GSC mini bed + WiFi beds & Cherry Pie,True OG, Guava 13, W Master, Platinum Bubba

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
I got killer genetics this round, I also got killa Broad mites:(. I wasnt gonna post a journal this round but once i confirmed the bugs were present I thought i could benefit from a documented struggle and what to look for during flower in future runs. I seem to forget the phyical tell tail signs unless i have pictures to remind me.

So far ive hit everything with avid (1.5 ml per gal)twice 5 day interval, waited 10 days then flipped the room.

Pictures below were taken at day 4 of flower. Ill get some better lights off shots up soon and show the few plants that are still showing damage signs.
Mostly everything is looking lush, but a few weeks ago plants were looking real bad. I estimate having broad mites added about 10-15 day of veg. The key was identifying early on. It started with wierd looking defficencies in some plants and unusual cupping of leaves and funny looking new growth, older leaves had a leather like rigid feel.

one 3x6 bed of wifi 1 and 2 (1 strechy and fire dom, 2 indica structure and white dom)
Gsc mini bed  wifi beds  cherry pietrue og guava 13 w master platinum bubba

2 beds of wifi 1 and 2 (6.5 ft x 7 ft canopy)

Gsc mini bed  wifi beds  cherry pietrue og guava 13 w master platinum bubba 2

mini bed of GSC fourm cut, testing out here bed potential. so far so good!!

Gsc mini bed  wifi beds  cherry pietrue og guava 13 w master platinum bubba 3

HUGE Guava13 in an 18 gal container. (theres 2 plants in here)

Gsc mini bed  wifi beds  cherry pietrue og guava 13 w master platinum bubba 4

Guava13, auto canopies beautifully, minimal topping n training needed

Gsc mini bed  wifi beds  cherry pietrue og guava 13 w master platinum bubba 5

to the right, 3 True OG, in the middle Wmaster #1 and Wmaster#3 (best of 12 seeds, and we kno how OGRaskal does!) to the left bed of wifi. in the very front left a GSC fourm in a 6 gal container as a control against the mini bed experiment.

Gsc mini bed  wifi beds  cherry pietrue og guava 13 w master platinum bubba 6

back left,Gsc mini bed, then platnium bubba, then cherry pie, to the right a bed of wifi

Gsc mini bed  wifi beds  cherry pietrue og guava 13 w master platinum bubba 7

A shot from the door.

Gsc mini bed  wifi beds  cherry pietrue og guava 13 w master platinum bubba 8

Confu

shawnskush

shawnskush

what equipment and ferts are you using? have you looked into caps benificial microbial life they have a foliar that helps prevent pests

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

Right on Confu.... the avid must be doing it thang cause everything is looking nice and healthy... Nice strains, nothing but fire in there....
Peace...

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Killer lineup.. It sucks about the BM's tho.. But damn them plants look great.. I don't see any issue..hopefully u already killed them all.. Do u know where u got them bugs from? Good luck with this grow

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
what equipment and ferts are you using? have you looked into caps benificial microbial life they have a foliar that helps prevent pests

sup Swhawin, runnin 4k with large adjust wings, H&G Aquaflakes as a base, All the A1 adds(roots, humis fulvic, enzymes,kelp, aminos) drip clean, Caps bennies with 0-10-10 eb stone bloom food, ancient forest, alfalfa , unsulfered molasses. I feed DTW and really monitor the runoff. run 24k air conditioner, and 1, 5 gal evap cooler.if i missed something jus ask, thnx for stopping by.

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Right on Confu.... the avid must be doing it thang cause everything is looking nice and healthy... Nice strains, nothing but fire in there....
Peace...
thnx United, yea the avid made a big difference bro, within a few days. I regret not taking pictures!

Confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Can you post some close ups to show the damage please. I hope thigs work out for you. Always dig your grows and input

thnx Mid, yea pixs of current damage coming up.
Confu

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

have you ran hg cocos before? if so what is the differnce you see with? do you use ro and add cal mag? sorry for the question bomb but have considered aqua flakes for all my girls to simplify things between my hydro and coco.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Killer lineup.. It sucks about the BM's tho.. But damn them plants look great.. I don't see any issue..hopefully u already killed them all.. Do u know where u got them bugs from? Good luck with this grow

What up Goo, a few plants still show signs of damage, but hopefully I can jus pull off a decent harvest. Ill be applying incecticidal soap and neem every week till i cant no more.
As far as were I got them, cant really say, I should do a better job of quartining cuts as i accumulate them. I think u get broad mites when u get lazy!

Confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
have you ran hg cocos before? if so what is the differnce you see with? do you use ro and add cal mag? sorry for the question bomb but have considered aqua flakes for all my girls to simplify things between my hydro and coco.

no worries dude, i dont mind questions, first run with H&G was with their coco, i liked it yes i run RO and Add CALmAG. Even tho im in coco, i perfer aqua flakes because when i mix up 55 gal drum it can sit there for a few days with no problems,
Confu.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

no worries dude, i dont mind questions, first run with H&G was with their coco, i liked it yes i run RO and Add CALmAG. Even tho im in coco, i perfer aqua flakes because when i mix up 55 gal drum it can sit there for a few days with no problems,
Confu.
why is the res seemingly better with the aqua flakes? I would think the only addition would be cal and less p and k for the cocos base. just a long time hg user and your input is greatly valued.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
why is the res seemingly better with the aqua flakes? I would think the only addition would be cal and less p and k for the cocos base. just a long time hg user and your input is greatly valued.

Jus wanted to make sure the rez didnt get all gunked up, and my understanding is aqua flakes was made with that in mind. sounds like you know ur H&G, only thing i can tell ur forsure is Ive been running aqua flakes almost 2 yrs and never had any issues with it. prolly wont ever change because if it aint broke then i dont wanna mess with it.

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Day 11
After a good deleafing and sucka branch removing- plants show little to no signs of infestation. I have microscopped some new growth and do see what appear to be eggs so im assuming broad mites r not completely gone. Ive also applyed a neem and incecticidal soap foliar right after pictures were taken. The 2 Avid applications 5 days apart while plants were in veg really seemed to do the trick. Hopefully i can make it thru harvest with no real infestation.

Heres some pictures of a bunch of leafy happy plants @ day 11

GSC cookie Fourm cut in a mini bed 3ft X1.5Feet. Ive read she was a picky gurl and i had a hard time with her early on, what i did was start feeding he half strength nutes compared to everything else and put her on the edge of my garden with little direct light. SHES DOING THE DAM THING now, so much, that i decided to put her in a better spot in the garden under direct light.

P1050860
P1050861
P1050862

And in her in her prime real estate. This is 3 gurls in a bed set up seem to be doing real good if she yields good my run a big boy bed of her nxt round.
P1050863

My W-Master number 1 best outta an 11 pack.
P1050864
P1050865
P1050866

WMaster right nxt to the GSC bed and to the right is a WMaster number 3, she was the runner up out the pack.
P1050867

GSC in a 6 gal, this is my control plant against the gurls in a bed. I want to c where the better yield is.
P1050868
P1050869

Got a few True OGs going, she starting looking overfeed/locked up so I gave her a good low nute flush and have since been feeding her what im feeding the GSC(half strength nuts) and since has been looking happier!
P1050870

MASSIVE Guava 13 gurls., these are the same age as everything else in the room and 2-3 times bigger than everything else!!
P1050871
P1050872

Couple of 3x6 beds of my main bitches- 1wifi fire dom / 1 wifi white dom
P1050855
P1050856
P1050859

Thanks for stopping by.

Confu

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Damn I had a white Bubba that did that same thing around a year ago.. It even happened 2 a WiFi #1 & the plants juss didn't grow any crystals on them they turned out bunk.. I chucked the plant b'cuz I juss thought it didn't like my room..I wonder if I had BM's.. I spray my plants with different things 2 kill bugs so maybe I had BM's & killed them b'cuz I've never had that issue pop up ever again after I tossed the white bubba..

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Damn I had a white Bubba that did that same thing around a year ago.. It even happened 2 a WiFi #1 & the plants juss didn't grow any crystals on them they turned out bunk.. I chucked the plant b'cuz I juss thought it didn't like my room..I wonder if I had BM's.. I spray my plants with different things 2 kill bugs so maybe I had BM's & killed them b'cuz I've never had that issue pop up ever again after I tossed the white bubba..

Hard to say Goo, but i think u did the right thing as far as getting rid of said plants, and doing preventative sprays.
for me as soon as my plants show that something is wrong I check everything step by step. Coming to the conclusion i had BM was heartbreaking, I would have not known if i didnt check the new growth. atleast now i kno when i c leathery old fans, crazy cupping, and unusual deffiencies in new growth, i might have a bm infestation. Seemed like Avid really did its thing. hopefully now the neem, insecticidal soap will get me thru harvest. thnx for stoppin by

confu

Top Bottom