Growth rates question for a 4x4

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I plan on running one plant in a 4x4. The plant will have been vegged for 2 months then supercropped and I assure you it will flatten out to be at least 3 foot wide, prolly 4.

I will run rdwc with a 1000w hid. I will have multiple of these rooms set up all attached together to a massive holding tank.

My question is, if its the best strain, grown in the best conditions, whats the most one plant should yeild in a 4 month time frame? Veg 2 months, flower 2 months. So far it looks like im getting around 10-12 ozs per plant off a 2 month veg. But my plants overcrowd eachother and yea. . Just wanting to know what I should be looking at weight wise.

What does a 4x4 put out in regards to weight every harvest for you all? Im thinking all my plants should be at least 1 lb in every 4x4 off a 1000w, but idk. Seems like I should get more out of a 4x4 in 4 months, but how can one plant do that lol? Yet to get that much off one plant seems absurd. I know that there are fast strains, specifically hybrids ive grew that yeiled far more than others. Hell every time I grow my biggest bud is always bigger than the last one. Pretty sure if I did this I wouldnt be disappointed. Thoughts and concerns?

I just want to use 1 1000w light in a 4x4, 3 plants would be way to many, cause thats what im at now lol.

Im about to start building my new grow operation in my building. .just trying to line it all out first. I could fit 6 4x4 flower rooms, so 6 plants lol. . I will have seperate veg/clone rooms so no worries about them filling the space. I tend to grow trees during veg.

Last edited:
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

So the finish weight will vary greatly based on genetics. But it would be possible with the right genetics and a lot of patience to get up to 2 pounds out of a 1000W.

I'm reconfiguring my 4x8 from 6 plants to 2 - so I'll be right there with ya. We can compare harvests at the end and see where we end up. I'm running White Widow from Greenhouse Seeds. This has been a HUGE plant for me in the past - I don't think a pound a plant is a stretch for this next grow.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I plan on running one plant in a 4x4. The plant will have been vegged for 2 months then supercropped and I assure you it will flatten out to be at least 3 foot wide, prolly 4.

I will run rdwc with a 1000w hid. I will have multiple of these rooms set up all attached together to a massive holding tank.

My question is, if its the best strain, grown in the best conditions, whats the most one plant should yeild in a 4 month time frame? Veg 2 months, flower 2 months. So far it looks like im getting around 10-12 ozs per plant off a 2 month veg. But my plants overcrowd eachother and yea. . Just wanting to know what I should be looking at weight wise.

What does a 4x4 put out in regards to weight every harvest for you all? Im thinking all my plants should be at least 1 lb in every 4x4 off a 1000w, but idk. Seems like I should get more out of a 4x4 in 4 months, but how can one plant do that lol? Yet to get that much off one plant seems absurd. I know that there are fast strains, specifically hybrids ive grew that yeiled far more than others. Hell every time I grow my biggest bud is always bigger than the last one. Pretty sure if I did this I wouldnt be disappointed. Thoughts and concerns?

I just want to use 1 1000w light in a 4x4, 3 plants would be way to many, cause thats what im at now lol.

Im about to start building my new grow operation in my building. .just trying to line it all out first. I could fit 6 4x4 flower rooms, so 6 plants lol. . I will have seperate veg/clone rooms so no worries about them filling the space. I tend to grow trees during veg.
I grew 5 plants in a 4x4 last year, giving them 3 months to veg in soil and fill up the tent. (They did fill the tent.) I started that crop very slowly, deliberately, after overdoing everything my previous crop. I used an HLG-600r for lighting, which seems fine.

Ultimately I harvested 18 ounces of dried bud, which seems about right for a good soil grow. I've read that hydro systems can get up to 2 pounds in a 4x4 grow, which also seems plausible to me. I'm doing a coco grow now with 4 plants that have filled the tent in 5 weeks as much as the soil crop did in three months. The trunks on my plants are bigger than my thumb.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So the finish weight will vary greatly based on genetics. But it would be possible with the right genetics and a lot of patience to get up to 2 pounds out of a 1000W.

