grow should be in soil. No nutes.. No LST, no supercrop, no topping. Just seed into wet nap, transfer into 1 gl pot, veg 30 days or until your plant is a foot tall and has 4 set of branches, then flower until trichs are amber. No transfers of any sort. Your job is to check ph and practice your watering technique while making detail notes on any changes. See if you have what it takes to grow and flower a simple pot plant. See if you have the patience and time to do daily upkeeping.

You can do a full mature cycle in under 100 days from seed. You wont get much but it'll be enough to feel proud and accomplished.

Just saying it sucks not know the basics when trying to do something advanced.. Learning the hard way has no curve when it comes to grows. Sometimes you have less then 48 to diagnose and fix an issue before you're screwed. You want to be ready..

Good luck.

BudLMA

BudLMA

Day 2 and i realised i planted the seed too deep in coco coir. I decided to dig it out and put in a rapid rooter instead. Ive managed to stabilise the room temp to 20c and have put them in a small humidity dome after reading up on here. Fingers crossed they germinate. I have 3 seeds in root riot cubes now and 3 spare if these go wrong!

BudLMA

BudLMA

Thanks man. There are so many conflicting views on how to do it. Eg put a humidity dome on/don't put one on. I think its a bit of trial and error on my first gk to!

P

PassTheJ

It's a plant. It doesn't need anything. Soil. Water.. light.. Matter of fact, scratch the light. You can germ a seed and grow it for like 3 weeks in total darkness and it'll still grow like any other plant. As long as the environment is room temp, it'll be fine.

Treat it like you would if you were growing any other plant. That's why a soil run is preferable without any interaction other then watering. So you get a feel on how versatile, adaptive and strong willed a plant, any plant is.

Vegging doesn't require much. Alot of growers idolize weed so they complicate themselves with unnecessary tasks.

BudLMA

BudLMA

This is what they are in. In a warm dark room. Root riot cubes with a bit torn off the end to cover the hole. I have a small grow tent set up with 125cfl light and one 250cfl light. Im just praying they germinate man

20180405 181041
P

PassTheJ

One of the seeds ive planted has germinated!

Can I ask you a question? Are you planning on growing 3 plants? If so.. did you use JUST 3 seeds because you had no more or you thought youd get 100% return..

Just curious...

BudLMA

BudLMA

No I only want one plant for my own pleasure and have a small space to grow. I thought i would have a better chance of one germinating. I have no plans for all 3 . One step at a time as I am a complete novice with just a load of research for tools

P

PassTheJ

Ok.. cool. I was like "this dude wants 3 plants so he sets 3 seeds?" .. Must be related to Johnny Appleseed.

Yea bro, keep us updated. Any help just ask..

BudLMA

BudLMA

Thanks pal will do. Am gonna treat them as my new babies. I don't see the point of growing them if they aren't treated properly so I am trying to follow the best advise. Thats why i skipped the paper towel method and straight into root riots as I thought they would be my best chance. So far so good. If one works I will be happy but have saved a few for back up!

P

PassTheJ

My wet napkin in a zip lock method has a 99% return rate. I have never tried to use coco or anything else. I enjoy the simplicity of mother nature. It's when you try to be smarter then nature that gets u into trouble..

Here's the best advice anyone will ever give you..

Theres no right way of growing weed.. Just a whole bunch of wrong ways..

BudLMA

BudLMA

I like it. Good advise. My hands are quite shakey so was worrying about transplanting the germinated seed into soil. I was torn between straight into soil or these root riot cubes and coco coir cause you can put the seed straight in, then the cube can go straight into the coco once its spouted up. I will see how I get on and learn.

BudLMA

BudLMA

Here is the one i think has germinated. Should i put it under light now?

P

PassTheJ

You decided to go into a more expert grow simply because you feared the seed. Expect some turbulence.

No it doesn't. My seeds pop with 24 hours. I keep them in the napkin an extra 3 days days so the stem gets almost an inch long before I drop it into soil. You can literally grow that seed in total darkness for like 2 weeks in a wet napkin..

The seed itself has enough nutrition for atleast a week or until the stem produces a single leaf that can begin converting.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is the temperature. Make sure it's like 80. Seedlings love warmth and humidity. So for now just make sure its moist and warm.

Sun light comes after your seedling made a small leaf..

BudLMA

BudLMA

Its sprouted perfectly and i noticed the root was coming out the bottom so i planted it straight away.

Top Bottom