GSC micro (1 plant) issue

• Thread starter Jenifer6
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jenifer6

Jenifer6

Hi all, this is my third year and I generally only grow two or three at a time. So far I have been lucky but this year I decided to splurge and but some GSC seeds. the plants sprouted Mar 10 and have been looking fabulous until this morning and i noticed these brown spots. I realize there is not a lot of evidence to go on here but i know that catching a problem early is key to a good harvest. I have searched the internet for answers but so far I have not seen a picture that looks like this.

My water is a little on the hard side
The soil PH tested at a neutral 7.0
My tap water is PH 6.8

My grow room was cleaned and sterilized before I started

Thoughts?

Jenifer

Gsc micro 1 plant issue
Gsc micro 1 plant issue 2
Jenifer6

Jenifer6

Its almost 4 weeks now an d they really look awesome aside from this. It's so confusing trying to diagnose things from looking at pictures on the web, but what is causing this? In my last grow one of my plants had a similar issue and by the end it looked horrible despite producing some pretty good bud but I want to solve it now so I get a better yield. Is this potassium deficiency? or PH fluctuation, and what is PH fluctuation? IDK but the old leaves are fine, only the new leaves look stressed.

Please help
Jenifer

IMG 2093
IMG 2094
Jenifer6

Jenifer6

Hi everyone,

it’s now passing five weeks and no flowering yet. I’m not sure if I need to switch to 12/12 lighting or wait till I see flowering activity?

Jenifer

growsince79

growsince79

Hi everyone,

it’s now passing five weeks and no flowering yet. I’m not sure if I need to switch to 12/12 lighting or wait till I see flowering activity?

Jenifer
I would switch to 12-12 now, unless you are wanting to grow a monster..

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My water is a little on the hard side
The soil PH tested at a neutral 7.0
My tap water is PH 6.8
I believe you have a zinc deficiency caused by a lockout because of high pH in your medium, this article will explain it; if you disagree or want more information just tag me back in, good luck!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi everyone,

Jenifer

Photoperiod plants will not start flowering until you change the lighting schedule to 12/12, if that's what you're asking?

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Hi everyone,

Jenifer
what is flowering activity ? you need to switch to 12/12 lighting before flowering begins.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Most plants are photo dependent for flowering... they need at least 12 hours of darkness to trigger flowering. If it is an auto strain, then it will begin to flower regardless of the photo period. You shouldn't be seeing any lockouts from too high of a soil Ph, but you don't want it to go above 7. It does look like a deficiency, but that can be a simple deficiency OR a lockout from too much nutrients, particularly P and Calcium, in the medium. Your plants look good but with new growth affected, it is needing something. A foliar application of a decent product that contains both macro and micro nutrients might be your best remedy until you get a handle on your current problem, but do research on foliar feeding first... it needs to be pretty diluted to keep from burning plants.

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

To me this looks like potassium deficiency (k) when I look at the leaf deficiency chart.

When I first started growing I used to do this sometimes by splitting my feeds into two parts so it would not be too strong for them. You have fed it a product that has used all the potassium up very quickly, which is strange considering your in veg. I would end up giving a and b for the feed and then the additives with the without a and b the next water. This caused no end of problems until I fed it each required item in one feed at a lower dosage and working up.

Simple mistake. I wouldn't say it's a pH issue Jenifer

But that's just my 2 cents and only talking from doing the same thing myself a time or two when I first started in soil.

Beadlesprout

What are you feeding it and when?

Beadlesprout69

Beadlesprout69

Possible too high a feed of calcium, causing a lock out of potassium,too early on...

It's hard to overfeed calcium but it is possible

Jenifer6

Jenifer6

I have hard water but I’m not sure what is the mineral , i.e. I have what looks like calcium build up on my toilet and sink, but products designed to remove calcium won’t touch it. It’s not Lomé either so maybe some other mineral but don’t know what. Maybe I should start buying bottled spring water!

I did move the light way up and the leaves look much better with no yellowing and only a few with the very tiny tip brown, and some of them, very few, are curved or bent but green and beautiful. Overall things look healthy.

I have switched to 12 and 12 last weekend but no flowering yet and also they have gained height rapidly.

Thank you to everyone who has posted here. I approximate you all.

Jenifer

Latest posts

Top Bottom