Growing Without Cooling Or Ventilation Sytems

• Thread starter Frosty Tips
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Frosty Tips

Hi, I'm having a hard time getting an answer about sealed grow rooms. I understand they heat up quickly due to powerful lights in an enclosed space and thus measures are taken to cool the room down but what if you only have one light? I'm in the planning stages of converting half my closet into a mini stealth grow room 67.5" H 30" L 22" W. I plan on using a Mars 2 400W LED and if possible a 20lb co2 tank, Will the light throw off little enough heat so that I don't have to worry about cooling? Additionally Ill be using a couple circulating fans and the temp outside the box will be between 70-72 this can be maintained through warm months. Any help is much appreciated!

keiksweat

keiksweat

Hi, I'm having a hard time getting an answer about sealed grow rooms. I understand they heat up quickly due to powerful lights in an enclosed space and thus measures are taken to cool the room down but what if you only have one light? I'm in the planning stages of converting half my closet into a mini stealth grow room 67.5" H 30" L 22" W. I plan on using a Mars 2 400W LED and if possible a 20lb co2 tank, Will the light throw off little enough heat so that I don't have to worry about cooling? Additionally Ill be using a couple circulating fans and the temp outside the box will be between 70-72 this can be maintained through warm months. Any help is much appreciated!
don't go Mars bro.got two here if ya wanna buy em...get a 315cmh....on test it's kicked the ass of my two 450 reflector series panels....honestly pal,unless you go sit cobs,or expensive panels,don't go that route.ive been using em from 2015...hps 600 before that.cmh is perfect,not nearly as hot as a 600 pal...good luck.

RockymtnErik

RockymtnErik

Keiks right
that's not allot of light and you are going to run into problems with a completely sealed box. plus a small fan is cheap and the CMH is way cooler than i expected.... but if you only have the limited resources and you are hell bent on getting nug from seeds you can use the mars and buy a 15$ fan that will provide good enough airflow to get the plant through its life cycle.

F

FooDoo

dont forget that your plants need fresh co2 to live so youll either have to buy that tank or do intake and exhaust otherwise you will suffocate your girls

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
The plant needs air coming in and it going out I don't think you will have a very good time trying good luck with it buddy .

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

@Frosty Tips Have you already bought the mars? If so, stuff it in the closet and get some temps before you pop a seed. It will be a bit different when you finally get the gurls and gear in there, but best to get some temps to answer your own question. I checked the specs on the Mars II 400. Its core footprint will have your space covered. According to their claims, you will actually be putting about 175 watts on the gurls. If you are not planning on stuffing a dozen plants in there, then you will be fine with one or two gurls. It just depends how long you veg before you flip. I imagine your goal is to have some fun and enjoyment watching your own killer buds grow. I have done about 20 grows in the size you are looking at, using dinky ass tents with LED (not Mars). I roughly had the same wattage you are looking at for veg, about double that in my flower tent. Thank goodness I get the enjoyment of a bigger setup now. For me, I was happy with results I got from those little tents in my first grows. However, even with the lower temps of an LED, and your circulating fans, you are still gonna have some heat issues. Like all the good brothers above have suggested to you, you gotta have that air circulating in and out. Maybe you can better explain to us about what "sealed" means to you.

I just stumbled on to your thread, while searching for other ventilation info that I currently seek, so I am sorry if my opinion is no longer timely.

Last thought. If you can spare the extra $, go for the CMH like @keiksweat suggested, you will be a Happy Farmer!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I've ran sealed rooms with no fresh air coming in at all. Just my co2 tank at 1000ppm. Only time air gets in is when I open or close my doors. No intake or exhaust, no air exchanges. Sealed means just that, sealed.

gingerhazed

gingerhazed

I've ran sealed rooms with no fresh air coming in at all. Just my co2 tank at 1000ppm. Only time air gets in is when I open or close my doors. No intake or exhaust, no air exchanges. Sealed means just that, sealed.

agreed.. always surprises me when people talk about having exhaust or intake fans on sealed rooms.

gingerhazed

gingerhazed

and in response to your situation and the cmh's.. I'm running one 315 in a 5x5 tent (covering a 3x3 footprint) and it would get too hot in that space if I didn't have an awesome humidifier and a small backup vent fan (so far I fully recommend these guys for cheap temp/humidity controllers https://www.amazon.com/WILLHI-WH143...s=willhi+digital+temperature+controller&psc=1. ... )

I realize this isn't sealed but I think in a small space like that and with how cheap c02 is you can afford to have the closet vent a few times during lights on, especially if you get some kind of c02 controller.

and I can't say anything against led's because I haven't used them BUT I picked up a CMH a few weeks ago after reading a ton from @DemonTrich and @keiksweat and others and I won't be going with anything else anytime soon.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

I hope I am not getting Flamed here. Maybe my reply came off as stupid. I was asking @Frosty Tips to better explain what "sealed" meant to him.

Peace

Latest posts

Top Bottom