I'm reconfiguring my 4x8 from 6 plants to 2 - so I'll be right there with ya. We can compare harvests at the end and see where we end up. I'm running White Widow from Greenhouse Seeds. This has been a HUGE plant for me in the past - I don't think a pound a plant is a stretch for this next grow.
Hell yea, I'm sure we will do just fine. I was going to be a caregiver for someone but it will just give me too much weed that I have no use for. More less gonna just focus on growth rates and room designs. Pretty sure I will be installing/upgrading grow rooms in the near future. Perhaps some youtube Vids too.. Gotta make some of this money back lol... Legally

visajoe1

visajoe1

ive done the single plant in a 4x4, took longer than i preferred. you may have different results of course. however, i've found 2 or 4 plants is ideal in a 4x4. the more pots, the shorter veg time to fill it up

D

Dankmaster420

You should hit close to two. A lot of variables, but Im confident of that. Dont overthink or over nute

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

ive done the single plant in a 4x4, took longer than i preferred. you may have different results of course. however, i've found 2 or 4 plants is ideal in a 4x4. the more pots, the shorter veg time to fill it up
So my veg time must be the same as my flower time which is about two months regardless of veg time it seems. Perhaps I can get this transplant system down to 1.5 months. From seed they will be big enough to fill the 4x4 but not from clone. My clones s seem to take two extra weeks to reach the same size as my seeded.

With less than a two month veg I won't fill the 4x4 with one plant, and can't use the 1000w to its full capacity. I'm doing three now and it's way to much.. Idk I'm still pondering it all that's for sure.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Just an idea of what I'm speaking of. These were vegged for exactly 60 days but were clones, seeds would have been bigger.. Anyways.. They go from a 2*4 to a 4*8. Two 1000w hids in the 4*8 and a led in the veg tent.

I would love to get these grows down to 1.5 months veg and flower and I'm sure it's possible. I think it will be easier if I have more room though. Idk.. Just rambling at this point. Just need all the best of opinions from those with experience.

20220224 184910
20220224 191741
growsince79

growsince79

Longer veg = smaller yields. I grew a 1lb plant in a 4 x 4 with a 90day veg. I think its possible to grow a 2lb plant in a 4 x 4, but not with a 2 month veg. 8-10 plants with a 20-30day veg works best for me.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Longer veg = smaller yields. I grew a 1lb plant in a 4 x 4 with a 90day veg. I think its possible to grow a 2lb plant in a 4 x 4, but not with a 2 month veg. 8-10 plants with a 20-30day veg works best for me.
So I tried a 1.5 month veg in my 2x4 and was quite impressed with the weight the buds put on. It was a year ago roughly. Now the stems were thin compared and the buds just fell over. Mine do pretty well at staying stood up over long distances. Idk.. I got to much atm. . And I think I have another issue causing dudding which doesn't help with troubleshooting. I had. Plant dud all ecept one bud, makes me think it's just too many nodes trying to come up.. Or to many leafs in my tent stopping penetration. My lower buds look horrid even after a partial harvest and week long light..

Idk I'll figure it out. Perhaps I'll do 4 in a 4*4 and one in a 4*4. I know I'm building two 4*4 flower rooms so I guess that's a good start. Shared res too.. Well hopefully.. Still designing.

Thanks for the advice

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I would love to get these grows down to 1.5 months veg and flower and I'm sure it's possible. I think it will be easier if I have more room though. Idk.. Just rambling at this point. Just need all the best of opinions from those with experience.

I don't see why it would not be possible, even inevitable. Here are my 4 plants in a 4x4 at 6 weeks - 1 week into flowering already.

20220224 211559
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Ended up using my old veg system for one plant. Im running a 1000w HPS at max settings. 4x4 tent with a sour diesel.

I burnt the plant in my veg tent when i forgot to turn the exhaust fan back on. Showed in the second pic lol. . anyways i supercropped and topped her, and defoliated those bad leafs as the days went on. She has been in the flower room for almost a week now. She loves it apparently. . as do all my ladies ;)

That plant was tortured for 5 weeks in my veg tent. I didnt check the ph for 2 weeks and it had dropped down to 3.5 lol. . no nitrate in the system. . then I burnt it. . so yea. . shes doing wonderful. . hopefully she learned her lesson and will treat me right. Seems to be so

Im also slowly raising the scrog this grow. No more holding them down. . and I keep them evenly spaced. . im hopefull

Screenshot 20220609 140538
Screenshot 20220609 140559
Screenshot 20220609 140654
Screenshot 20220609 140736
Screenshot 20220609 140804
Screenshot 20220609 140824
Screenshot 20220609 140824
Screenshot 20220609 140859
Screenshot 20220609 140924
Screenshot 20220609 140935
Screenshot 20220609 140945
Screenshot 20220609 141002